Things That You Know Aren't Good For You But You Do Them Anyway?

Garraty_47

Mutants Rule!
Site Supporter
You guys should just stop smoking.

It sucks for a couple weeks.

It doesnt suck as bad as what's gonna happen as you get older if you keep smoking and you'll be mad at yourselves.....trust me I've seen it.

I hear and appreciate you.

Ordinarily I smoke around a half-pack a day or less.
I even keep an empty Altoids tin outside to hold the cigs I only wanted or had time to take a few draws off of, instead of chucking them in the butt barrel and wasting them.

Maybe next year when Virginia is supposed to fully legalize marijuana?
I don't smoke as much when I'm high.
Unless I'm at one friend's house... she's practically a chain smoker and I end up smoking a lot probably because my stoned ass is just trying to keep up or something? LoL

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
I hear and appreciate you.

Ordinarily I smoke around a half-pack a day or less.
I even keep an empty Altoids tin outside to hold the cigs I only wanted or had time to take a few draws off of, instead of chucking them in the butt barrel and wasting them.

Maybe next year when Virginia is supposed to fully legalize marijuana?
I don't smoke as much when I'm high.
Unless I'm at one friend's house... she's practically a chain smoker and I end up smoking a lot probably because my stoned ass is just trying to keep up or something? LoL

Just put it down and go through it.

There IS value in the withdraw pain. I know that sounds crazy but if you conquer that you feel truly in control of your body and mind.

Coming off heroin was a terrifying, messy and horrible nightmare and I wouldnt trade the experince. I'll never be who I was before that - but I'm 100 times stronger because of it.

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Ceedoobie's #1 Fan
Site Supporter ☠️
This:

"
Some champion the combination, pointing to the history of its use for meditation and saying that cannabis makes them more mindful, calm, and aware. Some even credit cannabis with opening their eyes to meditation practice and making the meditative journey possible.

Others discourage using cannabis for meditation saying that it takes away your ability to focus, scatters your mind, and dissociates you from your real experience. They also worry that using cannabis regularly for meditation may leave you dependent on an illusion of relaxation and calm created by cannabis — rather than help you build resilience to the reality of the world. "

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
This:

"
Some champion the combination, pointing to the history of its use for meditation and saying that cannabis makes them more mindful, calm, and aware. Some even credit cannabis with opening their eyes to meditation practice and making the meditative journey possible.

Others discourage using cannabis for meditation saying that it takes away your ability to focus, scatters your mind, and dissociates you from your real experience. They also worry that using cannabis regularly for meditation may leave you dependent on an illusion of relaxation and calm created by cannabis — rather than help you build resilience to the reality of the world. "

I would agree with the bottom part.

All I can say is when I was on opiates I felt awesome and open and able to communicate better and the reality was DEAD ASS opposite. To the point where it was actually terrifying lol

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Ceedoobie's #1 Fan
Site Supporter ☠️
I would agree with the bottom part.

All I can say is when I was on opiates I felt awesome and open and able to communicate better and the reality was DEAD ASS opposite. To the point where it was actually terrifying lol

In the beginning I felt like it helped relax and keep thoughts away, but at a certain point I noticed it made it harder to concentrate and I'd also feel sleepy too early

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
In the beginning I felt like it helped relax and keep thoughts away, but at a certain point I noticed it made it harder to concentrate and I'd also feel sleepy too early

When I started on the pain killers I was still in Florida and my doctor was giving me 80 to 100 mgs of percocet a day. My Michigan doctor was alarmed by that. I was really naive on these drugs.

And to be fair when I got home (or back to Walids condo) from the hospital I actually didnt take any pain meds and I went to go to sleep and woke up in the excruciating pain I've ever been in. I was told to stay on top of that because it's much harder to get you OUT of that kind of pain than it is to just head it off. Fair enough. It was bad. It literally felt like a gunshot to the side and I'm not weak or dramatic.

And then one of my best friends suddenly died of a heart attack right as him and I were talking about how I needed to leave Florida and go home. He was gonna fly down, and drive back up with me and we were gonna be roommates again. And then he just died. I took it extremely hard. And I was super stressed with that break up.

So I noticed taking an extra pill gave me a ton of happy energy. That's how it started. It took all my anxiety and grief away.

You know it's really humbling realizing how much of "us" is actual brain chemistry. We DO have our spirit or soul....but that's not our emotions or moods. And when you really enter into that understanding that most of what we experince in our inner selves is mostly chemical....its actually pretty liberating and easier to cope.

There are so many natural and healthier things we can do to impact our brain chemistry. A lot of what we watch and listen to and consume can effect us much more deeply than we are consciously aware of.

It can be very tedious to seize each thought and break it down and unpack it but it's a very worthy endeavor and you'll end up with an excellent self awareness. I really had no idea what a stranger I was to myself until I started really analyzing my thoughts and feelings. I'm not talking about over thinking shit. I'm talking about breaking down our thoughts and having painful honesty with ourselves.

You dont need weed to relieve the burden of living in this world at all. We are all perfectly equipped with that. The modern world is so stressful with all the constant info and messaging fucking with our brains nonstop.....get back to being a kid in the 80s and sitting on the pavement as night starts falling and the smell of the air and the earth. It was so simple back then. That's all we really want and yearn for. As fucking CHEESY as that sounds if you can get your mind back to that place you really can get through wanting to reach for the weed to settle down.

It's not even JUST the effects of the weed.....a lot of this is the process. Youve taught yourself to reach for it. You have a routine and your brain associates it with relief and peace. It takes 21 days to teach yourself another mechanism.

Have something healthy that you enjoy that you have to look forward too after the day is done or a task is finished. Or even to start the day. I'm very much a creature of habit and....no one who truly knows me would have ever guessed if become that. Lol. Think like a specail coffee or some sort of treat.

We kinda are like dogs in a way and we can create our own reward systems if we are mindful enough to do so.

Keep that in mind that most of your attachment is the act itself. It's a learned routine that your brain associates with relief. And you can replace that anytime you wish.....it just takes 21 (or 28?) days.

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Ceedoobie's #1 Fan
Site Supporter ☠️
When I started on the pain killers I was still in Florida and my doctor was giving me 80 to 100 mgs of percocet a day. My Michigan doctor was alarmed by that. I was really naive on these drugs.

And to be fair when I got home (or back to Walids condo) from the hospital I actually didnt take any pain meds and I went to go to sleep and woke up in the excruciating pain I've ever been in. I was told to stay on top of that because it's much harder to get you OUT of that kind of pain than it is to just head it off. Fair enough. It was bad. It literally felt like a gunshot to the side and I'm not weak or dramatic.

And then one of my best friends suddenly died of a heart attack right as him and I were talking about how I needed to leave Florida and go home. He was gonna fly down, and drive back up with me and we were gonna be roommates again. And then he just died. I took it extremely hard. And I was super stressed with that break up.

So I noticed taking an extra pill gave me a ton of happy energy. That's how it started. It took all my anxiety and grief away.

You know it's really humbling realizing how much of "us" is actual brain chemistry. We DO have our spirit or soul....but that's not our emotions or moods. And when you really enter into that understanding that most of what we experince in our inner selves is mostly chemical....its actually pretty liberating and easier to cope.

There are so many natural and healthier things we can do to impact our brain chemistry. A lot of what we watch and listen to and consume can effect us much more deeply than we are consciously aware of.

It can be very tedious to seize each thought and break it down and unpack it but it's a very worthy endeavor and you'll end up with an excellent self awareness. I really had no idea what a stranger I was to myself until I started really analyzing my thoughts and feelings. I'm not talking about over thinking shit. I'm talking about breaking down our thoughts and having painful honesty with ourselves.

You dont need weed to relieve the burden of living in this world at all. We are all perfectly equipped with that. The modern world is so stressful with all the constant info and messaging fucking with our brains nonstop.....get back to being a kid in the 80s and sitting on the pavement as night starts falling and the smell of the air and the earth. It was so simple back then. That's all we really want and yearn for. As fucking CHEESY as that sounds if you can get your mind back to that place you really can get through wanting to reach for the weed to settle down.

It's not even JUST the effects of the weed.....a lot of this is the process. Youve taught yourself to reach for it. You have a routine and your brain associates it with relief and peace. It takes 21 days to teach yourself another mechanism.

Have something healthy that you enjoy that you have to look forward too after the day is done or a task is finished. Or even to start the day. I'm very much a creature of habit and....no one who truly knows me would have ever guessed if become that. Lol. Think like a specail coffee or some sort of treat.

We kinda are like dogs in a way and we can create our own reward systems if we are mindful enough to do so.

Keep that in mind that most of your attachment is the act itself. It's a learned routine that your brain associates with relief. And you can replace that anytime you wish.....it just takes 21 (or 28?) days.

Sorry to hear about your friend. Reminded me of a good friend of mine, when I came back from the US, he was here in my city and we were going to meet, but then he had to go back to his city, he was taking care of his family's farm, dude was really happy. He called me from the road, saying something had come up, but he would back here in 4 weeks. Two weeks later, he had an accident and died. The worst part is that he was with a farmhand in the car and he told the rescue to free the guy first from the wreckage because he wasn't feeling so bad and could wait. But his leg had a deep cut and he was bleeding a lot but didn't see it, because all the blood was pooling inside the door panel. He passed out and they couldn't save him because all the blood loss.

Yeah, I know what you're saying about opioids. The feeling is unmatched, it's so peaceful and there's absolutely nothing than can bother you when you're high on it, I remember that well. But the hangover the next day told a different story. And that was codeine, I can imagine how the pure stuff is a lot more addictive.

LOL I'm craving weed like crazy right now and the fact that I grow own and have the really good stuff makes it even harder. I don't want throw it all in the garbage, but I think I'll have to do it or it's gonna be a lot harder knowing it's there.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Sorry to hear about your friend. Reminded me of a good friend of mine, when I came back from the US, he was here in my city and we were going to meet, but then he had to go back to his city, he was taking care of his family's farm, dude was really happy. He called me from the road, saying something had come up, but he would back here in 4 weeks. Two weeks later, he had an accident and died. The worst part is that he was with a farmhand in the car and he told the rescue to free the guy first from the wreckage because he wasn't feeling so bad and could wait. But his leg had a deep cut and he was bleeding a lot but didn't see it, because all the blood was pooling inside the door panel. He passed out and they couldn't save him because all the blood loss.

Yeah, I know what you're saying about opioids. The feeling is unmatched, it's so peaceful and there's absolutely nothing than can bother you when you're high on it, I remember that well. But the hangover the next day told a different story. And that was codeine, I can imagine how the pure stuff is a lot more addictive.

LOL I'm craving weed like crazy right now and the fact that I grow own and have the really good stuff makes it even harder. I don't want throw it all in the garbage, but I think I'll have to do it or it's gonna be a lot harder knowing it's there.

Well......if you never come down...you never have the hang over.

Yanno? Lol.

Yeah you gotta figure out a new habit that's healthier and start retraining your brain.

OP
OP
Alticus

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
I eat way more red meat than experts recommend. I am trying to choose chicken or no meat at all these days, It's difficult though. I could eat red meat everyday, easily.
I like red meat and all of that too. I've been eating less of it because of the damn price. There's no shortage of beef cattle in the world, so there's only one reason for the high prices and that's greed. Personally, I don't know how vegetarians do it. I can't resist the taste of a nice juicy burger.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I like red meat and all of that too. I've been eating less of it because of the damn price. There's no shortage of beef cattle in the world, so there's only one reason for the high prices and that's greed. Personally, I don't know how vegetarians do it. I can't resist the taste of a nice juicy burger.

You can cuts that are a little cheaper and sous vide them. It's an initial investment in a sous vide system, but it works great. It makes those cuts a lot more tender.

The meat cooks at a constant temp that you set, and then when it's done, you can sear the meat in a skillet to get the char on it.

I recommend it.

OP
OP
Alticus

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
You can cuts that are a little cheaper and sous vide them. It's an initial investment in a sous vide system, but it works great. It makes those cuts a lot more tender.

The meat cooks at a constant temp that you set, and then when it's done, you can sear the meat in a skillet to get the char on it.

I recommend it.
Maybe they'd be good done in a pressure cooker too?