This dumbass is now being charged by park authorities

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Why is she being charged?

All this shows is some woman filming bears.
There are rules about approaching wild animals in parks. Hello?

No shit. But usually that just results in a fine or being booted out and banned from coming.

I'm asking why shes being CHARGED. The last I knew park rules are not laws enforced by the state.....but rules enforced by the park. Even if it's a state park.

What are they CHARGING her with?

Admin.

The Flying Fickle Finger Of Fate.
Site Supporter ☠️

No shit. But usually that just results in a fine or being booted out and banned from coming.

I'm asking why shes being CHARGED. The last I knew park rules are not laws enforced by the state.....but rules enforced by the park. Even if it's a state park.

How does one get fined, without being charged?????????????????????

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Are you serious?

So you dont understand the difference being charged with a crime and simply getting a fine? Like a civil infraction vs a criminal charge?

Okay do you guys know what shes being charged for? What is the LAW(not rule....law) that they are charging her for breaking?

I'm not arguing it. Shes a fucking moron. What she did was not just stupid but irresponsible and this not only puts people in danger but puts the animals in danger. I'm just asking what her charges are.

I agree with the park fining her and kicking her out and giving her the option to come back after 90 days and only if she takes safety/education courses regarding parks and the animals.

Criminal charges though are a bit much for this. These dipshits only put themselves in danger. Hopefully that bear taught her not to be a dumbass. That's probably why it ran at her. The bears were probably talking about how stupid that woman is and decided to spook her for fun. I would have too if I was a bear.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️

Are you serious?

So you dont understand the difference being charged with a crime and simply getting a fine? Like a civil infraction vs a criminal charge?

Okay do you guys know what shes being charged for? What is the LAW(not rule....law) that they are charging her for breaking?

I'm not arguing it. Shes a fucking moron. What she did was not just stupid but irresponsible and this not only puts people in danger but puts the animals in danger. I'm just asking what her charges are.

I agree with the park fining her and kicking her out and giving her the option to come back after 90 days and only if she takes safety/education courses regarding parks and the animals.

Criminal charges though are a bit much for this. These dipshits only put themselves in danger. Hopefully that bear taught her not to be a dumbass. That's probably why it ran at her. The bears were probably talking about how stupid that woman is and decided to spook her for fun. I would have too if I was a bear.
I suppose you have some examples of Grizzly's playfully pranking unwitting park visitors?

Is this the type of playfulness you're thinking of?

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Are you serious?

I suppose you have some examples of Grizzly's playfully pranking unwitting park visitors?

......what?

You really have no clue what I'm saying at all, do you?

Never mind I'll go look up the answer for myself. Clearly you guys dont even know.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Okay this is her charges

"The Billings Gazette, which first reported the charges, also reported the woman was charged with violating closures and use limits. Yellowstone officials have not returned McClatchy News’ request for confirmation on those charges."

And

"The woman from Illinois was charged in U.S. District Court on Tuesday with feeding, touching, teasing, frightening or intentionally disturbing wildlife, according to court documents."

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

So it wasnt that she had just gotten out, it's a law you cannot get close to the animals and she went inside areas the public isnt allowed. I didnt know it was against the law.....I just thought it was park rules. Like at the Zoo... its not illegal to go inside enclosures but it will get you booted out and fined by the park.

For anyone else wondering....of course. You cant get these people to stop trying to be shitty long enough to get any answers out of them for anything they post. Admin cant even understand what's being said.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️
Okay this is her charges

"The Billings Gazette, which first reported the charges, also reported the woman was charged with violating closures and use limits. Yellowstone officials have not returned McClatchy News’ request for confirmation on those charges."

And

"The woman from Illinois was charged in U.S. District Court on Tuesday with feeding, touching, teasing, frightening or intentionally disturbing wildlife, according to court documents."

So it wasnt that she had just gotten out, it's a law you cannot get close to the animals and she went inside areas the public isnt allowed. I didnt know it was against the law.....I just thought it was park rules. Like at the Zoo... its not illegal to go inside enclosures but it will get you booted out and fined by the park.

For anyone else wondering....of course. You cant get these people to stop trying to be shitty long enough to get any answers out of them for anything they post. Admin cant even understand what's being said.
Say what?

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Are you serious?

In grizzly country a lot of people put a bell on their bike or backpack to make sure they never surprise a bear and make it angry. The smart ones keep bear mace or a gun just in case.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️

Are you serious?

In grizzly country a lot of people put a bell on their bike or backpack to make sure they never surprise a bear and make it angry. The smart ones keep bear mace or a gun just in case.

And they don't try to pet the apex predators.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
To be fair it doesn't seem like the lady was trying to pet them. What she did do was get way to fucking close because she wanted a picture. When you enter Yellowstone they hand you visitor information which includes rules about how far you need to stay away from the animals. My guess is she didn't bother to read it.

Hell, a few years back I was in Yosemite National Park and they have rules about not storing food in your car (not even stuff like tooth paste which might smell like food to a hungry bear). A couple didn't listen so after a black bear totally fucked up their car they got a $5000 ticket on top of it. They had like a Honda Accord and a black bear tried to pry the trunk open bending metal and breaking a bunch of plastic; when that didn't work the bear broke a window, climbed in the car, and ripped its way through the back seat to get to the food in the trunk.

That was just a black bear so imagine what a grizzly could do.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
This first bear even knew how to pull on a door handle in order to open a car door.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️
To be fair it doesn't seem like the lady was trying to pet them. What she did do was get way to fucking close because she wanted a picture. When you enter Yellowstone they hand you visitor information which includes rules about how far you need to stay away from the animals. My guess is she didn't bother to read it.

Hell, a few years back I was in Yosemite National Park and they have rules about not storing food in your car (not even stuff like tooth paste which might smell like food to a hungry bear). A couple didn't listen so after a black bear totally fucked up their car they got a $5000 ticket on top of it. They had like a Honda Accord and a black bear tried to pry the trunk open bending metal and breaking a bunch of plastic; when that didn't work the bear broke a window, climbed in the car, and ripped its way through the back seat to get to the food in the trunk.

That was just a black bear so imagine what a grizzly could do.
I haven't been to Yellowstone in decades, on a family camping safari...and the Rangers were hypervigilant about the animals even then.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Are you serious?

Bears are not the apex predators.....we are. Humans are the apex predators of the planet.

There is nothing on this planet that we cannot hunt and kill.

Not trying to start a petty argument....I'm just pointing it out. A lot of people dont see us as we are lol. Bear, lions, crocs and such are always listed as apex predators but by definition its false because human prey upon these animals. Which makes us the apex....or apex of apex predators.

I believe that gives us a responsibility with animals and wildlife.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

I think people who get all personal with bears and handle them like some of those people are soooooo stupid.

A bear could kill you very quickly if it tweaked out. Or it maul you horribly. They are wild animals and unpredictable.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Okay this is her charges

And

Say what?

How on earth are you confused? I asked what she was being charged with. When charges are being pressed that means there is a law they broke. So there are specific charges for that. If she had just broke park rules that isnt the same as breaking the law. UNLESS that park rule was also a law. That's what I was asking. What her charges were.

Why is that a hard question?

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Notice how the bear has no intention of hurting her.

it was a mock charge of a wild bear being a wild bear, she did nothing wrong and was on the right side of the wall
no one did anything wrong

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️

Are you serious?

Bears are not the apex predators.....we are. Humans are the apex predators of the planet.

Not trying to start a petty argument....I'm just pointing it out. A lot of people dont see us as we are lol. Bear, lions, crocs and such are always listed as apex predators but by definition its false because human prey upon these animals. Which makes us the apex....or apex of apex predators.

Exactly, maybe you are catching on, to why the Park does not want tourists thinking they are in a petting Zoo.

No matter how you want to spin the definition of predators, a grizzly bear can fuck you up in the blink of an eye, they run faster than us, and climb trees better than us, and they are strong af.

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

it was a mock charge of a wild bear being a wild bear, she did nothing wrong and was on the right side of the wall

She got too close and may be charged by the park service.

they r making an example of her because the vid went viral - ppl see that, get bold, bear attacks and then they gotta shoot a bear....same old story

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️

She got too close and may be charged by the park service.

they r making an example of her because the vid went viral - ppl see that, get bold, bear attacks and then they gotta shoot a bear....same old story

They tend to make an "example" of every moron that sticks it's head into the lions mouth. (that was an allegorical example, for the thick minded)

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Are you serious?

Exactly, maybe you are catching on, to why the Park does not want tourists thinking they are in a petting Zoo.

No matter how you want to spin the definition of predators, a grizzly bear can fuck you up in the blink of an eye, they run faster than us, and climb trees better than us, and they are strong af.

You literally have no idea what I'm saying. All I asked was about the charges. You are adding all this other shit in that doesnt exist because you are a hostile, shitty person that has to find a fight in everything.

1. I never suggested that people should be able to just run around parks. I made it very clear that its dumb and irresponsible. I know it's against the parks rules.....what I didnt know is that there are laws about it. Hence my question about her charges.

The only one spinning anything here is YOU.

2. I'm not spinning anything. Humans ARE the apex predators. Yes, a bear can fuck you up hard. However.....we have an extreme advantage over them. We can hunt them and kill them easily. What we lack in physical ability compared to them we more than make up in intelligence and ability. We can capture them and heal them, breed them or abuse them or eat them. We can keep them captive.

The definition of apex predators is being at the top of food chain and not being the prey of anything. However.....we DO prey on bear. I come from a family of hunters. We have eaten bear.

Because we are the apex predators (being animals ourselves) we have a special responsibility to nature and wild life. We are also the most dangerous beings on the planet.

And I have no clue why I just wasted my time because you have your fucked up bitter ideas you are thrusting on me and my posts anyways.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

I think people who get all personal with bears and handle them like some of those people are soooooo stupid.

A bear could kill you very quickly if it tweaked out. Or it maul you horribly. They are wild animals and unpredictable.

black bear attacks r worse than brown bears - playing dead or climbing trees wont save u

I watched this show a long time ago about a guy who was attacked by a grizzly and the attack went on for like 12 hours.

It keep walking away and coming back to maul him a bit.

He described how it scalped him and he could feel it LICKING HIS SKULL.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Are you serious?

So that guy goes deeper into the forest to get away from the bear, and then we hear gunshots. So, is he riding into a hunting area? Shit. I wouldn't ride a bike around there. Doesn't seem wise.