This is me giving back to the community

Master

Won't post at a forum CDunce has a panel at
Site Supporter
Startup cost on a food truck is about 100k

do they get medical/dental/vision benefits, life insurance and 401k?
My estimates are more along the lines of 70 to 85K.

No. A 250.00 a day wage is far above average so they can get their own coverage

30k for legal/inspection/permit and $65k+ for a used truck is my calculation
30K is way high for Florida

are you going to pimp the food truck?

the Kogi taco truck out here was a project of a few UCLA business students and the cost of the truck was over $100k… it has now expanded to a couple trucks and a restaurant location… I was following them on Twitter when it started and was just the first truck.

Hit the clubs and make a name for yourself… that’s my suggestion. Everyone wants to eat after dancing all night.
Define "pimp"

I plan to oversee it and dictate the operations and recipes but I really don't plan on being in it hour after hour. It's an investment.

My philosophy is that the profit sharing aspect and high wages will encourage hard work and dedication on the part of the people I hire. Depending on how well it does I'll probably open another and then another until I get to the point where I open a stationary spot.

Yes, I've already mapped out the clubs and examined the competition who make similar items. Right now they're charging something like 18.00 for an 8oz burger that is pretty medicore ie standard 80/20 ground meat that you can pick up at any Walmart. Whereas I'll be charging about 12.00 for a burger with a custom blend of high quality beef and tallow that I grind myself before adding my secret seasoning

I also make a margarita pizza that would give the iconic Lucalis in brooklyn a run for it's money. I make the sauce from scratch with 6 Italian cheeses including fresh burrata, fresh basil topped with extra virgin olive oil

did I mention that I'm an amazing cook?

Which reminds me, there was some dude I was following in LA who straps a portable wood fired oven to the back of his truck and actually cooks pizzas in parking lots. Ever seen him?

My brother wants to open up a bar that just serves great cheese steaks, burgers, and other grill and fry fare from our time spent all over the US and especially the East Coast.

He wants to do it in a highly rural but semi built up region covered in snow for 6 months of the year though....

I like his passion but don't think area people would pay what a good cheese steak is worth in ingredients.... even if he can get the bread close to what's needed (he's been baking full on for a decade and thinks he's got it now)...

I wish him well.

He's a persistent motherfucker and if anyone can set their mind to achieving a goal, it's him.

He'll make a killing on drinks at any rate. Everyone is a lush there. Lulz

Good luck yourself too
Don’t know what the Australian pallet is but I’d build a bar first then slowly incorporate American food at a snail pace after I had an established base of patrons, but that’s just me.

Cheese steaks are a regional thing. The east has restaurants that just serve them while here they wouldn’t sell over an Italian beef and die on menus. I’m not taking a cheese steak dropped in a pot of cheese wiz over a beef with hot peppers, where as some dunce from a favela like Philly would choose the later.

He has his mind right with liquor tho. That’s where the moneys at considering distributors are likely to cut crazy deals for business since the pandemic took a chokehold on the industry. If I was starting a bar I’d have nothing but regional micro brews and have the manufactured piss water in bottles in a lonely cooler. You know, actually giving back to the community. Male bartenders and nothing but fresh cheeks cocktailing and shot gurrling.

There’s money to be made there, no doubt.

OP
OP
Biggie Smiles

Biggie Smiles

I make libturds berry angry. I do!!!
Site Supporter

the Kogi taco truck out here was a project of a few UCLA business students and the cost of the truck was over $100k… it has now expanded to a couple trucks and a restaurant location… I was following them on Twitter when it started and was just the first truck.

Hit the clubs and make a name for yourself… that’s my suggestion. Everyone wants to eat after dancing all night.
Define "pimp"

I plan to oversee it and dictate the operations and recipes but I really don't plan on being in it hour after hour. It's an investment.

My philosophy is that the profit sharing aspect and high wages will encourage hard work and dedication on the part of the people I hire. Depending on how well it does I'll probably open another and then another until I get to the point where I open a stationary spot.

Yes, I've already mapped out the clubs and examined the competition who make similar items. Right now they're charging something like 18.00 for an 8oz burger that is pretty medicore ie standard 80/20 ground meat that you can pick up at any Walmart. Whereas I'll be charging about 12.00 for a burger with a custom blend of high quality beef and tallow that I grind myself before adding my secret seasoning

I also make a margarita pizza that would give the iconic Lucalis in brooklyn a run for it's money. I make the sauce from scratch with 6 Italian cheeses including fresh burrata, fresh basil topped with extra virgin olive oil

Which reminds me, there was some dude I was following in LA who straps a portable wood fired oven to the back of his truck and actually cooks pizzas in parking lots. Ever seen him?

My brother wants to open up a bar that just serves great cheese steaks, burgers, and other grill and fry fare from our time spent all over the US and especially the East Coast.

He wants to do it in a highly rural but semi built up region covered in snow for 6 months of the year though....

I like his passion but don't think area people would pay what a good cheese steak is worth in ingredients.... even if he can get the bread close to what's needed (he's been baking full on for a decade and thinks he's got it now)...

I wish him well.

He's a persistent motherfucker and if anyone can set their mind to achieving a goal, it's him.

Good luck yourself too
yeah, a good cheese steak has to be pricey as a prime ribeye alone will be some bucks (unless you're planning on throwing in 2oz of beef per sub) and quality bread and cheeses don't come cheap either -- (I know it's a Philly tradition but I wouldn't be caught dead putting cheese wiz on a cheese steak -- Provolone or go home and I do mine with a hint of Gorgonzola with some fresh cilantro on top.

There's a guy down the road from me doing big bank with philly cheese steaks and he's using some shit meat (eye of round) and masking it with tons of butter - which - coincidentally he fucking burns cause his grill has gotta be going at least 450 degrees and he doesn't even tenderize or slice his steak extra thin. The meat feels like he put some dress shoes through a meat slicer. Fer fucks sake at least pound that meat down or maybe soak it in freshly pureed pineapple for an hour before you throw it on the grill.

Baffles my mind how these people stay in business

Did I mention that I make the best cuban sandwich you ever had?

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter

Define "pimp"

I wish him well.

Good luck yourself too
Don’t know what the Australian pallet is but I’d build a bar first then slowly incorporate American food at a snail pace after I had an established base of patrons, but that’s just me.

Cheese steaks are a regional thing. The east has restaurants that just serve them while here they wouldn’t sell over an Italian beef and die on menus. I’m not taking a cheese steak dropped in a pot of cheese wiz over a beef with hot peppers, where as some dunce from a favela like Philly would choose the later.

He has his mind right with liquor tho. That’s where the moneys at considering distributors are likely to cut crazy deals for business since the pandemic took a chokehold on the industry. If I was starting a bar I’d have nothing but regional micro brews and have the manufactured piss water in bottles in a lonely cooler. You know, actually giving back to the community. Male bartenders and nothing but fresh cheeks cocktailing and shot gurrling.

Thanks for your input but you may not have understood.... I didn't say where except to say the region was covered in snow for 5-6 months of the year.

I am fully familiar with cheese steaks and other grilled sandwiches because we grew up getting them.

Thanks but no thanks....

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter

Define "pimp"

I wish him well.

Good luck yourself too
yeah, a good cheese steak has to be pricey as a prime ribeye alone will be some bucks (unless you're planning on throwing in 2oz of beef per sub) and quality bread and cheeses don't come cheap either -- (I know it's a Philly tradition but I wouldn't be caught dead putting cheese wiz on a cheese steak -- Provolone or go home and I do mine with a hint of Gorgonzola with some fresh cilantro on top.

There's a guy down the road from me doing big bank with philly cheese steaks and he's using some shit meat (eye of round) and masking it with tons of butter - which - coincidentally he fucking burns cause his grill has gotta be going at least 450 degrees and he doesn't even tenderize or slice his steak extra thin. The meat feels like he put some dress shoes through a meat slicer. Fer fucks sake at least pound that meat down or maybe soak it in freshly pureed pineapple for an hour before you throw it on the grill.

I've never ever had a Cuban... (sandwich that is)....

It's on my bucket list.

Master

Site Supporter

Define "pimp"

I wish him well.

Good luck yourself too

Thanks for your input but you may not have understood.... I didn't say where except to say the region was covered in snow for 5-6 months of the year.

I am fully familiar with cheese steaks and other grilled sandwiches because we grew up getting them.

Thanks but no thanks....
Fair enough.

The jist was bars are a better idea then a food truck.

OP
OP
Biggie Smiles

Biggie Smiles

Site Supporter

Define "pimp"

I wish him well.

Good luck yourself too

It's on my bucket list.
Oh man you haven't lived until you've had a good Cuban Sandwhich

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter

Define "pimp"

I wish him well.

Good luck yourself too

It's on my bucket list.
Oh man you haven't lived until you've had a good Cuban Sandwhich

If they're anything like Cuban pink tacos, I'll enjoy them....

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Ceedoobie's #1 Fan
Site Supporter ☠️
lol you hadda throe in the sqwuirell huh LOL

The squirrel knows.... even if it's tree might get burnt down.
stop it man, yer scaring him ///

Squirrels are brave in the face of uncertainty...

Like the one I knocked out of tree when I was five and tried to scoop up as a pet.

I ran around the yard screaming with it still attached to my finger before my grandmother's dog grabbed a hold of it.... lulz...
I've witnessed a similar event, but it was a wild rabbit. My cousin should've listened to his mom when she yelled "wild rabbits have a fierce bite!"

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
lol you hadda throe in the sqwuirell huh LOL

The squirrel knows.... even if it's tree might get burnt down.
stop it man, yer scaring him ///

Squirrels are brave in the face of uncertainty...

Like the one I knocked out of tree when I was five and tried to scoop up as a pet.

I ran around the yard screaming with it still attached to my finger before my grandmother's dog grabbed a hold of it.... lulz...
I've witnessed a similar event, but it was a wild rabbit. My cousin should've listened to his mom when she yelled "wild rabbits have a fierce bite!"

The squirrel's front teeth went through my finger and were caught up. He wanted off that ride but couldn't release.

Glad my grandma's dog killed it and she bagged it for the hospital or I would have had to get rabies shots in the belly....

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Do you have any experience running a restaurant or food truck?

Master

Site Supporter
It’s obvious he doesn’t because if he did, he wouldn’t open one.

The time to open up a food truck was during the pandemic then dumping it when restrictions dropped.

Realistically he could buy a food truck for 10k then put 50k into it getting it up to current standards then around 20k for all the licenses. That’s 80k already in the hole without even selling one item. Throw in this absurd pay scale he concocted and he will never turn a profit when he would need at least two workers making 25 bucks an hour. He would have a hard time just paying off his labor let alone food costs, gas, propane, etc. Throw in setting up at a club at bar time, you gotta cut a deal with that club to be on their property and they will want a flat amount up front along with a piece of the sales, or at a factory unless you park your boat on a public street and somebody calls the cops and they make you move. It’s a pipe dream.

Im two months away from grand opening a pop culture/ gaming arena. The lease is paid off for three years so that gives me ample time to invest in advert and promotion while actually knowing what I’m doing. This guy has no clue but hey, if you don’t try you already failed.

OP
OP
Biggie Smiles

Biggie Smiles

Site Supporter
lulz -- someone's an ""80/20"" sauteed mix of mad and jealous :LOL3:

OP
OP
Biggie Smiles

Biggie Smiles

Site Supporter
I think the guy who cant read, write or drive missed the part where I said that this was more of an effort to give back to the community than to turn a profit.

I already make big bank and this is more of a hobby

he's also too stupid to realize that when talking about "80/20" I was talking about the competition

sheesh -- the chicago public school system, I swear

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️

I have experience in this area… I helped my parents open a deli 12 years ago that is still in business in Manhattan beach.

the biggest issue he will face is food quality and consistency… that’s where you keep and lose customers and that will make or break

Pretty sure most will fail before 2 years unless the owner is a dedicated workhorse

OP
OP
Biggie Smiles

Biggie Smiles

Site Supporter

I have experience in this area… I helped my parents open a deli 12 years ago that is still in business in Manhattan beach.

the biggest issue he will face is food quality abs consistency… that’s where you keep and lose customers and that will make or break

Pretty sure most will fail before 2 years unless the owner is a dedicated workhorse
I have no intention of trading in a cushy work from home gig for a 12 hour work day in a food truck

this is just a side project for me

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
@Biggie Smiles ~ this is a good move for you. I’m getting nothing but good vibes.

Perhaps you can capitalize on a 3 minute wait time for your line?

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️

the biggest issue he will face is food quality abs consistency… that’s where you keep and lose customers and that will make or break

I have no intention of trading in a cushy work from home gig for a 12 hour work day in a food truck

then I suggest get one of your boys involved and teach him how to cook just like you

OP
OP
Biggie Smiles

Biggie Smiles

Site Supporter

then I suggest get one of your boys involved and teach him how to cook just like you
that's what this is mostly about.

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️

that's what this is mostly about.

I had a hunch… good luck

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

the biggest issue he will face is food quality and consistency… that’s where you keep and lose customers and that will make or break

That is what I have heard as well.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Then you need to get a dedicated partner who has experience running food trucks from top to bottom.you would put up the cash and he would write the business plan and do all the work as if he was the owner for a 50% share of ownership.

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️

Then you need to get a dedicated partner who has experience running food trucks from top to bottom.you would put up the cash and he would write the business plan and do all the work as if he was the owner for a 50% share of ownership.

for 100k startup? I wouldn’t want the headache, just sayin

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I would suggest and extremely simple menu of limited items. Hot dogs slightly fancied up with five or six options such as basin wrapped hotdogs or what not. Sell drinks and prepackaged chips in a high traffic are. Keep it as simple as possible then work long hours to try to make it up in volume. If you van sell 200 meals with a profit of $5 total per meal per day you just might make it but it will be tough. Your son who runs the place will have to get up early to buy the needed food items, clean the rig completely each day, then make sure he is at his location no later than 10am but even then he might be out of the best parking options.

It is a fight just to get the best public parking spots. You won't be able to sell alcohol in most states from a mobile truck so it is going to be a real grind.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
I still have some of the Italian mothers PTA cookbooks written each year for our catholic school fund-raisers in Jersey...

Them bitches were brutal with each other's stuff....

OP
OP
Biggie Smiles

Biggie Smiles

Site Supporter
I would suggest and extremely simple menu of limited items. Hot dogs slightly fancied up with five or six options such as basin wrapped hotdogs or what not. Sell drinks and prepackaged chips in a high traffic are. Keep it as simple as possible then work long hours to try to make it up in volume. If you van sell 200 meals with a profit of $5 total per meal per day you just might make it but it will be tough. Your son who runs the place will have to get up early to buy the needed food items, clean the rig completely each day, then make sure he is at his location no later than 10am but even then he might be out of the best parking options.

It is a fight just to get the best public parking spots. You won't be able to sell alcohol in most states from a mobile truck so it is going to be a real grind.
Things are a lot easier here in Florida. Trust me