This Is Our New YT Channel

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
I asked BF if he wants me to make a fresh YT channel and he thought it was a good idea so I did. As you all know I'm no Bill Gates at the keyboard so it's a basic setup. As you will see I already uploaded one video (which is fucking hilarious imo) to start things off. If anyone has videos they want me to upload to the channel please send me them and I will do so. Obviously we want to have videos that best represent this site, but as we all know YT has stringent posting rules so it may not be so easy to do this. If anyone here has any advice for me to help make this channel more attractive please let me know.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

cw_

> you
Site Supporter ☠️
yeah, just thought it belonged in this thread for fellow archivists - related link

cw_

> you
Site Supporter ☠️
so, who will make a vid? not me (you hope!), i'm an extremely busy person

OP
OP
Alticus

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
so, who will make a vid? not me (you hope!), i'm an extremely busy person
I made a basic one today and posted it earlier. It's just a cleaner version of another similar one. It's a loop. Any video made by you or anyone else is appreciated as long as you can tolerate Youtube's rules. They run a pretty tight ship there. The picture quality is much better if you go to YT or click on the gear icon to up the quality.

cw_

> you
Site Supporter ☠️
I've seen youtube before...but thanks for the tip.
heh, so your idea is to slap bastardfactory.net on any video? i like it, it's like the BF appreciation thread only with moar sound. ;)

OP
OP
Alticus

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
I've seen youtube before...but thanks for the tip.
heh, so your idea is to slap bastardfactory.net on any video? i like it, it's like the BF appreciation thread only with moar sound. ;)
I didn't mean to imply that you didn't see YT before. Should've chosen my words better. BF wanted me to plaster the site's url all over the place so I did.

Admin.

I aim to be smugly pedantic, or vice verse.
Site Supporter ☠️
How easy is it to make a video to post here, but not make it traceable back to one personally? (Asking for a friend, obviously)

cw_

> you
Site Supporter ☠️
extremely easy, use any nic to create an account, fail to link it in any way to THEREALYOU. (i'll still know, but i promise to let you slide.)

cw_

> you
Site Supporter ☠️
Both Gunderscore47 and I don't give a flying fuck about potentially getting free pizza. ;)

We are invincible.

Garraty_47

Mutants Rule!
Site Supporter
How about Rumble for edgier stuff? Will be setting up account in a day or 2.

Ive got a little vid planned of an impersonation of Breakdown, so will I be allowed to upload it or send it to alticus.
@Garraty_47
@Bastard Factory

The BF YouTube channel is an Alticus thing... I gave him a vid I made about this forum but he uploaded it to that channel.

If I recall correctly I uploaded it to my own web site and he snagged it from there? If you don't have a web space where you could do something like that you could upload it to Rumble and Alty could snag it from there, or I could and pass it to him the same way I did my vid.

I have a program called '4K Video Downloader' that grabs vids (or audio from vids) off Rumble, YouTube, etc.

Garraty_47

Mutants Rule!
Site Supporter
I'm all for that but please keep in mind how stringent YT's content rules are.

That's mostly for nudity, gore, and copyright issues and most especially if the clip/channel is monetized.

You can sling profanity and that kind of stuff though, otherwise they would have pulled my content already.

Not that I constantly drop F-Bombs or anything but there are some in there.

Cookie Monster

One of the cool Kids.
Site Supporter ☠️
The BF YouTube channel is an Alticus thing... I gave him a vid I made about this forum but he uploaded it to that channel.

If I recall correctly I uploaded it to my own web site and he snagged it from there? If you don't have a web space where you could do something like that you could upload it to Rumble and Alty could snag it from there, or I could and pass it to him the same way I did my vid.

I have a program called '4K Video Downloader' that grabs vids (or audio from vids) off Rumble, YouTube, etc.
As I alluded to in the e-mail i just sent you i am pretty new to all this, like what the fuck does this button do so press it and see sort of new. No doubt It'll get better in time but I'm turbo-newbie at this.

OP
OP
Alticus

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
That's mostly for nudity, gore, and copyright issues and most especially if the clip/channel is monetized.

You can sling profanity and that kind of stuff though, otherwise they would have pulled my content already.

Not that I constantly drop F-Bombs or anything but there are some in there.
I tried to upload that Hope Dies Here doc in the private room and it was taken down in ultra speed, like 5-6 minutes. lol
It was about human trafficking and sadly, children.

Garraty_47

Mutants Rule!
Site Supporter
I tried to upload that Hope Dies Here doc in the private room and it was taken down in ultra speed, like 5-6 minutes. lol
It was about human trafficking and sadly, children.

That may have been a copyright issue, I'm guessing.
That's always a risk when re-uploading something that isn't an original piece of content.

'Fair Use' requires some criteria to be met (like in reaction videos, etc.) before it can pass muster.