This Is Our New YT Channel

OP
OP
Alticus

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
That may have been a copyright issue, I'm guessing.
That's always a risk when re-uploading something that isn't an original piece of content.

'Fair Use' requires some criteria to be met (like in reaction videos, etc.) before it can pass muster.
Well when I upload videos, during the process YT analyzes code in an effort to detect copyright. Many of the videos I was going to post were rejected because of this.

OP
OP
Alticus

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
What was bizarre about it was that the video passed the copyright test.

Garraty_47

Mutants Rule!
Site Supporter
Well when I upload videos, during the process YT analyzes code in an effort to detect copyright. Many of the videos I was going to post were rejected because of this.

That's the universe telling you to get a damn camera/microphone and make your own vids.

Original content won't have those (specific) problems unless you're using unlicensed background music or something.

But at least that way the only thing you have to worry about is having them yank your vids because your face is deemed "graphic disturbing content" or the like.

lulz

OP
OP
Alticus

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
That's the universe telling you to get a damn camera/microphone and make your own vids.

Original content won't have those (specific) problems unless you're using unlicensed background music or something.

But at least that way the only thing you have to worry about is having them yank your vids because your face is deemed "graphic disturbing content" or the like.

lulz
I still think that YT could lighten up a little.

Garraty_47

Mutants Rule!
Site Supporter
What was bizarre about it was that the video passed the copyright test.

Different algorithms sniff out different violations.
The uploader algos are probably only looking for the typical violations like unlicensed music, big entertainment studio IP, etc.

I've never worked at one of these platforms so I'm only making guesses but from what I've seen and read that appears to be how they fundamentally operate.

OP
OP
Alticus

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
Different algorithms sniff out different violations.
The uploader algos are probably only looking for the typical violations like unlicensed music, big entertainment studio IP, etc.

I've never worked at one of these platforms so I'm only making guesses but from what I've seen and read that appears to be how they fundamentally operate.
What pisses me off is that I tried to upload a Garth Brooks video one time and it was rejected on copyright claims. I can go to YT now and see tons of Garth's music uploaded by folks other than him and they're allowed to stay up. I tried to beat the copyright by flipping videos, editing and everything and it didn't work. What are these others doing that I'm not?

Garraty_47

Mutants Rule!
Site Supporter
What pisses me off is that I tried to upload a Garth Brooks video one time and it was rejected on copyright claims. I can go to YT now and see tons of Garth's music uploaded by folks other than him and they're allowed to stay up. I tried to beat the copyright by flipping videos, editing and everything and it didn't work. What are these others doing that I'm not?

I've never tried to upload a music video but I think it has to do with *how* it's uploaded, as in giving full credit to the artist/creator in the Information section and maybe even there's a particular mechanism for uploading them that's not exactly like the standard upload procedure?

You should be able to find lots of tutorials right there on YouTube that go over how to upload music vids without getting them struck.

OP
OP
Alticus

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
I've never tried to upload a music video but I think it has to do with *how* it's uploaded, as in giving full credit to the artist/creator in the Information section and maybe even there's a particular mechanism for uploading them that's not exactly like the standard upload procedure?

You should be able to find lots of tutorials right there on YouTube that go over how to upload music vids without getting them struck.
Thanks G