Welcome Aliens: Friendship is universal

Swamp-Duck

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I had to turn the video off around 30 secs when that annoying Chink woman came on with her "Wakka wakka chinn sawww yin yam yaaawwww".

As for the mirage, surely it's just a reflection or something?
They said it was a reflection, but I read no one could match it to any city on earth.

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I had to turn the video off around 30 secs when that annoying Chink woman came on with her "Wakka wakka chinn sawww yin yam yaaawwww".

As for the mirage, surely it's just a reflection or something?

That noise…. Sounds like a Shitzu barking

Master Pu

I'll Funk You Up!
That's all valid until you realize that it's based entirely on what *we* know of how the universe works.

We've barely begun to get a handle on the principles of quantum mechanics and it's already proved that the universe is far, far stranger than we could have imagined a few decades ago. Probability matrices collapsing simply by being observed, non-locality, quantum entanglement... and who can predict what we'll "know" a few decades from now? On the Kardashev scale, which goes from Type One up to Type Five civilizations, we're still at Type Zero. Technologically we're just clever apes pant-hooting at each other and flinging our own shit all over the place.

We don't even understand a lot about our own fucking planet for crying out loud.

Pretending we know what might or might not be possible for another species from another part of the galaxy/universe is sheer hubris and a further bit of proof that our understanding is still woefully inadequate to be making such evaluations.
Things can be very different and yet be the same no matter the place. Life is organic. Gravity rules all.
I tend to take the proven approach rather than conjecture what is and what will probably be fiction.

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Ceedoobie's #1 Fan
Site Supporter ☠️
Alpha Centauri is a triple star system in the southern constellation of Centaurus. It consists of 3 stars: Rigil Kentaurus, Toliman and Proxima Centauri. Proxima Centauri is also the closest star to the Sun at 4.2465 light-years.
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

At present technology it would take a ship between 12-18,000 yrs to reach the nearest star. The probability of accelerating a large mass which contains biological units several times the speed of light is near zero. Passing through a worm hole would probably be catastrophic. Not to mention pure fantasy.

It is statistically almost impossible for there to NOT be other life just in our own galaxy. Luckily, most other forms of life are at a comfortable distance very, very far away.

Consider, just getting a few peeps to Pluto would take ten years.

No such thing as cosmic visitors, folks.

Jest sayin'
But you're thinking using out limited technologies and bodies as baseline.

And besides, they're not coming from far away, they've been here for a long time now, the good and bad ones.

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Ceedoobie's #1 Fan
Site Supporter ☠️
That's all valid until you realize that it's based entirely on what *we* know of how the universe works.

We've barely begun to get a handle on the principles of quantum mechanics and it's already proved that the universe is far, far stranger than we could have imagined a few decades ago. Probability matrices collapsing simply by being observed, non-locality, quantum entanglement... and who can predict what we'll "know" a few decades from now? On the Kardashev scale, which goes from Type One up to Type Five civilizations, we're still at Type Zero. Technologically we're just clever apes pant-hooting at each other and flinging our own shit all over the place.

We don't even understand a lot about our own fucking planet for crying out loud.

Pretending we know what might or might not be possible for another species from another part of the galaxy/universe is sheer hubris and a further bit of proof that our understanding is still woefully inadequate to be making such evaluations.
Science has proven all of that

Like particles that behave differently when they're been observed or measured.

Fly a clock on a plane and it goes faster than clocks on the surface on the planet

Particle entanglement

Scientists at CERN have noticed that the way that everything works looks more and more like computer code being executed, coming from a source they can't find so far.

The laws of physics are NOT the same everywhere in the universe.

Garraty_47

Mutants Rule!
Site Supporter
Science has proven all of that

Like particles that behave differently when they're been observed or measured.

Fly a clock on a plane and it goes faster than clocks on the surface on the planet

Particle entanglement

Scientists at CERN have noticed that the way that everything works looks more and more like computer code being executed, coming from a source they can't find so far.

The laws of physics are NOT the same everywhere in the universe.

The smaller things get the weirder they get but going in the other direction, a universe as seen from *outside* it, is so weird we can't even imagine such things yet. As always the only thing we really know is that we don't know much.

Master Pu

I'll Funk You Up!
But you're thinking using out limited technologies and bodies as baseline.

And besides, they're not coming from far away, they've been here for a long time now, the good and bad ones.
Dude, the closer you get to the speed of light your mass becomes a problem, not to mention time, or our concept of it, relative only to our planet btw. Then you have the possibility or probability that space bends, and those 4 light years to the nearest star could be six or seven in all actuality. Of course, there are other objects, some large, floating through space that need to be avoided, not to mention radiation, etc. So on and so on..
The physics that govern us probably govern everywhere else. Maybe there are some different elements, but really the universe is made up of the same things.
Unless you have some concrete data saying otherwise, I wouldn't worry about aliens. You can dream of The Jetsons or Star Wars, but in my humble view it's just a dream.

Master Pu

I'll Funk You Up!
Also, our 'limited' technology could very well be the most advanced in the universe. Contemplate that-

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Ceedoobie's #1 Fan
Site Supporter ☠️
Dude, the closer you get to the speed of light your mass becomes a problem, not to mention time, or our concept of it, relative only to our planet btw. Then you have the possibility or probability that space bends, and those 4 light years to the nearest star could be six or seven in all actuality. Of course, there are other objects, some large, floating through space that need to be avoided, not to mention radiation, etc. So on and so on..
The physics that govern us probably govern everywhere else. Maybe there are some different elements, but really the universe is made up of the same things.
Unless you have some concrete data saying otherwise, I wouldn't worry about aliens. You can dream of The Jetsons or Star Wars, but in my humble view it's just a dream.

Once again, that's all the 3D limitations

I still prefer that we're living in a reality that's adapted to our spiritual state of evolution and that things cane be very different.

Of course, I can't prove, but I have to say that my personal experience, especially in the last ew months, have been taught me to keep a very open mind and expect the unexpected.

Right now, matter is king and our minds are in the background, but that's about to change, I'm sure of that.

Garraty_47

Mutants Rule!
Site Supporter
Also, our 'limited' technology could very well be the most advanced in the universe. Contemplate that-

There's no reason at all to think that.
Plenty of stars exist that have been around longer than ours, some of which no doubt have planets that could have produced sentience millions or even billions of years before we came along.

Even with the hindrances of superstitious interference, militarism, and profit motive look how far we've advanced just in the last century alone. Civilizations that have been around longer (in some cases much longer) than ours logically should have commensurate technological advancements, especially if they never had to deal with things like a 'dark ages' or bureaucratic secrecy or market manipulations via knowledge suppression.

Where we fall on the spectrum of technological prowess is unknown and, for now, unknowable. But thinking we are at the pinnacle or even anywhere close to it is illogical.

Reactions: cw_

cw_

> you
Site Supporter ☠️
The universes are made of smilies.

nhgME29.gif

Master Pu

I'll Funk You Up!
There's no reason at all to think that.
Plenty of stars exist that have been around longer than ours, some of which no doubt have planets that could have produced sentience millions or even billions of years before we came along.

Even with the hindrances of superstitious interference, militarism, and profit motive look how far we've advanced just in the last century alone. Civilizations that have been around longer (in some cases much longer) than ours logically should have commensurate technological advancements, especially if they never had to deal with things like a 'dark ages' or bureaucratic secrecy or market manipulations via knowledge suppression.

Where we fall on the spectrum of technological prowess is unknown and, for now, unknowable. But thinking we are at the pinnacle or even anywhere close to it is illogical.
Where's the logic in what you state? You can't solve the physics of breaking light speed with mass, let alone biological mass, because it can't be done. An exploding star sends out shit at near light speed, not several times light speed. Light speed travel can't be achieved. Sorry for your pain, brah

Garraty_47

Mutants Rule!
Site Supporter
Where's the logic in what you state? You can't solve the physics of breaking light speed with mass, let alone biological mass, because it can't be done. An exploding star sends out shit at near light speed, not several times light speed. Light speed travel can't be achieved. Sorry for your pain, brah

I've already answered that question.
Just because we don't know how to do something *yet* doesn't mean we never will, or that others haven't already figured it out... possibly a very long time ago.

All I'm saying is making declarative statements about things we actually know very little about is silly.

Master Pu

I'll Funk You Up!
I've already answered that question.
Just because we don't know how to do something *yet* doesn't mean we never will, or that others haven't already figured it out... possibly a very long time ago.

All I'm saying is making declarative statements about things we actually know very little about is silly.
You know very little you mean. I can make declarative statements all I want. Know when a person can beat the light speed barrier? Going into a black hole.
Problem is we can't beat the physics of getting to a black hole, because mass can't achieve light speed.
Apologies in advance for your delusion otherwise.

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Ceedoobie's #1 Fan
Site Supporter ☠️
You know very little you mean. I can make declarative statements all I want. Know when a person can beat the light speed barrier? Going into a black hole.
Problem is we can't beat the physics of getting to a black hole, because mass can't achieve light speed.
You're sounding like the 19th century scholars who used to swear that things like planes could never be built because the pressure flight created would kill everyone inside the craft. Or those who claimed that transistors in the nanometers scale would never work because the electrons would jump the semiconductor structure.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter

Traditionally minded physics are a rapidly evolving sector. So are Quantum physics..

If we don't know what we've yet to find out and quantify...at least for a spell either partly or fully, we are all going to know very little... but our kids, theirs, or their kids will have a better understanding one day, assuming the powers that be aren't allowed to continue their mass global cull...taking with it fruitful minds which might somewhat solve our age's questions to an extent but make newer and even more fantastic ones down our lineages.

Master Pu

I'll Funk You Up!
You're sounding like the 19th century scholars who used to swear that things like planes could never be built because the pressure flight created would kill everyone inside the craft. Or those who claimed that transistors in the nanometers scale would never work because the electrons would jump the semiconductor structure.
Big difference between aircraft flight, the sound barrier, and getting even close to light speed in space. Hawking claimed a small probe with sails powered by a Lazer could get close to light speed and reach the closest star to our system in 20 years theoretically. Of course, he's dead. Einstein doubted highly light speed travel would ever be possible. All of this is based on the math btw. Hawking also suggested worm holes were very minute. Incredibly small. Not large Star Trek holes. More like little tiny holes that could very well be opening and closing all around us in nanoseconds.
As far as how I sound, I would say I sound like someone who at least understands some of the physics, if not the math, which governs our universe instead of someone who sounds like they don't. I have no problem with the way I sound. I also have no problem with dreamers.
Believe what you will-

Master Pu

I'll Funk You Up!
Traditionally minded physics are a rapidly evolving sector. So are Quantum physics..

If we don't know what we've yet to find out and quantify...at least for a spell either partly or fully, we are all going to know very little... but our kids, theirs, or their kids will have a better understanding one day, assuming the powers that be aren't allowed to continue their mass global cull...taking with it fruitful minds which might somewhat solve our age's questions to an extent but make newer and even more fantastic ones down our lineages.
Please post some of this rapidly evolving physics so I may read it. Anytime is fine. I am always open to new ideas based on science. Not so much on conjecture. Thx.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
Please post some of this rapidly evolving physics so I may read it. Anytime is fine. I am always open to new ideas based on science. Not so much on conjecture. Thx.

If I is extra good and be helping you, can I sleep in the big white house t'nite massa?