What Are You Eating Or Drinking Right Now?

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I don’t drink tea. Maybe I haven’t discovered the right kind?

Admin.

Have you no shame?
Site Supporter ☠️
Few people know that before he was famous, the late Johnny Cash tried a chip full of salsa served backstage in Possumneck, Mississippi that changed his life. It was spicy and tangy and smoky and so good that he just couldn't get it off of his mind. Unfortunately, there was no jar, no label.

Now, there have been rumors that Johnny had kind of an addictive personality. He would sometimes disappear for days on end. People attributed it to drugs or alcohol. The truth is that he would roam the country searching for the special hot sauce of his dreams. He heard rumors and whispers of the deadly condiment and followed them to countless dead ends. He stopped at every Tex Mex restaurant, truck stop, and Mexican grocery in the South without finding what he sought.

One day he heard tell of an old woman, a witch down in the Mayan peninsula in Mexico whom it was said, made the best salsa in the world! He cancelled his next five gigs and headed south. He rode donkeys, Jeeps and horse drawn wagons. He traversed deserts, mountains and jungles before finally reaching the fabled village where the old bruja lived.

He found and entered the old woman's hut. As luck would have it, she was one of his first big fans, having caught one of his shows at that Holiday Inn in Possumneck, Mississippi while attending a Salsa Aficionado convention where one of her jars of salsa mysteriously disappeared and somehow made its way to a bowl backstage. She consented to sharing her secret recipe with him only after he agreed to write a song for her.

She shared the special Tomatillos grown in Mayan soil. She gave him the seeds from a rare Mexican pepper and showed him the special pan with a rounded bottom, similar to those used in the Far East that she would use to simmer "la lima" or "lime," the source of the salsa's tanginess. He asked her if he could just use his regular flat-bottomed pan but she insisted that he must use the round-bottomed pan.

From this came the inspiration for the lyrics: "Because you're Mayan, I'll wok the lime!"

realgrimm

ፕልክፏቹክፕ ነየርጎልረጎነፕ
Global Moderator
These are pretty yummy, 16 cookies a box though so it's a bit of a price gouge but the ingredients taste quality...

5bb6d7ff-a54a-4d20-8d91-726eece705cd.6919f8d3a0907cd4eed57307ad1c3b15.jpeg

cw_

> you
Site Supporter ☠️
Quesadilla, salsa, sour cream. Last of the kumquats. STELLA!

Scooter

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I've noticed more gas stations have places to eat now. It's kinda weird.
Convenience stores have always been a thing around here. I guess they evolved into gas stations and super convenience stores. We have Rutter's, Sheetz, Royal Farms and Wawa is more east of here but slowly moving in.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Convenience stores have always been a thing around here. I guess they evolved into gas stations and super convenience stores. We have Rutter's, Sheetz, Royal Farms and Wawa is more east of here but slowly moving in.

Royal Farms has great chicken.

I think they might use the equipment from this company:
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

cw_

> you
Site Supporter ☠️
Poached eggs over Dave's bread. Pork sausage with maple syrup. OJ.

Scooter

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Royal Farms has great chicken.
People used to rave about their chicken and it was good but it's not hard to find good chicken around here. I'll try to remember to check prices tomorrow morning. My buddy and I are going to work together and we always stop at Royal Farms for coffee because it's on the way. Their chicken is ridiculously expensive. It's almost double the price of what my store/s have to offer and same chicken and same or better quality.

If I want chicken, I walk up to the independently owned grocery store up the street from me. Very good and meaty broasted chicken and prices comparable to the chain grocery stores. I don't know how they do it and keep their prices competitive. Sometimes I'll get an 8-piece but I usually bother them for a couple or three thighs. Also, they have awesome store-made deli salads. Their bakery section is always tempting, even though I don't eat sweets. I'll pick up something here and there because I can't resist.

That's what I might do for dinner tomorrow.

cw_

> you
Site Supporter ☠️
Meatloaf sandwich. Avocado slices. Baked potato chips. Iced green tea.

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
A nice Vodka w/tonic. I think I’ll have another. Flying back to SF in the morning. Lots to do