What books are you reading?

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
That's a good one.

Currently I'm not reading anything.....but I was looking for a way to get the critical race theory books so I can read them. I dont want to give money to the authors or else I'd just order them.

OP
OP
Oerdin

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
De Angelo is a good place to start. You will see CRT in all its intended racism.

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
I‘m reading a few books at the moment. Two Aussie authors: Mathew Reilly and Robert G Barrett. Their books are riveting . Also Adolf Hitler…Mein Kampt. The latter has taken me over three years to read just an 1/8 of his deranged drivel. I usually read a book within three days…go figure!

2425399._UY475_SS475_.jpg

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
Europe has been quite inventive when it come to shooting one’s own foot. What’s the scope on this new story?
Buy the book and read it.
I can download it within seconds. Europe is on the top end of my world and mostly irrelevant to me since I don’t conduct business there. I was merely asking for a synopsis . I read every day. Shine up!

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Busy traveling and returning to a garden that needs attention. Suggest one.

Blurt

Bastard of the Century
Site Supporter ☠️

Daniel Suarez, eh?

Maybe he meant his book to be titled No Mead? It's possible.

So what is this, Ceedub? Is it science fiction?

Right now I'm halfway through Absolution Gap, book three in Alastair Reynolds' Revelation Space tetralogy.

Blurt

Bastard of the Century
Site Supporter ☠️
Nerdtastic is good.

Last techno-thrillers I read were Dan Wilson's Robopocalypse and its sequel Robogenesis. I guess they were more apocalyptic AI science fiction novels rather than techno-thrillers, really. Maybe Michael Crichton's Prey was the last true techno-thriller I read. Still sort of a dystopian nanotech apocalypse, I guess.

Spielberg has dibs on filming Wilson's tales of robots run amok. We'll see how that plays out.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
My boyfriend wrote a novel. He has been writing it for like 7 years and finished and now he is editing it.

So I'm reading it

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I‘m reading a few books at the moment. Two Aussie authors: Mathew Reilly and Robert G Barrett. Their books are riveting . Also Adolf Hitler…Mein Kampt. The latter has taken me over three years to read just an 1/8 of his deranged drivel. I usually read a book within three days…go figure!

2425399._UY475_SS475_.jpg

When I did History at North Lake Senior Campus in the 90s, I tried reading Mein Kampf and ditched it right at the beginning. I thought, this is terrible....lol. Maybe the story will pick up.

All of those Austrians had the same dirt poor lives. Extreme discipline, work ethic high unmatchable standards. If you ever read Arnold Schwarzeneggar's book his father's life was exactly the same as Kurt's father's life.

Blurt

Bastard of the Century
Site Supporter ☠️
About to finish Absolution Gap, the final volume in Alastair Reynolds’s original Revelation Space trilogy. Good, mind-bending New Space Opera.

My brother is recommending I tackle David Mitchell’s Cloud Atlas. Bro just finished reading Mitchell’s entire bibliography and says every one of the author’s novels are worth diving into. I may just do that next.

Gabbo

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
No one reads the phone book anymore. It used to be very popular but the young kids are not into it.