What's for Dinner Tonight?

Alley

260623321-2061423580679163-6984839425702475891-n.jpg

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Tonight I had meatloaf, mashed potatoes, gravy, mixed vegetables, a garden salad, and coffee cake for dessert.

At a "community meal" at a church. They feed people who are in need.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
There have been great strides made in the last 20 years in the frozen pizza segment.

It used to be bad.

Now some of that stuff is really good.

Scooter

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I grew up with cheap fundraiser frozen pizzas and I've been corrupted ever since.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
Some lamb needing to be barbecued.... probably on a roll with salad and cheese....

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
A Caesar salad and beef and sausage lasagna at a friend's house. Some kind of muffins for dessert, but I was too full.

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Ceedoobie's #1 Fan
Site Supporter ☠️
Chilli Mussels…

images
I envy people who live close to the shore SO FUCKING MUCH

Honestly, seafood is great.
I love fish and in summer will eat it 4 to 7 days a week.

Saltwater fish here is not that expensive, it's shrimp, lobsters, crabs and oysters that are

What happens is that many Brazilians don't like shellfish in general, so the fisheries prefer to sell them at the shore, for hotels and resorts. I live 7 hours from the shore, so if they bring something and don't sell, they lose money.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I just go fishing myself to catch lobster, dig clams, and catch fish. The shrimp and prawns are usually deeper and harder to get to especially since drag nets are outlawed in this state. Crabs can occasionally be caught but they tend to be either Mexican swimmer crab (similar to blue crab but slightly smaller) or yellow Rock crab (again not that large).

There are lots of oysters but I avoid due to water quality issues. Also wild ones aren't well cupped.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Gonna enjoy a potluck dinner with the camping group tomorrow.

I think we are going to bring a sweet potato casserole.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
My wife's work catered late lunch/early dinner for all workers. BBQ ribs, grilled sausages, smoked brisket, baked beans, garlic bread, and a giant salad with a ton of turkey, cheese, bacon, and hard boiled egg on it. There was tons of left overs so she brought home plenty for the rest of us.