What's for Dinner Tonight?

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I love chips and especially peas with a sprig of mint cooked in with them buttered & salted of course :YaY:

my grands were fresh off the boat from across the pond

Speaking of your grands. For our bday next month, Lily Jr suggested we go have an afternoon tea. There's a place we used to go to when she was a little girl and I'd take her for a tea party. One time she had her birthday party at this place with several little girls and their moms. It was so fun. We're going by ourselves, just some girl time to celebrate our shared birthday.

Dinner tonight is Beef Asparagus with steamed rice.

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
Speaking of your grands. For our bday next month, Lily Jr suggested we go have an afternoon tea. There's a place we used to go to when she was a little girl and I'd take her for a tea party. One time she had her birthday party at this place with several little girls and their moms. It was so fun. We're going by ourselves, just some girl time to celebrate our shared birthday.

Dinner tonight is Beef Asparagus with steamed rice.

I miss tea with my Nan…

I also miss spilling the tea with her lol

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I miss tea with my Nan…

I also miss spilling the tea with her lol

I bet you do. A sizeable amount of Brits made it to Chile for mining and influenced Chilean culture with tea. My kids had tea (Chileans call it "once") with my mother-in-law any time they were there after school. Once in a while we have tea with pastries, sandwiches, and so forth. They miss having tea with their grandparents too.

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Went to a small Tico Restaurant way out in the campo. They had 8 tables and the most rudimentary kitchen I’ve ever seen. Wood fired oven, grill and flat top. The place was kind of smoky. They did have a refrigerator because the beer was nice and cold. I had prawns with garlic and butter, rice beans, salad with hearts of palm. My date had real fresh dorado. A very nice experience for half the price of the tourist restaurants.

Cookie Monster

One of the cool Kids.
Site Supporter ☠️
Went to a small Tico Restaurant way out in the campo. They had 8 tables and the most rudimentary kitchen I’ve ever seen. Wood fired oven, grill and flat top. The place was kind of smoky. They did have a refrigerator because the beer was nice and cold. I had prawns with garlic and butter, rice beans, salad with hearts of palm. My date had real fresh dorado. A very nice experience for half the price of the tourist restaurants.
Hearts of palm= swamp cabbage?

Chicken and Bacon in creamy sauce with pasta and /garlic bread.

Cookie Monster

One of the cool Kids.
Site Supporter ☠️
Chicken Vindaloo tonight, will add potato and somme left over veg to it and have with a naan bread and mango chutney.

Food of the gods!!!!!!

realgrimm

ፕልክፏቹክፕ ነየርጎልረጎነፕ
Global Moderator
More honey garlic sausages

MERXSML_o.jpg

this time I'll have em with perogies and corn

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
My wife is making a feta/spinach stuffed meatloaf for dinner tonight.

I will probably try it with Frank's Red Hot sauce and see how that works.

realgrimm

ፕልክፏቹክፕ ነየርጎልረጎነፕ
Global Moderator
My wife is making a feta/spinach stuffed meatloaf for dinner tonight.

I will probably try it with Frank's Red Hot sauce and see how that works.
My mom used to stuff her meatloaf with mashed potato .. I can't remember the last time I had meatloaf.

Fuck now I'm gotta have to work on that..

realgrimm

ፕልክፏቹክፕ ነየርጎልረጎነፕ
Global Moderator
  • LOL
Reactions: X