Why can’t Republican Kevin McCarthy get votes needed to become Speaker of the House?

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Probably people who were at least young adults during the Cold War.

Lol I have a screen shot of some of these left wing TRAs freaking out a few months ago and one was saying he (trans identified male) had "met up" with some people who had escaped the holocaust who were "getting their papers togther" so they could leave America and go back to Germany and Poland.

So these psychos are either blatant liars or they are in nursing homes harrassing random 95+ year olds because that about how old someone would be today if they escaped the holocaust. As infants.

They really do lay the drama on lol.

Biggie Smiles

I make libturds berry angry. I do!!!
Site Supporter
It would appear that admong can now discontinue the process of fisting himself furiously into continued anal prolapse as a speaker was elected

There were a few holdouts who demonstrated enormous conviction and spinal cord fortitude which is something a sissy little fairy such as admin will never relate to as he is a cowardly yellow bellied jellyfish who only has belief in what he is permitted to have belief in; but that is how democracy works and at least such individuals can rest easy knowing they held strong to what they believed in. Let us see how history remembers them as the outcome is yet to be seen

I'm proud of the entire process

Biggie Smiles

Site Supporter
What will be the next torch admin will take and shove up his ass to get his jollies now that McCarthy is speaker ?

Garraty_47

Mutants Rule!
Site Supporter
Now that the voting is over I'm loathe to watch even a minute of mainstream news... will someone kindly provide me with a quick list of the concessions won by the holdouts before Kevin actually managed to secure the speakership?

Biggie Smiles

Site Supporter
Now that the voting is over I'm loathe to watch even a minute of mainstream news... will someone kindly provide me with a quick list of the concessions won by the holdouts before Kevin actually managed to secure the speakership?
Now correct me if I'm wrong here, but had all the democrat shrieking day after day about operational delays in our government being caused by a democratic process playing itself out been authentic; they could have, at any time, allowed 10 or 20 of their own toy soldiers to march to a slightly different tune by withholding their votes for the token box checker they propped up?

Admin.

I aim to be smugly pedantic, or vice verse.
Site Supporter ☠️

Took these dumb fucks a week to do what should have been done before the morning coffee break on 1/3. Welcome to the Conservative Clown Congress.

Garraty_47

Mutants Rule!
Site Supporter
Now correct me if I'm wrong here, but had all the democrat shrieking day after day about operational delays in our government being caused by a democratic process playing itself out been authentic; they could have, at any time, allowed 10 or 20 of their own toy soldiers to march to a slightly different tune by withholding their votes for the token box checker they propped up?

Absolutely.
The democrats had something like 212 votes, I think.
Any one of the republicans with at least 6 votes could have been speaker if the democrats got behind him or her.

That would have been ruinous to the narrative that democrats and republicans are oppositional parties, though. It's very important that they each have the other to blame for not doing things. Maintaining the illusion of OurTeam/TheirTeam is pivotal to, the very cornerstone of, the ongoing scam that is 'Murican electoral politics.

In asking for the concessions list I mainly want to get a general idea of how much the democrats *might* have accomplished in 2018 & 2020 if they weren't all such spineless performative shitbags.

Biggie Smiles

Site Supporter
Absolutely.
The democrats had something like 212 votes, I think.
Any one of the republicans with at least 6 votes could have been speaker if the democrats got behind him or her.

That would have been ruinous to the narrative that democrats and republicans are oppositional parties, though. It's very important that they each have the other to blame for not doing things. Maintaining the illusion of OurTeam/TheirTeam is pivotal, the very cornerstone, to the ongoing scam that is 'Murican electoral politics.

In asking for the concessions list I mainly want to get a general idea of how much the democrats *might* have accomplished in 2018 & 2020 if they weren't all such spineless performative shitbags.
Sometimes it is such a burden isn't it friend? Being so much more intelligent than cretinous filth like admajor twins of tedium who cannot sort these simple facts out in their own dry & cojoined sponge brains?

I am in almost complete agreement with you here.

Only difference is I believe republicans (those of the freedom caucus) are slightly better than the alternative treasonous filth that is the democratic party.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️
Oh my god

Jump

Welcome to the jungle, we've got fun and games
We got everything you want honey, we know the names
We are the people that can find whatever you may need
If you got the money, honey, we got your disease

I don't think we will be hearing the House Republicans singing kumbaya together.

fSWAe2f.gif

OP
OP
Joe

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
This whole Kevin McCarthy debacle demonstrated that the Republicans are no better than the Democrats and shattered the illusion that 'conservative' is synonymous with restrained, cautious, logical & prudent judgement.

Hell the radical wings of the Republican party are worse than those in the Democratic party. But whereas the progressives eventually compromise, the former will actually destroy their own party to get what they want.

This does not set a good precedent in 2024 & it could look more like 1964 - the year the Republicans lost in a landslide due to deep party divisions.

Garraty_47

Mutants Rule!
Site Supporter
This whole Kevin McCarthy debacle demonstrated that the Republicans are no better than the Democrats and shattered the illusion that 'conservative' is synonymous with restrained, cautious, logical & prudent judgement.

Hell the radical wings of the Republican party are worse than those in the Democratic party. But whereas the progressives eventually compromise, the former will actually destroy their own party to get what they want.

This does not set a good precedent in 2024 & it could look more like 1964 - the year the Republicans lost in a landslide due to deep party divisions.

The status quo is unbearable but you think it shouldn't be challenged because that might be... rude?

That's how we got here.
More of the same ol' same ol' won't fix a damn thing.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️
The status quo is unbearable but you think it shouldn't be challenged because that might be... rude?

That's how we got here.
What did the howler monkey's accomplish, in your esteemed estimation? Is Kiss Ass Kevin not the Gavel pounder after all the political theater antics are over?

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

That's how we got here.

It's like people want it all neat and tidy and instead of being mad at the bullies and abusers.....they get mad at the people who stand up to them.

It's like dysfunctional families that rugsweep and hide abuse and call the ones who talk about the abuse "trouble makers".

OP
OP
Joe

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
It's like people want it all neat and tidy and instead of being mad at the bullies and abusers.....they get mad at the people who stand up to them.

It's like dysfunctional families that rugsweep and hide abuse and call the ones who talk about the abuse "trouble makers".
I don't see how all this disunity is going to help the Republican party moving forward.

Somehow i see another Democrat sweep in 2024.

Not because they are better but because the Republicans are so divided. It doesn't appear theres another Ronald Reagan waiting to save them.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I don't see how all this disunity is going to help the Republican party moving forward.

Not because they are better but because the Republicans are so divided. It doesn't appear theres another Ronald Reagan waiting to save them.

In the past, young people became more conservative as they aged. It appears that with the Millennial generation that trend has been disrupted.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

I dont know what to tell you, Joe. Millions of people dont want to unify with the uniparty. I've explained this a few times and you dont want to see it.

It would make no difference whatsoever to have a "democrat sweep" if we have uniparty Republicans. It's the same party and I dont know how you cant understand that.

You act like it actually matters what label the people wear.......and the policies and bills they support are secondary. Does it matter if the person fucking the people is a Republican if they are doing the same exact thing the dem does?

Is it supposed to be different when they Republicans decide to send billions to Ukraine than when a democrat would do it?

People are sick of the status quo and the illusion that two parties exist in there when it's all theatre. I get the impression from you that disrupting that theater and business as usual makes you uncomfortable and you wish people would just shut up and continue some bullshit charade and accept getting fucked over by the ones they elected to have their backs.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
In the past, young people became more conservative as they aged. It appears that with the Millennial generation that trend has been disrupted.

Well it's a good thing you have these corporate propagandists to tell you stuff so you dont have to pause in your constant anger and hate long enough to actually talk to other people.

Even that headline is fucking ridiculous.

You guys will believe and buy into anything that shits on others. And you've taken to accusing other people of "red herrings"......all you bring is fallacies.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Well it's a good thing you have these corporate propagandists to tell you stuff so you dont have to pause in your constant anger and hate long enough to actually talk to other people.

Even that headline is fucking ridiculous.

You guys will believe and buy into anything that shits on others. And you've taken to accusing other people of "red herrings"......all you bring is fallacies.

How is it a logical fallacy? Please explain.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
How is it a logical fallacy? Please explain.

It's completely bullshit. No one is worried about "embracing" OR "condemning" Gen Z. Most of us are parents of gen z. This isnt even an issue any of us are concerned with.

What does it even mean that "Republicans are debating on how to get them back"? Gen Z needs to be "gotten back"? Where are these supposed "debates" happening?

Is this because people have noticed the politcal and sexual PLEASE ASS BOX ME! in schools and are acting on it? The claim in the article is just nonsense.

You should consider calming down, having an open mind and talking and listening to actual people instead of just getting your opinions from propagandists who are invested in fueling division and hate in the country.

Gen Z is ignorant and miserable. The most uneducated and medicated generation the country has ever seen. Most of us are worried about their health and safety. The only ones obsessed with how they vote are the ones fighting to brainwash gen Alpha. This topic is much....much deeper than you realize and you would know that if you didnt rely on corpos that hate all of us for info.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
It's completely bullshit. No one is worried about "embracing" OR "condemning" Gen Z. Most of us are parents of gen z. This isnt even an issue any of us are concerned with.

What does it even mean that "Republicans are debating on how to get them back"? Gen Z needs to be "gotten back"? Where are these supposed "debates" happening?

Is this because people have noticed the politcal and sexual PLEASE ASS BOX ME! in schools and are acting on it? The claim in the article is just nonsense.

You should consider calming down, having an open mind and talking and listening to actual people instead of just getting your opinions from propagandists who are invested in fueling division and hate in the country.

That is not a logical fallacy. Perhaps you should learn to differentiate between a logical fallacy and something you believe to be untrue (a fallacy).

You don't believe it, but somehow data has shown how Millennials and Gen Z voted left of center. Those are the facts.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️
That is not a logical fallacy. Perhaps you should learn to differentiate between a logical fallacy and something you believe to be untrue (a fallacy).

You don't believe it, but somehow data has shown how Millennials and Gen Z voted left of center. Those are the facts.

Corporate (ie Jooish) medias yadda yadda yadda!

Biggie Smiles

Site Supporter
Pig doesn't like democracy because she is too stupid to understand democracy