Why can’t Republican Kevin McCarthy get votes needed to become Speaker of the House?

Admin.

I aim to be smugly pedantic, or vice verse.
Site Supporter ☠️
LH0vns6.jpeg

Ohh that darn Matt!

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
That is not a logical fallacy. Perhaps you should learn to differentiate between a logical fallacy and something you believe to be untrue (a fallacy).

You don't believe it, but somehow data has shown how Millennials and Gen Z voted left of center. Those are the facts.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

So you just dont read anything that isnt coming from leftwing corpo media.

Yeah we KNOW Gen Z has been mentally abused and brainwashed. Unlike YOU....and people like you....we are more concerned with their stability than their votes.

We arent even speaking the same language right now. You got this whole shit in your head that isnt real. You people arent even interested in anything outside of what propaganda jams down your throats.

Gen Z is doxxing and threatening justices because they dont even know how the government works and theyve swallowed so much marxist subversive idiocy. Washed it down with psych drugs. They want bio sex eliminated.

Good fucking job. You've supported destroying the country and a whole generation. No shit they vote left. MY kids TRY to reason with their peers......so let's see how well the sane...informed and healthy ones handle it.

Until then, pray you die before Gen Z takes the wheel. We have never seen a more mentally unstable generation.

Last edited:

Biggie Smiles

I make libturds berry angry. I do!!!
Site Supporter
Dove, fatso is simply too dense to get it. You are wasting your time attempting to reason with that pig.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Dove, fatso is simply too dense to get it. You are wasting your time attempting to reason with that pig.

She isn't hearing me

Like I said we are speaking different languages. Her brain is another dimension.

Subversion is serious....no joke...and destroys countries. We get to see first hand how potent it is. Sad but America is over. It doesnt matter we a few ballsy Congress people. It's some salve on the way down is all.

Biggie Smiles

Site Supporter
She's just a retard. only slightly more intelligent than the mongs who support her drivel

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️
“It’s like if you sold your soul, but the check bounced” — Historian Jon Meacham on Kevin McCarthy

OP
OP
Joe

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
So you just dont read anything that isnt coming from leftwing corpo media.

Yeah we KNOW Gen Z has been mentally abused and brainwashed. Unlike YOU....and people like you....we are more concerned with their stability than their votes.

We arent even speaking the same language right now. You got this whole shit in your head that isnt real. You people arent even interested in anything outside of what propaganda jams down your throats.

Gen Z is doxxing and threatening justices because they dont even know how the government works and theyve swallowed so much marxist subversive idiocy. Washed it down with psych drugs. They want bio sex eliminated.

Good fucking job. You've supported destroying the country and a whole generation. No shit they vote left. MY kids TRY to reason with their peers......so let's see how well the sane...informed and healthy ones handle it.

Until then, pray you die before Gen Z takes the wheel. We have never seen a more mentally unstable generation.
So do you feel that Matt Gaetz, Lauren Boebert & the Congressmen who opposed McCarthy are just trying to save America from itself @Dove?
And that we should see them in a different light?

Biggie Smiles

Site Supporter
So do you feel that Matt Gaetz, Lauren Boebert & the Congressmen who opposed McCarthy are just trying to save America from itself @Dove?
They got some pretty significant concessions out of McCarthy; some of which are designed to stop him from becoming the next Nancy Pelosi. I'm very okay with that and the 4 days of democratic negotiation it took to get us there.

Only a true idiot would look upon the entirety of what took place and believe otherwise.

Preserving democracy -- an alien concept to leftoids who insist we focus our attention on a bunch of unarmed drooling dupes who never stood a chance at upending an election. What a farce. And it is this smoke and mirrors fanfare they build up out of this rather unfortunate day of trespassing which they will continue to use as the advantageous crisis of the century as long as there remains mouth breathing morons willing to believe several thousand barely literate, middle aged peasants & some howling clown wearing a horned headdress really came close to changing the course of history in any permanent way. All of this fictional bullshit they serve their base for breakfast, lunch and dinner as the world inches closer and closer to nuclear annihilation in an effort to fix something that was not broken in the first place.

And the idiots like Admong and Lily not only buy it and gobble it all up greedily like the spastics they are. But then dutifully turn around to do as they're told and disseminate the hyperbole as fact because at the moment these idiots remain unaffected by the consequence. Cant wait to see the immediate 180 pivot on a dime that will be performed when that paradigm starts to shift to the contrary. And as long as the elite and their propaganda machines can keep these mongs dancing to this tune they will continue to squeeze every last drop out of such pathetic performative theatrics. Until the next event they can contort to fit their narrative comes along. To distract asshats like dumb and dumber here and any complete dunce who gives any level of credence to what these these two mongs have to say - while the real enemies of the republic cart the entire shop out the back door.

Republicans are far from pristine but at least they are not fucking that.

Wake up. You live in a country that is less than a decade away from becoming the next North Korea and we here in the US are not far behind you.

Hates off to Matt Gaetz a very fine young lady by the name of Lauren boebert. History will remember you kindly, even if the misinformed jackasses around here don't.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

I think they did a great job in representing the people rather than screwing us over and going with business as usual regardless of the will of the people.

I dont understand how the side who whines about "democracy being under attack" freaks out so bad when we actually see democracy in action.

Why was this so offensive? They were legit doing what they were elected to do. The fact that caused so much stress for people just shows you how badly the government has been treating the people and how our needs have gone ignored.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
They got some pretty significant concessions out of McCarthy; some of which are designed to stop him from becoming the next Nancy Pelosi. I'm very okay with that and the 4 days of democratic negotiation it took to get us there.

Only a true idiot would look upon the entirety of what took place and believe otherwise.

Preserving democracy -- an alien concept to leftoids who insist we focus our attention on a bunch of unarmed drooling dupes who never stood a chance at upending an election. What a farce. And it is this smoke and mirrors fanfare they build up out of this rather unfortunate day of trespassing which they will continue to use as the advantageous crisis of the century as long as there remains mouth breathing morons willing to believe several thousand barely literate, middle aged peasants & some howling clown wearing a horned headdress really came close to changing the course of history in any permanent way. All of this fictional bullshit they serve their base for breakfast, lunch and dinner as the world inches closer and closer to nuclear annihilation in an effort to fix something that was not broken in the first place.

And the idiots like Admong and Lily not only buy it and gobble it all up greedily like the spastics they are. But then dutifully turn around to do as they're told and disseminate the hyperbole as fact because at the moment these idiots remain unaffected by the consequence. Cant wait to see the immediate 180 pivot on a dime that will be performed when that paradigm starts to shift to the contrary. And as long as the elite and their propaganda machines can keep these mongs dancing to this tune they will continue to squeeze every last drop out of such pathetic performative theatrics. Until the next event they can contort to fit their narrative comes along. To distract asshats like dumb and dumber here and any complete dunce who gives any level of credence to what these these two mongs have to say - while the real enemies of the republic cart the entire shop out the back door.

Republicans are far from pristine but at least they are not fucking that.

Wake up. You live in a country that is less than a decade away from becoming the next North Korea and we here in the US are not far behind you.

Hates off to Matt Gaetz a very fine young lady by the name of Lauren boebert. History will remember you kindly, even if the misinformed jackasses around here don't.
. Canada shut people out of their bank accounts because they donated to the trucker protests.

These people are so authoritarian they treat opposition to their power grabs as terrorism. That SHOULD be a wake up call.

Here our useful idiots get so giddy and excited off seeing the people they have been programmed to hate being punished for ....opposing them.

They have the full weight of all the institutions and corporate elites and they control the narratives. And they are butt ass hurt and grasping pearls because working Americans were able to use some leverage to have their interests represented.

It's clear they just want everyone to fall in line, don't cause any trouble, and give up our rights and way of life and values because.....yeah its "extreme" to push back against authoritarianis.

Biggie Smiles

Site Supporter
I think they did a great job in representing the people rather than screwing us over and going with business as usual regardless of the will of the people.

I dont understand how the side who whines about "democracy being under attack" freaks out so bad when we actually see democracy in action.

Why was this so offensive? They were legitdoing what they were elected to do. The fact that caused so much stress for people just shows you how badly the government has been treating the people and how our needs have gone ignored.
The video that @Garraty_47 posted earlier gave some very keen insights. It's leftwing but unbiased and therefore worthy of consideration. Apparently "The Squad" attempted something similar during the last congress and was immediately taken into a basement somewhere with Nancy Pelosi and Ba'al, slapped around a few times and emerged afterward pale fucking white under the firm belief they would be Epstiened if they didn't shit all over their constituents. And thus they fell in line like every other rank and file piece of shit invertebrate unwilling to oppose the monolith.

But mongo wants to snicker like the sissy school girl coward he is at 4 days worth of a fine young woman demonstrating she has more testicular fortitude and a stronger spine than he could ever hope to have if he lived ten lifetimes over.

What a sap. And it is for this reason I will never demonstrate an ounce of respect for any service he thinks he has provided this nation ie: washing shit out of drawers and peeling potatoes at the bottom of a boat while making a few extra benjemins on the side offering sneaky fellatio to sex starved sailors.

*spits - scumbag.

OP
OP
Joe

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Why was this so offensive? They were legit doing what they were elected to do. The fact that caused so much stress for people just shows you how badly the government has been treating the people and how our needs have gone ignored.
Who said I was offended @Dove?

More than anything else, I was baffled why anyone would be fighting so hard against a house speaker nominee - especially within their own party!

I've never seen this happen ever in any other democracy.

Most people just assume that the Speaker's role is to maintain order in a legislative chamber not to dethrone it.

But maybe in the US, the Speaker has a lot more power than other democratic nations?

Last edited:

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️
Who said I was offended @Dove?

More than anything else, I was baffled why anyone would be fighting so hard against a house speaker nominee - especially within their own party!

I've never seen this happen ever in any other democracy.

Most people just assume that the Speaker's role is to retain order in a legislative chamber not to dethrone it.

But maybe in the US, the Speaker has a lot more power than other democratic nations?
Republicans of today are just rage junkies

OP
OP
Joe

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
. Canada shut people out of their bank accounts because they donated to the trucker protests.

These people are so authoritarian they treat opposition to their power grabs as terrorism. That SHOULD be a wake up call.

Here our useful idiots get so giddy and excited off seeing the people they have been programmed to hate being punished for ....opposing them.

They have the full weight of all the institutions and corporate elites and they control the narratives. And they are butt ass hurt and grasping pearls because working Americans were able to use some leverage to have their interests represented.

It's clear they just want everyone to fall in line, don't cause any trouble, and give up our rights and way of life and values because.....yeah its "extreme" to push back against authoritarianis.

I'm not sure about all the particulars of the Trucker case in Canada @Dove

However, I thought Trudeau lost his cool and one mistake of his, is he didn't consider sitting down and talking to the Truckers. Just talk and listen to them. And that alone could have helped to diffuse the situation a lot. But because Trudeau didn't talk to them or have anyone in his cabinet who could relieve the tension really boiled over and the situation got out of control. I think this was in large part because he stacked his cabinet with too many ivory tower types. Even a guy who looked and talked like Joe Rogan might have calmed them down a lot. In fact maybe Trudeau should have hired him to do that.

I know in Vancouver we had a Trucker's protest without incident. They just came into the city, drove around in their big trucks, stayed a few days with their families and then went home. Nobody was hurt. Nothing got broken. Just a bunch of big men blowing off steam and that was it! This is what it looked like on the ground in my city:

Personally I didn't mind seeing them in DT Vancouver and in fact, thought it's actually healthy for a society to engage each other. Trouble with our city is it's too fucking gay and fairy-ish. We should get to know who our countrymen are, that they are not our enemies, that we shouldn't fear them. And large cities like Vancouver shouldn't be enclaves exclusively for the Left or Neo Liberals. We spend so much time protecting the rights of gay and trans ppeople here that our elites live in the bubbles and look down upon the working class who drive our trucks. Our city belongs to them too. In fact Vancouver used to be a working class loggers town and now it's become a city of the efete shobs and the rich.

And this is wrong, because these big husky guys produce much of the wealth for our country and at great sacrifice to themselves, lost time with their families. plus they perform a hazardous and somewhat dangerous job.

I dunno. I guess back East the Truckers were a lot more militant, angrier and hard to control. But on the West coast it was a mellow affair and they caused no problems here except make some noise for a day or 2. Their kids who came with them for the most part were polite and well behaved.

We actually need a shock to the system once in a while.

Last edited:

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Fuck "helping" one party or the other.
The parties *are* the fucking problem.

#TranscendTheDuopoly

One day Senile @Joe will be spouting off about "The Elite" and how they have so much control in the world.

The next day he is wondering why some people are resisting giving political power to establishment politicians who work on behalf of "The Elite".

OP
OP
Joe

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
One day Senile @Joe will be spouting off about "The Elite" and how they have so much control in the world.

The next day he is wondering why some people are resisting giving political power to establishment politicians who work on behalf of "The Elite".
Hey fudgepacker, it would appear that a good swathe of the Republican party hasnt gotten over their 2020 defeat & the Jan 6 insurrection which has divided them even more. so misplaced anger over those events has something to do with it as well. its not just about elites.

OP
OP
Joe

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
At least that is what the CBC and CTV told you, eh Gullible @Joe?
Hey fudgepacker the truckers were a lot more militant in Ontario than BC.

Here they were like lambs by comparison. I actually think a lot of them enjoyed their visit to Vancouver. They just wanted to relax and enjoy the mild winter. I never saw any violence. No property destroyed. No angry confrontation. At least they were decent peaceful working men who meant no harm. Just wanted a bit of respect for the jobs they do.

None of them blocked bridges highways nor tried to shut the government down here. A bit loud but otherwise harmless.

It was quite a bit more strident back east.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
Hey fudgepacker, it would appear that a good swathe of the Republican party hasnt gotten over their 2020 defeat & the Jan 6 insurrection which has divided them even more. so misplaced anger over those events has something to do with it as well. its not just about elites.

There was no legitimate defeat in 2020. There was only massive deepstate voter fraud.

It's the worst kept secret and as a left leaning Canadian prog boi, you really need to zip it because you sound like a know nothing establishment shill tool.

Cookie Monster

One of the cool Kids.
Site Supporter ☠️
Now that the voting is over I'm loathe to watch even a minute of mainstream news... will someone kindly provide me with a quick list of the concessions won by the holdouts before Kevin actually managed to secure the speakership?

Originally Lauren Boebert n co went to McCarthy wanting border controls, term limits and corruption investigations. Think they got the last but dont know about the others, 15 votes suggests its all a bit piecemeal.