Why can’t Republican Kevin McCarthy get votes needed to become Speaker of the House?

senior penor

Factory Bastard
G9OW41i.png
Hmmmm.........Wasn't there a big uproar and threats of lawsuits when the blue state billionaires had to pay the taxes their blue goons passed?
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
And then you had a big cryfest just a few days ago when a certain "bad orange man" used those same legal tax loopholes to lower his tax bill, because dang it! only billionaires who donate to the DNC should pay no taxes right?

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
Why is anyone ok with a billionaire not paying taxes?

They get elected and bail out their buddies and this isn’t a problem for right wingers WHY?

We were able to land on the moon the last time paying taxes in this country wasn’t a creative legal project of Houdini escapism. SMH

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Why is anyone ok with a billionaire not paying taxes?

They get elected and bail out their buddies and this isn’t a problem for right wingers WHY?

We were able to land on the moon the last time paying taxes in this country wasn’t a creative legal project of Houdini escapism. SMH

They actually think they're in the same boat with the wealthy. They have no clue. The wealthy have shifted taxation onto the middle classes from themselves. They are simpleton's that don't see it.

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
They actually think they're in the same boat with the wealthy. They have no clue. The wealthy have shifted taxation onto the middle classes from themselves. They are simpleton's that don't see it.

I’ve always said no one has any business being a Republican who isn’t filthy frickin rich.

Because otherwise you’re a sellout to your own people, which are the working class.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I’ve always said no one has any business being a Republican who isn’t filthy frickin rich.

Because otherwise you’re a sellout to your own people, which are the working class.

People that have a little money think they're rich. It makes me think "cringe"...

OP
OP
Joe

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

They've also shifted increased the retirement age for Seniors while awarding themselves lavish retirements and gold plated pensions for politicians in your country, @Lily

Geez, I'd be screaming bloody murder if I was a US citizen and demand that if they get their benefits cut back, Congressmen, Senators & Judges get theirs cut too.

Actually a politician who makes $100,000 USD or more per year shouldn't even get a pension and they should just be told that since they make such good salaries they have enough to build their own retirement savings funds.

I call that Highway Robbery and a Shit Deal for working Americans.
And it's so unfair to the American working class.

Americans should revolt.

As @Dove pointed out, the Elites and the wealthy don't want you guys to retire and remain as their work slaves right to the grave.

Americans should just tell their politicians to Fuck Off, they want a referendum on the issue and if their country can't afford their pensions, well then the country can't afford pensions for retired politicians and USSC/Federal justices either.

Last edited:

Garraty_47

Mutants Rule!
Site Supporter
Taxes don't pay for shit.
In a fiat monetary system like ours money is created out of thin air.
All the arguing about national debt and taxes is another control/wedge mechanism.

Taxes exist to:
1) Delete excess money from the system (ostensibly to control inflation)
2) Prevent the kind of run-away wealth disparities we see now under unfettered predatory capitalism

#LearnMMT

OP
OP
Joe

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
All the arguing about national debt and taxes is another control/wedge mechanism.

Taxes exist to:
2) Prevent the kind of run-away wealth disparities we see now under unfettered predatory capitalism

#LearnMMT

You should demand an end for pensions for your politicians.

How come many Americans still don't have complete access to proper affordable healthcare, and all these politicians in Congress get all these fat benefits, including the Democrats who are supposed to represent the working class in America?

Garraty_47

Mutants Rule!
Site Supporter
You should demand an end for pensions for your politicians.

How come many Americans still don't have complete access to proper affordable healthcare, and all these politicians in Congress get all these fat benefits, including the Democrats who are supposed to represent the working class in America?

Corruption. Isn't it obvious?
'Murica is an oligarchy (or plutocracy, or kleptocracy, or corporatocracy depending how you view such things). It hasn't been a democracy or even a representative republic for decades and decades, if ever.

Our "government" is a wholly owned subsidiary of Multinational Capitalists Incorporated.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard

You are not a "big picture" thinker, Murdock.

You should try to understand that other people are...

The Prowler

Factory Bastard

Taxes exist to:

#LearnMMT

The value of the dollar does affect buying power, so it is important to control inflation. I will say people focus too much on taxes and not enough on wasteful government spending.

Biggie Smiles

I make libturds berry angry. I do!!!
Site Supporter
The value of the dollar does affect buying power, so it is important to control inflation. I will say people focus too much on taxes and not enough on wasteful government spending.
The inflation we are seeing is just a different form of taxation levied on the middle and lower class but these idiots are too stupid to see that

I mean, I don't think Jeff Bezos was contemplating leaving the private jet on the tarmac due to fuel prices do you?

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Corruption. Isn't it obvious?
'Murica is an oligarchy (or plutocracy, or kleptocracy, or corporatocracy depending how you view such things). It hasn't been a democracy or even a representative republic for decades and decades, if ever.

Our "government" is a wholly owned subsidiary of Multinational Capitalists Incorporated.

Senile @Joe is the same guy who a day or two ago was declaring that Republicans should all vote together.

The choice is "this corrupt party, or that corrupt party" and he cannot figure out why some people do not just fall in line.

OP
OP
Joe

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
You must really have a problem with Canada's system then, Senile @Joe.
Well it's not great in Canada either @The Prowler, but it's not quite as severe as the US.

I don't think politicians who make over $100,000 per year while they are in office should get a pension like they do in either Canada or the USA or be able to vote themselves pensions increases.

if they couldn't make it while they were in office raking in the big bucks then tough shit when they retire. That's the way it is for everybody else, so it should be for them too.

OP
OP
Joe

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Senile @Joe is the same guy who a day or two ago was declaring that Republicans should all vote together.

The choice is "this corrupt party, or that corrupt party" and he cannot figure out why some people do not just fall in line.
But do you think these young firebrands are truly interested in social justice or creating a more equitable society @The Prowler? I think they see themselves as the future of that party or one which will succeed it, and they're positioning themselves for greater things. It's kinda like the pigs in Animal farm who declare this revolution, that everything will be better when they take over, but of course when they do, nothing changes.

I think they're just like any other power hungry politicians of either stripe.

Incidentally, the so called progressive wing of the Democratic party and their lobbyists plays those games too, seeing how much they can get for themselves.

ie - CRT just seems like a power grab for certain groups who want a bigger piece of the pie and more power.

So everyone in the US seems so power hungry regardless of their political stripe.

Last edited:

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
The inflation we are seeing is just a different form of taxation levied on the middle and lower class but these idiots are too stupid to see that

I mean, I don't think Jeff Bezos was contemplating leaving the private jet on the tarmac due to fuel prices do you?

Yeah, the lower and middle class are getting nailed badly with inflation and high interest rates. Some people are finding themselves in a hole that they might never climb out of...

Biggie Smiles

I make libturds berry angry. I do!!!
Site Supporter
Yeah, the lower and middle class are getting nailed badly with inflation and high interest rates. Some people are finding themselves in a hole that they might never climb out of...
But these idiots don't think these liberals are billionaires who avoid their taxes

I mean, how much of an idiot do you have to be to actually believe billionaires donate millions to the campaigns of politicians that are going to crack down on them

but these two idiots have never been regarded as smart on any forum they ever visited

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
But do you think these young firebrands are truly interested in social justice or creating a more equitable society @The Prowler? I think they themselves as the future of that party or one which will succeed it, and they're positioning themselves for greater things in the future. It's kinda like the pigs in Animal farm who declare this revolution, that everything will be better when they take over, but of course when they do, nothing changes.

I think they're just like any other power hungry politicians of either stripe.

I do not pretend to be able to read their minds, Senile @Joe. But falling in line with the status quo is not going to fix the corruption.

Until you see it, you are only guessing Senile @Joe.

Incidentally, the so called progressive wing of the Democratic party and their lobbyists plays those games too, seeing how much they can get for themselves.

That has already been demonstrated, Senile @Joe.

OP
OP
Joe

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I do not pretend to be able to read their minds, Senile @Joe. But falling in line with the status quo is not going to fix the corruption.

Until you see it, you are only guessing Senile @Joe.

That has already been demonstrated, Senile @Joe.

...but unlike you @fudgepacker I don't side with either Democrats or Republicans

I think if I was an American I wouldn't belong to either party but would be more inclined to register as an Independent.

You clearly have this bias in favor of the Republicans.

But I don't. I just view them both impartially as 2 American political parties and side with neither believing in their own ways they are just as bad as the other.

Admin.

I aim to be smugly pedantic, or vice verse.
Site Supporter ☠️
Seems to me their main point of the 20 was for corruption investigations, that should make you think, i hope.
Oh you mean by emasculating the OCE Office Of congressional Ethics, and undercutting the investigations of 4 house republicans, is that the corruption investigations you were referring to?

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!