Why can’t Republican Kevin McCarthy get votes needed to become Speaker of the House?

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

I like how reasonable leftists both fully understand AND support this "rebellion"(actual democracy in action)

Admin.

I aim to be smugly pedantic, or vice verse.
Site Supporter ☠️
Meanwhile the True Republicans hold vigil en masse outside the DC Jail where the J6 dirt bags are being held prior to execution.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Turns out.....there are NO courageous progs in office. Just establishment cucks. BUT chin up, guys. Instead of holding your elected officials accountable....just do as they say and hate US. Your own neighbors. We are your "enemy" right? As long as you fight and defeat your own neighbors WHO CARES what the establishment does?

You can reign them in after you get us all forcibly converted or imprisoned for opposing your politcs....eh? If only none of us existed everything would be progressive utopia.

Wait wait I forgot. You guys are not tribal at all.

..and Jimmy Dore is "teh right" now or "pandering to teh right". Silly me I forgot. People who try to understand others and are not full of hatred are clearly not REAL lefties.

Biggie Smiles

I make libturds berry angry. I do!!!
Site Supporter
I cant see what noodle neck says

But I'll just leave this here . because he's a huge faggot

you-suck-dick-5b2311.jpg

OP
OP
Joe

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Joe you always argue for the establishment and critisize the people who challange it. Maybe you dont realize you do that.
...do I? Did I miss something?

In fact @Dove, here is what I wrote earlier:

Any event whatever ails your party a good swathe simply dont like Kevin McCarthy.

For that reason i dont think he should be their house speaker. They should get someone else.

So in reality Dove, my remarks would suggest that I'm supporting you.

However, I'm in no position to judge whether McCarthy should be your house speaker or not. Therefore, I'm not making a value judgement nor do I like or dislike the guy. It's your country, your political system so I'd rather not tell or advise any American what they should do.

I've just remarked that he appears extremely unpopular among Republicans including yourself, doesn't have the support and therefore shouldn't be Speaker of the House.

I think you tend to make too many black and white value judgements or assumptions about others and are fixated on labels or what you perceive others to be.

OP
OP
Joe

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I don't know how capable McCarthy is.

He seemed to be OK.

But he's clearly a crippled candidate already before he's even gotten out of the gate.

That wouldn't set a good footprint for the Republicans moving forward.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
I cant believe it.

Even in Canada the conservatives arent that bad and theyve had some nasty party splits. But they were always able to elect a speaker.

Republican meltdown is a sad spectacle to watch because no one thinks they can govern.

^^^ Its your comments like this, Joe. Its gives a strong impression that you think it's some "sad spectacle" when it's actually pretty awesome. This is not a meltdown at all. It's the establishment whining because the people dont want the establishment cuck idiot. That's all.

There are several Republicans they could put in there and the people would be good. Never McCarthy though.

OP
OP
Joe

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
The situation in the US with this McCarthy thing sort of has parallels to a parliamentary system like we have in Canada, the UK and others.

That when the incumbent can't muster enough support to govern, then they rely upon a coalition. But if the coalition falls apart, so does the government. So if there aren't enough yays, then legislation can't be passed.

But what is incredible about the Republicans is they actually hold a majority in the US House and they are sabatoging their own governance.

so they are throwing their own mandate away.

Biggie Smiles

Site Supporter
Elected officials actually lobbying in the interests of their constituents how dare they

what a sad spectacle indeed

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
I don't know how capable McCarthy is.

He seemed to be OK.

But he's clearly a crippled candidate already before he's even gotten out of the gate.

That wouldn't set a good footprint for the Republicans moving forward.

He isnt a Republican. He votes with and for the establishment. He voted to send billions to Ukraine as well and people are furious about it.

He is proven he isnt capable of representing the will of Republican voters.

Trump is pissing people off right now as well with supporting this joker.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
The situation in the US with this McCarthy thing sort of has parallels to a parliamentary system like we have in Canada, the UK and others.

That when the incumbent can't muster enough support to govern, then they rely upon a coalition. But if the coalition falls apart, so does the government. So if there aren't enough yays, then legislation can't be passed.

But what is incredible about the Republicans is they actually hold a majority in the US House and they are sabatoging their own governance.

so they are throwing their own mandate away.

No.....they are NOT sabotaging their own governance, Joe.

McCarthy is a RINO. We may as well have a Democrat as speaker for how Republican McCarthy is.

Omg! I can't. You don't get it at all. Which is fine really.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Elected officials actually lobbying in the interests of their constituents how dare they

what a sad spectacle indeed

He doesnt get it at all. He doesn't know the difference between the peoples interests and the lobbyists and corps and establishment interests. He is seeing the label.

OP
OP
Joe

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
^^^ Its your comments like this, Joe. Its gives a strong impression that you think it's some "sad spectacle" when it's actually pretty awesome. This is not a meltdown at all. It's the establishment whining because the people dont want the establishment cuck idiot. That's all.

There are several Republicans they could put in there and the people would be good. Never McCarthy though.
I'm serious @Dove.

It's sad that when the Republicans gained a hard fought majority in the House and ran some successful races quite well by ousting the Democrats, now they can't even form a governing force in the US House of Representatives.

I've never seen anything like it.

For sure I've seen minority governments fall apart, coalitions dissolve, but a majority before it even started?!

That's incredible and I do really mean that.

the GOP was given a gift and now they're squandering it.

So in that regard, it is rather sad to watch.

Again Dove, I've no malice against you or your party, just stating what I've seen.

Even papers with no affiliation with the American political system have more or less said the same thing in the UK, Canada, New Zealand, Australia and India.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
I'm serious @Dove.

It's sad that when the Republicans gained a hard fought majority in the House and ran some successful races quite well by ousting the Democrats, now they can't even form a governing force in the US House of Representatives.

I've never seen anything like it.

For sure I've seen minority governments fall apart, coalitions dissolve, but a majority before it even started?!

That's incredible and I do really meant that.

the GOP was given a gift and now they're squandering it.

So in that regard, it is rather sad to watch.

Again Dove, I've no malice against you or your party, just stating what I've seen.

Even papers with no affiliation with the American political system have more or less said the same thing in the UK, Canada, New Zealand, Australia and India.

And I'm TRYING to help you understand what's happening here.

Okay let me ask you this.

Why would we give up that hard fought for majority by giving up the speaker chair to McCarthy?

Why the fuck would we just give that up and hand it over for McCarthy? Moreso when it was a hard fight?

OP
OP
Joe

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
And I'm TRYING to help you understand what's happening here.

Okay let me ask you this.

Why would we give up that hard fought for majority by giving up the speaker chair to McCarthy?

Why the fuck would we just give that up and hand it over for McCarthy?

That's not for me to say, Dove.

And If you read my earlier remarks, I merely stated that McCarthy shouldn't be given the House Speaker role because he does not have the support. So that would appear to support your position that he shouldn't be speaker. Right?

And whether a person likes/dislikes the guy, he doesn't have enough votes..

So it's a No Go.

You and your representatives have clearly made their voices heard so within the realm of American democracy, Republicans party supporters have made their choice.

Biggie Smiles

Site Supporter
This would all go way if only we could elect Sam Brinton to Speaker

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
That's not for me to say, Dove.

And If you read my earlier remarks, I merely stated that McCarthy shouldn't be given the House Speaker role because he does not have the support. So that would appear to support your position that he shouldn't be speaker. Right?

And whether a person likes/dislikes the guy, he doesn't have enough votes..

So it's a No Go.

You and your representatives have clearly made their voices heard so within the realm of American democracy the supporters have the Republicans party have made their choice.

I'm asking why you would think that after a hard won majority win for Republicans why this refusal to lose here is a surprise?

Why would people fight that hard to hand it over?

Stop pretending McCarthy is a republican. He isnt. He isnt wanted or trusted by Republicans. If you want to understand what's happening here you have to alter the way you are viewing our politics.

This is regular ass people who fought hard to get politcains in there to represent them now fighting the establishment to gain the speaker chair. It's not "Republicans vs Democrats". Its Republican VOTERS vs the uniparty. All of us "maga" people will make a lot more sense to you when you realize the two party system isnt REAL. It's an illusion. And people are way over it.

It's not we dont like McCarthy as a guy. It's because he doesnt represent the will of the voters and there are things we wanna see happen that he wont get behind....so he has to GO. This is what real representation looks like.

Garraty_47

Mutants Rule!
Site Supporter
The main difference between republicans and democrats is that when voters get sick and tired of the status quo and elect representatives to shake things up the republicans actually do that while democrats immediately fold after election day and become part of the borgdemocrat collective.

What the republicans are experiencing right now is exactly what frauds and phonies like AOC and "the squad" were elected to do but didn't.

Biggie Smiles

Site Supporter
There you go.

Get somebody you can all agree with let him run with the ball.

Simple as that.
And he'll make sure there are tampons in boys bathroom and legalize the theft of woman's undergarments and luggage too!

Sam Brinton. Admong wants him for universe leader!

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
The main difference between republicans and democrats is that when voters get sick and tired of the status quo and elect representatives to shake things up the republicans actually do that while democrats immediately fold after election day and become part of the borgdemocrat collective.

What the republicans are experiencing right now is exactly what frauds and phonies like AOC and "the squad" were elected to do but didn't.

Yep.

It made me sad for the leftists like you who thought you guys were getting a rep in there only for them to bend over and kiss the ring. And what's worse is so many in your party are so consumed with hate for US that they just take the bullshit.

And that sucks. Because either way nothing happens for the actual people. I know Republican voters are willing to burn down the whole GOP at this point if they dont get their shit togther and remember who their bosses are.

Biggie Smiles

Site Supporter

OOoo that's gonna cause some weeping and gnashing off teeth

I sure hope the guy takes his cock outta admin's mouth before she reads this or he's in trouble.

Toothy head is bad enough but when this sissy freak clamps down hard in angry ... shudders ...

OP
OP
Joe

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
And he'll make sure there are tampons in boys bathroom and legalize the theft of woman's undergarments and luggage too!

Sam Brinton. Admong wants him for universe leader!

image8.png

Stark Trek predicted his coming....