Why do Canadians have such bad tastes in ice cream?

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I mean orange and black licorice? Canadians call it tiger tail and it sounds terrible.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
We make everything ugly...that's why.
Americans are too concerned about appearance.
Canadians make everything for function ...and to last, not appearance.

Like wise, Goes for Canadian AutoParts too.
if you want ugly auto parts that work and last, then buy Canadian.
They're Built like a Brick shithouse like Canadian Tire:

CanadianTire_Strore-1024x576.jpg

Ugliest and consumer unfriendly plain jane store ya'd never want to spend more than 5 minutes in but its the sturdiest auto parts I've ever seen because they're made for Canadian winters and weather.

storm-stuck.JPG

Anyways, with winters like that, you don't need taste buds anyways.

And who cares what the Ice Cream looks like?

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Ceedoobie's #1 Fan
Site Supporter ☠️
And coincidentally, it's very difficult to find orange ice cream or popsicles here

Apparently, orange ice cream has to be very sweet to hide the orange's bitterness

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Ceedoobie's #1 Fan
Site Supporter ☠️
I'm guessing you dudes haven't seen the stuff they put in ice cream in Japan...

At least licorice is sweet

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Good god, I retched a few times just thinking about how those would taste. The only one I've had is green tea it's not bad.

You're right, it puts licorice back in the "normal" category.

LOL every culture tends to have some weird dishes that sound nasty, but squid ice cream sounds even worse than all those types of rotten fish they eat in nordic countries

Of course, nothing beats that maggot-ridden cheese they have in Sardinia, Spain, that still tops the list

But squid ice cream is a close second

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Ceedoobie's #1 Fan
Site Supporter ☠️
And coincidentally, it's very difficult to find orange ice cream or popsicles here

Apparently, orange ice cream has to be very sweet to hide the orange's bitterness

Maybe it's because they use the whole orange and don't peel them in processing.
I think orange tends to get bitter even if you use only the pulp. it's like lemonade from some types of lemon, a few hours and it goes bitter even in the fridge

Something to do with oxidation of the stuff in it I guess

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Good god, I retched a few times just thinking about how those would taste. The only one I've had is green tea it's not bad.

LOL every culture tends to have some weird dishes that sound nasty, but squid ice cream sounds even worse than all those types of rotten fish they eat in nordic countries

Of course, nothing beats that maggot-ridden cheese they have in Sardinia, Spain, that still tops the list

What cheese is that?

Mexican still eat offal, so there's that.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
This was ours in MI

I didnt know it was also in Cleveland ....but I grew up on this :D

We still get it.

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Ceedoobie's #1 Fan
Site Supporter ☠️

What cheese is that?

It's called Cazu Marzu, it's actually prohibited to sell it, but many people still make it for their own comsumption

I've seen it a couple times in those weird food shows and on the Internet

The basically let the cheese exposed so fruit flies will lay their eggs in them

After the larvae hatch, they eat the cheese and their poop is what gives it that "special flavor" bwahahaha

In Brazoo we have feijoada, which if made "traditionally" with the pig snout, feet, ears and tail, it's bound to turn some green. I myself will stay away from it if it has pig snout, feet and tail. I can tolerate the ears

And there's also sarapatel, which is common in the northern states. It's a sort of pig stew, but they use all the parts, including the blood.

And people in the arid areas will eat lizards and bush rats, but that's more about necessity than taste buds obviously

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
OMG, I looked up Casu Martzu...SO :Wrong:

"Because the larvae in the cheese can launch themselves for distances up to 15 centimetres (6 in) when disturbed,
diners hold their hands above the sandwich to prevent the maggots from leaping."

I have a very weak stomach, I would throw up just seeing maggots leaping out of someone else's sandwich.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

What cheese is that?

It's called Cazu Marzu, it's actually prohibited to sell it, but many people still make it for their own comsumption

After the larvae hatch, they eat the cheese and their poop is what gives it that "special flavor" bwahahaha

In Brazoo we have feijoada, which if made "traditionally" with the pig snout, feet, ears and tail, it's bound to turn some green. I myself will stay away from it if it has pig snout, feet and tail. I can tolerate the ears

And there's also sarapatel, which is common in the northern states. It's a sort of pig stew, but they use all the parts, including the blood.

And people in the arid areas will eat lizards and bush rats, but that's more about necessity than taste buds obviously

Old people here in MI used to eat this shit called head cheese....which from my understanding was basically pig brains and face.

I dont eat any pork....let alone by product.

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Ceedoobie's #1 Fan
Site Supporter ☠️
This was ours in MI

I didnt know it was also in Cleveland ....but I grew up on this :D

We still get it.

LOL beaver secretions?! UGH!

But if you think of it, candy is full of nasty ingredients. Shellac, gelatin and carmine to name a few

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
I mean orange and black licorice? Canadians call it tiger tail and it sounds terrible.

FYI,

Tim Horton's donuts have not been good for several decades now.

Tiger Tail is a tasty ice cream flavour.

Chapman's is an average quality ice cream. Same as Nestle as long as you are getting real ice cream and not "frozen dessert" or whatever they call it when it does not really have cream.

Kawartha Dairy makes outstanding ice cream. That is the one you really want if you want to hunt down some Tiger Tail.

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Ceedoobie's #1 Fan
Site Supporter ☠️
OMG, I looked up Casu Martzu...SO :Wrong:

"Because the larvae in the cheese can launch themselves for distances up to 15 centimetres (6 in) when disturbed,
diners hold their hands above the sandwich to prevent the maggots from leaping."

I have a very weak stomach, I would throw up just seeing maggots leaping out of someone else's sandwich.

Really crazy stuff

I remember another nasty one from Brazoo too

There's a method of preparing beef jerky where to use less salt, they allow the meat to hang in the open for a few days after curing it

The flies will lay their eggs and the maggots will eat the parts of the meat that haven't been properly salted and could get you sick

After they eat all the rotten stuff, they die and fall on the ground. That's when you know the jerky is good to eat

YUCK!

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Ceedoobie's #1 Fan
Site Supporter ☠️

What cheese is that?

Old people here in MI used to eat this shit called head cheese....which from my understanding was basically pig brains and face.

I think I've heard about that one before

There's also that spotted dick they eat in England, which mixes suet with custard

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
called head cheese

I live in a city that has a strong German history. Head cheese was one of the most common cold cuts I had as a kid. Just about every Saturday my mom would go to a German deli and get cold cuts, including head cheese.

It is quite good. I actually will take it and put it in a frying pan and heat it. It breaks up and turns into a sloppy mess. But take that and spread it on a slice of toast with a little mustard and it is delicious! Heating it makes it a much stronger flavour. Most people eat it cold...I am actually the only one I know who heats it.

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Ceedoobie's #1 Fan
Site Supporter ☠️

FYI,

Tim Horton's donuts have not been good for several decades now.

Tiger Tail is a tasty ice cream flavour.

Chapman's is an average quality ice cream. Same as Nestle as long as you are getting real ice cream and not "frozen dessert" or whatever they call it when it does not really have cream.

Kawartha Dairy makes outstanding ice cream. That is the one you really want if you want to hunt down some Tiger Tail.

You know the dessert I miss the most from when I was in the US?

Carvel ice cream cake

Seriously, that stuff is addictive

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
I cant cope with maggots at all.

One time after it rained, my fucking back door was CRAWLING with white, fat nasty maggots. No idea why or how. They were just....there and some were getting in the house.

I pretty much completely freaked and made my husband deal with it while I showered in super hot water(one touched my arm).

There was nothing dead out there. The garbage wasnt by the house. We never figured it out but I never used that back door again. That almost 10 years ago and I'm still not over it lol.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
called head cheese

I live in a city that has a strong German history. Head cheese was one of the most common cold cuts I had as a kid. Just about every Saturday my mom would go to a German deli and get cold cuts, including head cheese.

It is quite good. I actually will take it and put it in a frying pan and heat it. It breaks up and turns into a sloppy mess. But take that and spread it on a slice of toast with a little mustard and it is delicious! Heating it makes it a much stronger flavour. Most people eat it cold...I am actually the only one I know who heats it.

Eeeewwww so it's good?

I never could bring myself to eat it. Anything involving "meat jelly" just really grosses me out lol. I cant do spam either. Just the smell gags me lol

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

What cheese is that?

I think I've heard about that one before

There's also that spotted dick they eat in England, which mixes suet with custard

Just the fact that they call it spotted dick makes it off-putting. I'll pass on the dick with chancres...

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Ceedoobie's #1 Fan
Site Supporter ☠️
called head cheese

Eeeewwww so it's good?

I never could bring myself to eat it. Anything involving "meat jelly" just really grosses me out lol. I cant do spam either. Just the smell gags me lol
YEah, Spam is a big letdown, there's no way you prepare that stuff and it ends up tasting good

OP
OP
Oerdin

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I cant cope with maggots at all.

One time after it rained, my fucking back door was CRAWLING with white, fat nasty maggots. No idea why or how. They were just....there and some were getting in the house.

I pretty much completely freaked and made my husband deal with it while I showered in super hot water(one touched my arm).

There was nothing dead out there. The garbage wasnt by the house. We never figured it out but I never used that back door again. That almost 10 years ago and I'm still not over it lol.

You should try carrzo mazzo, also known as Sardinian maggot cheese. It is basically a well know type of Sardinian white cheese is left to air dry exposed to the elements so that flies lay their eggs in it and maggots grow in it. Supposedly, the digestive enzymes of the maggots change the texture and flavor of the cheese making it more delectable. The one problem is the live maggots object to being eaten alive and will sometimes "jump" mostly just some where else but on occasion into someone's eye.

Really, people have lost an eye due to fly maggots burrowing into their eye.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
called head cheese

Eeeewwww so it's good?

YEah, Spam is a big letdown, there's no way you prepare that stuff and it ends up tasting good

We bought some for our camping trip last summer deep in the Sierra Nevadas. We had limited access to ice. It was terrible.
I'm going to invest in one of those fancy smancy coolers for our next adventure.