Why does Santa Monica look so bad?

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
It is by the ocean but conditions do not look good. I will take La Jolla or Del Mar over it any day.

Last edited:

Holliday1881

Banned
Banned
Used to live in that stinky ol town. Fun times in a better America
..though LA was always sort of superficial, lookatmeish.
Still, good times.
. Preferred Berkeley and Oakland in those days. All quite different now no doubt.

OP
OP
Oerdin

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Was with you until you spoke about the stink area.

OP
OP
Oerdin

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Del Mar was always nice but it never got around its reputation as the place where former dictators go to retire after they absconded with the national treasury. Still better than Santa Monica judging by recent photos. Fuckers can't even manage to keep a sidewalk paved.

I grew up only a few miles from there.

Admin.

The Flying Fickle Finger Of Fate.
Site Supporter ☠️
Del Mar was always nice but it never got around its reputation as the place where former dictators go to retire after they ascended with the national treasury. Still better than Santa Monica judging by recent photos. Fuckers can't even manage to keep a sidewalk paved.
Have you looked into body building? Just buy a full length mirror and start practicing your poses.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I'm partial to the Costa Mesa area just because I had fam in the area and my dad and I would got to the beaches around there. When I'm in the area, I stop at Blackies, and have a Jack and Coke in memory of my dad.

OP
OP
Oerdin

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Chicken Charlie is the bomb. This chick is hot enough for me to give her a squart.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
It is by the ocean but conditions do not look good. I will take La Jolla or Del Mar over it any day.

He's walking in exactly the wrong direction to see the best part of Santa Monica.

It has, though, been ruined by the tech industry that has turned it into Silicon Beach.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Del Mar was always nice but it never got around its reputation as the place where former dictators go to retire after they absconded with the national treasury. Still better than Santa Monica judging by recent photos. Fuckers can't even manage to keep a sidewalk paved.

That explains a lot.

Holliday1881

Banned
Banned

I was referring to Santa Monica as that stinky town, and below Apey's Santa Monica post which was the last post at the time.
I lived more in Venice than SM time considered I suppose. It was a wonderful era there then. My girlfriend of the time and I rented an apartment a block off the beach for 95$, and were students working little jobs for a few bucks. Eventually I moved back to the east coast which felt more "terra firma" to me. Berkeley was the best town back then - not so much now I am told.

OP
OP
Oerdin

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
It can be. Venice Beach has certainly started cleaning up a bit. That place had been down right dangerous.

TheHaze

If my dog doesn't like you, I probably won'teither
Site Supporter
Muscle Beach was the place back in the day but now little by little every place is going to the dogs with San Francisco leading the race!

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Del Mar was always nice but it never got around its reputation as the place where former dictators go to retire after they ascended with the national treasury. Still better than Santa Monica judging by recent photos. Fuckers can't even manage to keep a sidewalk paved.
Have you looked into body building? Just buy a full length mirror and start practicing your poses.

That will take a bite into his time stamp collecting.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Looks like a fun place

It is. You can sit at a spot and people watch and be entertained. I was there in late June. I sat on a bench for a few minutes with my friend to have some coffee. I then noticed there was a little plastic container, the same size as the 35mm film canister of decades ago about 2/3rds full of buds. I laughed with my friend imagining the owner had been so high that they left the weed behind. Then a group of about 3 guys are walking and one of them spied the weed like an alarm had gone off in his head. He popped over to me and asked if it was mine. I just said, nope. He took it.

It was all quite entertaining and that was just 10 minutes of my time there at the beach. It was fun.

Reactions: X
OP
OP
Oerdin

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Venice Beach had become a true free for all with regular shootings, stabbing, routine drug dealing, homeless encampments every where, all manner of violence and crime, and with drugged out zombies acting up nonstop. Luckily, about two months ago L.A. Sheriff's office finally stepped in and cleaned out the endless miles of encampments.

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️

Based on the photos of your backyard, you’re no where near either of those areas… you’re in a tract home lol

Also, I’m north of Olympic 6 blocks from the beach… no where near Venice lol

I won’t even tell you what my fathers craftsman is worth in Venice… the ABC streets near the canals are STILL prime real estate :GiggleBitch:

But keep posting the worst videos you can find online. You’re completely delusional about what the actual neighborhoods here look like.

OP
OP
Oerdin

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
It is not all about you. I posted it since a youtuber I follow made a video where the place just didn't look good.

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
Venice Beach had become a true free for all with regular shootings, stabbing, routine drug dealing, homeless encampments every where, all manner of violence and crime, and with drugged out zombies acting up nonstop. Luckily, about two months ago L.A. Sheriff's office finally stepped in and cleaned out the endless miles of encampments.

become? You think Lindsay Lohan moved there for the ambiance?

Julia Robert’s, Kate Beckensdale, Angelica Houston are a few who still live there. It’s the new Hollywood:LOL3:

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
It is not all about you. I posted it since a youtuber I follow made a video where the place just didn't look good.

So you’ve never even been there… gotcha.

Oh yes it is ALL about me. You’ve had a bug up your ass since I posted that I moved back and why I did it.

The hoods in San Diego look like Tijuana btw

Holliday1881

Banned
Banned
P.S. Please don’t move here… we are FULL!

Say, Murdock. You know Venice? Is Jingles still there on the boardwalk?
He was a fixture back in the mid /late 70s when I lived on Wavecrest just the other side of Speedway.

He would be on his skates singing songs to everyone.
It was a wonderful place then.

Last edited: