Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
254-C3275-E23-B-4-DDF-8076-0-C5-B284-E43-CA.jpg

carnage and bloody decks.

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
37-E5-B34-F-538-F-4596-8-FEA-C378-C29-CD95-A.jpg

We released most of them. killed a couple to eat. As I remembered we smoked them

Succubus

Entertain me you boring fucks.....
Site Supporter
I've never done any saltwater fishing. Mine has always been fresh water. Can you tell a major difference in saltwater and freshwater taste? I've had shark meat- which isn't all that great...but I love Atlantic salmon. I guess shark just has a distinguished flavor and it has to be an acquired taste ....

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I've never done any saltwater fishing. Mine has always been fresh water. Can you tell a major difference in saltwater and freshwater taste? I've had shark meat- which isn't all that great...but I love Atlantic salmon. I guess shark just has a distinguished flavor and it has to be an acquired taste ....

Good question. Based on my experiences. Salt water fish has better flavor, especially if fresh. In cold water, Salmon, Halibut, Stripped Bass, Cod, and a host of rock fish. In tropical waters, Dorado (Mahi Mahi), Wahoo, Tuna, Marlina, Triple Tail. Grouper, snapper. All have wonderful flavor, and and a million ways to prepare, including raw. In Sushi, Pokee, Cervchi. Trout can be real tasty, and is excellent smoked. I go out with friend Jdog frequently. Like 30, 40 miles off shore. It’s it’s own world, out there. Fun to jump in and wonder what’s underneath you. I hope you try some of these species. I know you’ll like it:ThumbsUp4:

Succubus

Site Supporter

Good question. Based on my experiences. Salt water fish has better flavor, especially if fresh. In cold water, Salmon, Halibut, Stripped Bass, Cod, and a host of rock fish. In tropical waters, Dorado (Mahi Mahi), Wahoo, Tuna, Marlina, Triple Tail. Grouper, snapper. All have wonderful flavor, and and a million ways to prepare, including raw. In Sushi, Pokee, Cervchi. Trout can be real tasty, and is excellent smoked. I go out with friend Jdog frequently. Like 30, 40 miles off shore. It’s it’s own world, out there. Fun to jump in and wonder what’s underneath you. I hope you try some of these species. I know you’ll like it:ThumbsUp4:

I've had tuna but never fresh- always in a can, lol. I have tried trout and bass, too.....mahi mahi just sounds good with the name itself, lol. Thinking about smoking some fish with maybe some pineapple rings on it or something.....what would you suggest? What fish goes great with fruit....particularly pineapple?

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

I've had tuna but never fresh- always in a can, lol. I have tried trout and bass, too.....mahi mahi just sounds good with the name itself, lol. Thinking about smoking some fish with maybe some pineapple rings on it or something.....what would you suggest? What fish goes great with fruit....particularly pineapple?

Do you have a kettle charcoal type Bar B Q?

Succubus

Site Supporter

Something like that, yeah

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Something like that, yeah

OK. Start some good charcoal. When all are white. Make 2 elongated piles of each side of your kettle. Soak some hickory, apple, or mesquite and spread on each side liberally. Place the fish in the middle, put the lid on and smoke until cooked. You will see that wonderful smoke billowing out aNd adding smoky goodness. Maybe I can find a diagram

RAVEN

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I wanna know HOW IN THE HELL you can start ALLLLLL of these fishing threads, yet have NEVER, EVER posted a picture of one god damn fish? I call BULLSHIT on your fake news fishing threads.. :Welcome8:

OP
OP
Holliday

Holliday

Banned
Banned
Received my waterproof/underwater camera yesterday. Doesn't come with a memory card though - ordered that. Got vid and sound and everything. Got the gogs too - nice. Zionor pair is really sweet.
Of course, sadly I will not be here to show you all of the interesting pics, but you'll know I'm out there somewhere taking them.

Wet Wading boots arrive tomorrow. Very exciting.
9 weeks till opening day.

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Received my waterproof/underwater camera yesterday. Doesn't come with a memory card though - ordered that. Got vid and sound and everything. Got the gogs too - nice. Zionor pair is really sweet.
Of course, sadly I will not be here to show you all of the interesting pics, but you'll know I'm out there somewhere taking them.

Wet Wading boots arrive tomorrow. Very exciting.
9 weeks till opening day.

:rightON::rightON:

TheHaze

If my dog doesn't like you, I probably won'teither
Site Supporter
Seamajor fishing with his cousin - - - - - -

62ce7f9435cef1ca6a6fbf761f03d8d5-2.jpg

OP
OP
Holliday

Holliday

Banned
Banned
Bit of disappointment

Wade boots too large - have to send back for size down
. Delicate dancer feets needz smaller size. Boots really well made though.

. Picture cards good - so lots of pics and underwater vids this summer.
Too bad you won't get to see them since 1881 is just around the corner.

Oh wellz, and sorry, BadTards.

Last edited:

Holliday Unchained

Banned
Banned
Looks like the Camera is working okay. It's got waaaay to many modes and this' and thatsiz
Still have to get on one-a-them free pic hosting sites.
CaseyK gave a suggestion I'll follow up on.
Now uh...I don't take pictures of fish.
I catch them and try to release them as quickly and as unharmed as possible.
I don't leave them laying around on rocks so I can take a pic
I tried holding them out at arms length but that doesn't work well.

I catch plenny-o-fish.
As I've mentioned many times
what interests me it gear, techniques, knots, locations etc.

I loaded my short spool Shimano spinning reel with 10LB Power Pro Super Slick V2.
I'm hoping the low diameter leaves more on the reel on long casts than the Fireline.

Gonna be a while till I find out though.

Oh - reordered the Simms Flyweight Wading Boots a size down but with the vibram soles on which I will install aluminum studs when they have them back in.
Almost forgot that.