Working With Children In Today's World? Fuck That

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
These days, a mere accusation of being sexually inappropriate with a child, guilty or not, is enough to ruin someone's life. Some say that a child would never make up that kind of story and I believe that is true, but it's not always the child that makes the accusation. Many people have accused others of being a ped0 as a form of revenge to get someone back for crossing them, or due to facts that were seriously mixed up. Why on earth would anyone knowing this take a job as a teacher, counselor or any job working with children? Men especially.

Marvin

Factory Bastard
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

its the parents that are fucked up..

i would never want to be a baby or kid these days.. this is just one example. other examples some are chained up the basement for not doing their homework and chores. cigarette burns for swearing.. OMFG!! just look hard enough and you will be DISGUSTED!.

parents are the most despicable vile creatures

OP
OP
Alticus

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

its the parents that are fucked up..

i would never want to be a baby or kid these days.. this is just one example. other examples some are chained up the basement for not doing their homework and chores. cigarette burns for swearing.. OMFG!! just look hard enough and you will be DISGUSTED!.

parents are the most despicable vile creatures
Hi Marvin,

I agree with you in part. There are far too many parents in the world who are absolute monsters. There are also just as many loving parents too though. Sadly we don't get to pick our parents. I find parents who do such things to their children abhorrent.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Social media has been detrimental to parenting.

Instead of wanting to be a good parent, people want to appear as good parents.

The bond between a parent and his/her child has been weakened because of the energy a parent gives random encounters on social media.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
These days, a mere accusation of being sexually inappropriate with a child, guilty or not, is enough to ruin someone's life. Some say that a child would never make up that kind of story and I believe that is true, but it's not always the child that makes the accusation. Many people have accused others of being a ped0 as a form of revenge to get someone back for crossing them, or due to facts that were seriously mixed up. Why on earth would anyone knowing this take a job as a teacher, counselor or any job working with children? Men especially.

That's bad, but they are also being taught by their parents to be little nihilists. Nothing matters and they don't have to respect anyone.

Teachers are being assaulted in the American classroom. Fuck.that.shit

OP
OP
Alticus

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
That's bad, but they are also being taught by their parents to be little nihilists. Nothing matters and they don't have to respect anyone.

Teachers are being assaulted in the American classroom. Fuck.that.shit
I try to be optimistic but my religious beliefs and my life experiences tell me the world is NOT getting any better. It's a real sad state of affairs.

Marvin

Factory Bastard
Hi Marvin,

I agree with you in part. There are far too many parents in the world who are absolute monsters. There are also just as many loving parents too though. Sadly we don't get to pick our parents. I find parents who do such things to their children abhorrent.
well lucky to those who have had, have, or will have good parents. i can only go by my experiences and the vile shit i read shit experiences of the innocent ones with fucked up parents.

it makes me happy we YOU and ME can be civil with each other on the topic because you can get me pretty fired up and trust me you don't want that on this topic. You've been warned jackass.

Have a blessed weekend

Garraty_47

Mutants Rule!
Site Supporter
I went to a 4H camp for 2(3?) summers as just a camper.
The summer after I aged out of going as a camper I volunteered to go as a counselor.

Basically just babysitting, really. We (counselors) were too young to be much else. But it was a blast. I enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed simply being one of the campers.

Maybe that part isn't all that relevant because it happened quite some time ago, but if asked today I would absolutely be a camp counselor again. Those kinds of jobs (paid or not) are as important as ever and call me naive or out of touch but in my opinion they're worth the hassle and headache.

It's never a bad idea to keep kids safe and be a good example for them.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
if asked today I would absolutely be a camp counselor again

Some people have been accused of some pretty nasty things on these boards for saying similar things.

That kind of opinion (works with kids, must be some sinister motives) is shared by people in other settings (i.e. "IRL"), and the result is that people like @Alticus would not even consider taking a position where he could be a positive role model for children.

Which creates more opportunity for the real predators.

So people like @Alticus, while looking out for themselves, are actually increasing the odds that children are actually assaulted.

OP
OP
Alticus

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
I went to a 4H camp for 2(3?) summers as just a camper.
The summer after I aged out of going as a camper I volunteered to go as a counselor.

Basically just babysitting, really. We (counselors) were too young to be much else. But it was a blast. I enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed simply being one of the campers.

Maybe that part isn't all that relevant because it happened quite some time ago, but if asked today I would absolutely be a camp counselor again. Those kinds of jobs (paid or not) are as important as ever and call me naive or out of touch but in my opinion they're worth the hassle and headache.

It's never a bad idea to keep kids safe and be a good example for them.
You're a braver man than I G. I wouldn't never put myself in a position where mere words of that nature could ruin my life.

Garraty_47

Mutants Rule!
Site Supporter
Some people have been accused of some pretty nasty things on these boards for saying similar things.

On these boards people can get accused of all kinds of shit no matter what they do or don't post.

Fuck the haters.
May they choke on their own bile and fall on the very sword they were swinging at someone else.

In the nicest way possible, of course.

That kind of opinion (works with kids, must be some sinister motives) is shared by people in other settings (i.e. "IRL"), and the result is that people like @Alticus would not even consider taking a position where he could be a positive role model for children.

Which creates more opportunity for the real predators.

So people like @Alticus, while looking out for themselves, are actually increasing the odds that children are actually assaulted.

I can't say you're wrong but I don't know how to gauge the extent of people deferring those kinds of jobs specifically out of fear of accusations etc. so I can't definitively say it's a systemic problem, either.

I'm sure it does happen though and yeah, that's sad.

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
I dated a HS calculus teacher who came from money. We were both transplants in the PNW. He walked away from a vested teaching career after one of his colleagues, a married father of 3, was accused by a student of making inappropriate advances.

According to the guy I was dating, the teacher had 22 years with the district with no complaints and the accusing student had a bad reputation.

Such a fucked up world we live in that we don’t know who to believe.

OP
OP
Alticus

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
@Lily @Garraty_47

I understand what both of you are saying and I am all little paranoid as far this topic goes but in the way I view this world a little paranoia can keep you safe. Lily, I'd rather be falsely accused of raping a woman than a child.

OP
OP
Alticus

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
I can see me in prison. They'd gang up on me, have their way with me and then pimp me out to the others for cigarettes and ramen noodles. No thanks.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
@Lily @Garraty_47

I understand what both of you are saying and I am all little paranoid as far this topic goes but in the way I view this world a little paranoia can keep you safe. Lily, I'd rather be falsely accused of raping a woman than a child.

It's all terrible. But yes, being accused of harming a child has even more repercussions.

cw_

> you
Site Supporter ☠️
Maybe Alticus can find an alternative way to support children and families. Working directly with children is a joy, but it's not the only way to do the right thing.

OP
OP
Alticus

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
Maybe Alticus can find an alternative way to support children and families. Working directly with children is a joy, but it's not the only way to do the right thing.
Wouldn't being a joy depend on the kids you're working with though? There's a lot of foul mouthed disrespectful little turds out there.

• No!
Reactions: cw_

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Wouldn't being a joy depend on the kids you're working with though? There's a lot of foul mouthed disrespectful little turds out there.

Not every kid is bad though. Most are still good kids.

I visited on grandparents day at my grandson's school. It was to done to promote their book sales, a fundraiser. I showed up early, so the teacher asked if I would read to the class.

I read a book to them and engaged them in the story by asking questions. They were terribly sweet and well-behaved. It was a lot of fun.

My partner coaches little kids. He started when he had his boys and then started up again with my grandson.

Garraty_47

Mutants Rule!
Site Supporter

There are a lot of reasons kids end up acting that way and almost all mean they're exactly the ones who need patience and consistency in their interactions.

If we all refuse to do anything but the easiest stuff that's a whole different societal problem.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Is there any chance that @Lily and @Murdy can take their nonsense to Meltdown?

In case anyone is confused about why they felt a need to bleed here, it is because they realize this topic makes them look pretty bad/hypocritical.

@Alticus, it seems that your lack of desire to work with children is not just because of reasons mentioned in the OP....

Someone who categorizes some children as "foul mouthed disrespectful little turds" is probably not well-suited to work with them.