Would fewer regulations reduce the garbage island in the Pacific?

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Just in case you didn’t know, there’s a garbage island twice as big as France in the Pacific Ocean

https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Fscottsnowden%2Ffiles%2F2019%2F05%2FGreatPacificGarbagePatch.jpg

There are TWO floating islands the size of the USA mainland it was reported 2007-2009 on our ABC, in the Pacific. I posted about it on my MSN news group. It is so alarming to me something should have been done 12 years ago.

I gave my reasons on 3rd Rail WHY this is the equal tragedy to de-forestation.

When plastic breaks down it reduces to the size of a grain of sand. No big deal in land fill that I am aware of but in the ocean it's a HUGE deal.

Why?

How would fish fry know the difference between algae and a piece of plastic the size of a grain of sand? They wouldn't know. If the fry eat the plastic, they won't grow and they will die of starvation.

Now little fish are as HUGELY important to the Earth's entire food chain because they feed the entire planet... they feed other fish, sea mammals, sea birds and humans.

Instead of China and the USA too making bombs... and ALL the western countries for that matter, should band together and get that bloody shit out of the ocean, ASAP!~

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Any lib care to address where this trash comes from and what to do about it?

Yuuurr teh stooopid! Trump lost u dum dumm!! U raaayycist!!

There you go....the leftwing answer to every issue lol

So now, spamming hijacker Dove has turned the thread about the environment into a thread about Trump.

Dove, you have Trump Derangment Syndrome. Badly.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Just in case you didn’t know, there’s a garbage island twice as big as France in the Pacific Ocean

https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Fscottsnowden%2Ffiles%2F2019%2F05%2FGreatPacificGarbagePatch.jpg

There are TWO floating islands the size of the USA mainland it was reported 2007-2009 on our ABC, in the Pacific. I posted about it on my MSN news group. It is so alarming to me something should have been done 12 years ago.

When plastic breaks down it reduces to the size of a grain of sand. No big deal in land fill that I am aware of but in the ocean it's a HUGE deal.

Why?

How would fish fry know the difference between algae and a piece of plastic the size of a grain of sand? They wouldn't know. If the fry eat the plastic, they won't grow and they will die of starvation.

Now little fish are as HUGELY important to the Earth's entire food chain because they feed the entire planet... they feed other fish, sea mammals, sea birds and humans.

Instead of China and the USA too making bombs... and ALL the western countries for that matter, should band together and get that bloody shit out of the ocean, ASAP!~

Plastic is the devil's work.

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Why?

when we changed from glass milk bottles to plastic ones back in the mid 70s, we all thought it was a great thing but then plastic starting replacing EVERYTHING now it's just insane. We need to bring back glass bottles... glass medicine bottles.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

So now, spamming hijacker Dove has turned the thread about the environment into a thread about Trump.

I was channeling how Admin and H answer every question bahahaha. Yes it is TDS.

How do you think this should or could be solved?

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Why?

when we changed from glass milk bottles to plastic ones back in the mid 70s, we all thought it was a great thing but then plastic starting replacing EVERYTHING now it's just insane. We need to bring back glass bottles... glass medicine bottles.

It's even plastic liquor bottles now as well. Its ridiculous.

Bamboo and hemp CAN be used for this as well....so there is real reason to use plastic so much. It's cheaper that's why.

But if we shifted.....it would change and we could make alternatives cheaper.

It's hard avoiding plastic but I really go out of my way to avoid it.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Hey bitch, I've invited you imbeciles to engage in a discussion about where this comes from and asked you to tell us what to do to the countries of origin MULTIPLE TIMES! Quit deflecting by running to the "DuhV" escape hatch!!!!!

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️
What's the deal with Eastern countries (minus AUS and NZ) and their vendetta towards the ocean? They rape it, treat it like a toilet and use it as a bin!!!
Them fuckers are dirty savages. I cant understand it ether, really. Simple hygiene isnt a strong point for em either.
They have no value for life and the environment whatsoever, at least we can agree on that... :ThumbsUp1:

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
So still, all the left wingers ever do is pull random problems out of a hat to use as some sort of partisan ammo.

But provide no discussion or solutions. It's not here.....this is all that end does. Their politicains will put together some insanely expensive bill that wont even change anything and will hike up taxes but there is absolutely no solution.

And really doubt Admin lives an eco conscious lifestyle.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
So still, all the left wingers ever do is pull random problems out of a hat to use as some sort of partisan ammo.

But provide no discussion or solutions. It's not here.....this is all that end does. Their politicains will put together some insanely expensive bill that wont even change anything and will hike up taxes but there is absolutely no solution.

I wish I could be like you and have an organized plan when I post. Your posts are logical, educational, and full of links to reliable sources. We could all learn a lot from you. And, yeah, the CONs in Congress are doing way more than anyone else, so yay to you for voting for them!

Meanwhile, the environment is under continuous assault, and the assault happens in the US as well as elsewhere. It's not a pissing contest. The contest is to get every person and every corporation in every country to do their part. So, do YOUR part instead of bitching about China and India.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I want to thank US CONs.

Portugal has recyclying bins everwhere, they offer recycled paper and plastic products for sale, they have cleaned up their rivers, there are charging stations for electric cars all over the country, people have solar panels, wind turbines are a common sight, and the overall use of electric energy is very low per capita here compared to the US. Also, many, many people here still have very small farms, so there is far less big Ag per person here.

Since Portugal is a 2nd world country, I imagine this hasn't been the case forever. I'm guessing the reason all these programs are in place and people are conscious of the need to act is 100% because of all the American keyboard warriors sitting around madly posting about what filthy animals the Portuguese are and how liberals are the worst people on earth. That's always a very productive approach to change. You can see it in action here! Good work, guys!!!! :ThumbsUp1: :GiggleBitch:

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

I wish I could be like you and have an organized plan when I post. Your posts are logical, educational, and full of links to reliable sources. We could all learn a lot from you. And, yeah, the CONs in Congress are doing way more than anyone else, so yay to you for voting for them!

Meanwhile, the environment is under continuous assault, and the assault happens in the US as well as elsewhere. It's not a pissing contest. The contest is to get every person and every corporation in every country to do their part. So, do YOUR part instead of bitching about China and India.

You gotta have something Lotus or at least be willing to discuss the problem and reasonable solutions.

Exactly what are we supposed to do about other countries polluting the ocean?

I do do what I can do. I just fail to see how further regulating Americans and making it harder for the poor and working to survive will stop THIS from happening.

Did you look at the link I posted of that 16 year old kid that came up with an incredible way to clean the oceans? One of the biggest problems here is partisan show boating. Why is Greta some face of environmental science and NOT that kid that actually worked to find a solution?

I really dont see how Admin coming here with this ocean issue ONLY to blame those of us who oppose big government even makes sense.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
I want to thank US CONs.

Portugal has recyclying bins everwhere, they offer recycled paper and plastic products for sale, they have cleaned up their rivers, there are charging stations for electric cars all over the country, people have solar panels, wind turbines are a common sight, and the overall use of electric energy is very low per capita here compared to the US. Also, many, many people here still have very small farms, so there is far less big Ag per person here.

Since Portugal is a 2nd world country, I imagine this hasn't been the case forever. I'm guessing the reason all these programs are in place and people are conscious of the need to act is 100% because of all the American keyboard warriors sitting around madly posting about what filthy animals the Portuguese are and how liberals are the worst people on earth. That's always a very productive approach to change. You can see it in action here! Good work, guys!!!! :ThumbsUp1: :GiggleBitch:

We all have recycling bins and eco friendly alternatives here as well.

So are we going to give electric cars to everyone who cant afford them? And what are we gonna do with the tens of thousands who be put out of work? We have to have jobs for people ready if we plan to take away livelihoods.

You guys come at "cons" as if we are just being mean. There are valid issues that shouldnt be ignored, you cant just kill thousands of poor people by taking away their means to survive because it's better for the environment.

This is why people say leftists are all white middle/upper classists.....you guys dont seem to recognize that many people cannot afford the sudden changes you guys want and they donr want a universal income handed to them by the government. That's not sustainable.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

You gotta have something Lotus or at least be willing to discuss the problem and reasonable solutions.

I do do what I can do. I just fail to see how further regulating Americans and making it harder for the poor and working to survive will stop THIS from happening.

Did you look at the link I posted of that 16 year old kid that came up with an incredible way to clean the oceans? One of the biggest problems here is partisan show boating. Why is Greta some face of environmental science and NOT that kid that actually worked to find a solution?

I really dont see how Admin coming here with this ocean issue ONLY to blame those of us who oppose big government even makes sense.

Stop voting for corporate whores who make this shit worse for starters. Stop listening to BS reports and claims from liars and start doing actual research. Look at the VOTING RECORDS of people you vote for and don't be a one-issue (abortion) voter. Don't fucking vote for people who make deals with polluters and weaken laws against pollution. And to the others, ALL of the CONs on here, clean up your own footprint and stop ranting about Chinese and Indians being filthy animals.

The planet is not being destroyed by regulations, it's being destroyed by regulations that punish workers and let corporations do whatever they want. Do some real research. Big government is not even a real thing. Big Corporate is. They are the ones destroying the planet, and all of you, RepubliCONs and Democrats, vote for reps who make this shit worse, no matter what they claim. If your rep takes corporate $$$, your rep is making everything worse.

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I want to thank US CONs.

Electric cars are NOT the solution...I'll write more when I go to my tv computer in bedroom now that it's working but this says it all.... batteries on electric vehicles will cost $12,000 to replace... that's right, 12 fucking thousand $$$$, I shit you not!~

I'm trying to find all my links to groups...UGH

This cartoon nails it!~

I can't find it atm... but it's a cartoon of one of our Labor Premiers charging her electric car, meanwhile the battery charger links to a coal powered electricity station.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Stop voting for corporate whores who make this shit worse for starters. Stop listening to BS reports and claims from liars and start doing actual research. Look at the VOTING RECORDS of people you vote for and don't be a one-issue (abortion) voter. Don't fucking vote for people who make deals with polluters and weaken laws against pollution. And to the others, ALL of the CONs on here, clean up your own footprint and stop ranting about Chinese and Indians being filthy animals.

Um we DO all of that.

And I probably do way more in my day to day life to reduce my waste and foot print than the guy who posted this thread.

See you are way too partisan and you dont hear people out. You make a shit ton of assumptions.

The corporate elites worked hard to get rid of Trump and ruthlessly country. You don't want to see that though.....so you wont hear anyone out.

The monoparty is rotten and completely in charge now.....because no one checked voting history and no one pays attention to what these politicains do. They get info from the very corporatists they claim to oppose and propagandists. And no one wants to admit they fell for bullshit.....so I guess self image is more important than anything.

If we cant agree that women shouldnt be forced to share prison cells with predatory men....we are doomed.

I wish you would break out of this framework. That its leftwing policies r good and cons are evil. It's far from that simple. Many people you call cons are not even conservative. And you guys do not show any understand of what conservatism is. At least not todays conservatives.

You are gonna have try to understand why people voted for Trump. Not what leftwing sources tell you about it.....but enter into that perspective and see from those eyes why people did it......and would do it again.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
I want to thank US CONs.

Electric cars are NOT the solution...I'll write more when I go to my tv computer in bedroom now that it's working but this says it all.... batteries on electric vehicles will cost $12,000 to replace... that's right, 12 fucking thousand $$$$, I shit you not!~

This cartoon nails it!~

I can't find it atm... but it's a cartoon of one of our Labor Premiers charging her electric car, meanwhile the battery charger links to a coal powered electricity station.

It also will rely on third world slave labor.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Never underestimate a libs hatred for America and ability to avoid an intellectually honest conversation.

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I want to thank US CONs.

This cartoon nails it!~

My Premier is heavily invested in renewables but it's my state that is going to wear all the holes from mining.

I don't even know if I want to get into it here... I get thoroughly involed in subjects and then, poof, the site goes tits up and all my knowledge with it.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I want to thank US CONs.

So are we going to give electric cars to everyone who cant afford them? And what are we gonna do with the tens of thousands who be put out of work? We have to have jobs for people ready if we plan to take away livelihoods.

You guys come at "cons" as if we are just being mean. There are valid issues that shouldnt be ignored, you cant just kill thousands of poor people by taking away their means to survive because it's better for the environment.

This is why people say leftists are all white middle/upper classists.....you guys dont seem to recognize that many people cannot afford the sudden changes you guys want and they donr want a universal income handed to them by the government. That's not sustainable.

WTF is wrong with you? I suggested no such thing, and you 100% missed the point of my post.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Lemme know when you're ready to discuss the garbage in the Pacific and where it comes from, shitbag.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
I want to thank US CONs.

This cartoon nails it!~

My Premier is heavily invested in renewables but it's my state that is going to wear all the holes from mining.

I don't even know if I want to get into it here... I get thoroughly involed in subjects and then, poof, the site goes tits up and all my knowledge with it.

BF wont go tits up.

Feel free. I'll read it.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
I want to thank US CONs.

WTF is wrong with you? I suggested no such thing, and you 100% missed the point of my post.

You are right I dont understand your post at all. All I'm picking up is a blame and resentment against American conservatives and I'm not even sure for what.

You cant blame people for responding to daggers being thrown at them for reasons that are not even clear. This is something we see from you guys on the left over and over.

Like Admins very incoherent OP about the pollution in the ocean. It's not even our country doing this.....yet somehow our pro liberty and small government stances is to blame. Its irrational hostility and it doesnt really foster any intellectually honest dialog about the issues....let alone solutions.

From what we do get from you guys.....the problem is always us. No matter if the problem is even coherently communicated....its our fault, we are the problem, and we dont telepathically understand this because we are stupid and
...well.....the problem.

This is literally the message sent over and over and over.

None of us still have any idea how another country polluting the ocean is our fault because we dont want the government taking over our lives......and there isnt even an explaination on exactly how giving the government more money and more power would fix this issue at all.

It's like constant blame from a partisan side that wont even take responsibility for the fall out of their policies and then there is the entitlement where people can now commit acts of violence and it's called "blow back" for shit we get blamed for that no one on our end is doing or ever did.

So yeah......i mean people are getting over this. It gets obvious that it's just dehumanizing hate for anyone who doesnt just agree with the left. People aren't even allowed to make their own private medical decisions without being smeared and insulted and threatened and having everything blamed on them.

And its unhinged, really. Nothing is ever going to get solved because there is no communication or compromise. It just gets obvious that one side simply wants control.

Last edited: