WTF mom, really?

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Mom calls, I fell. What?! Are you okay?!

My mom climbs a ladder to observe these two little birds in her garden. She missteps climbing down off and falls. She could have easily broken a bone. She sent me a picture of her calf that is already all bruised and purple. I scolded her and she took it for the most part. She's not 15, ffs.

I have to worry about her and I'm far away. I've gotten a bit of pressure from my youngest brother to move down in retirement since that's happening soon for me. I've also been away the longest, since 1989. I guess it's my turn to look out since she's been widowed. However, I don't like where she lives...

For now she's promised not to climb ladders, etc anymore.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Buy a house for her where you live. Or failing that move her into your house. If your current house is to small buy a new one with a larger room. I bet you could remodel your existing home for between $100,000 to $300,000 depending upon if you go small or opt for a full second story.

Last edited:

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
To cold in L.A.? Really?! If you really can't accommodate her in California then you need to stick her in an old folks home in Mexico or even cheaper central America. Definitely better to have her with family though and cheaper.

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

My mom climbs a ladder to observe these two little birds in her garden. She missteps climbing down off and falls. She could have easily broken a bone. She sent me a picture of her calf that is already all bruised and purple. I scolded her and she took it for the most part. She's not 15, ffs.

I have to worry about her and I'm far away. I've gotten a bit of pressure from my youngest brother to move down in retirement since that's happening soon for me. I've also been away the longest, since 1989. I guess it's my turn to look out since she's been widowed. However, I don't like where she lives...

haver her take an aspirin, 325mg, then an 80mg every day

*unless shes on daily blood thinners already

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

She'll still climb ladders. She rang you for a bit of tea and sympathy.... she'll be alright.... the tough old bastards.

Go visit if you can.

OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

haver her take an aspirin, 325mg, then an 80mg every day

*unless shes on daily blood thinners already

She's doing so much better, I told her to ice it and it really helped with the pain and swelling. The pic she sent today isn't that bruised at all anymore. I spoke with her several times yesterday and today to remind her to ice it.

OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

She'll still climb ladders. She rang you for a bit of tea and sympathy.... she'll be alright.... the tough old bastards.

Go visit if you can.

She actually said she would climb any ladders on her own anymore. She remembered that grandma injured herself in a fall and had decided to behave herself.

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Go visit if you can.

She actually said she would climb any ladders on her own anymore. She remembered that grandma injured herself in a fall and had decided to behave herself.

omg, last January, I gave my right humorus bone (Upper arm bone) a nice old spiral fracture tripping over the bathroom mat... I've never been the same since. They take between 6-18 months to heal. I would say I'm 90% fixed. Emotionally? not so much...I can't work much. That worries me.

OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Go visit if you can.

omg, last January, I gave my right humorus bone (Upper arm bone) a nice old spiral fracture tripping over the bathroom mat... I've never been the same since. They take between 6-18 months to heal. I would say I'm 90% fixed. Emotionally? not so much...I can't work much. That worries me.

Sounds terrible. I have a friend in an inpatient rehab facility, she broke both leg bones at the ankle and has had 2-3 surgeries. She tripped too. She can't go home until she can be mobile.

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Go visit if you can.

Sounds terrible. I have a friend in an inpatient rehab facility, she broke both leg bones at the ankle and has had 2-3 surgeries. She tripped too. She can't go home until she can be mobile.

It's a big, big deal breaking bones so if you see a trip hazard, fix it straight away <<<< I would write that line 100 times if I could... Eventully you heal but that seems like forever when you are going through it... You better check on your mother. Write her a real letter... small gestures mean everything to oldies.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
small gestures mean everything to oldies.

Like apologizing for "scolding" your own mother.

What a cunt.

well it wasn't hot tea she poured over her head Prowler.... it came from love and concern.

A sorry of course, wouldn't go astray.

Put yourself in The Leaker's mother's position.

First she endures the heartache of raising such a pathetic excuse for a human being.

And now she has to deal with the family retard as an adult who thinks it is her place to scold her own mother.

Let us all face the facts: The Leaker's mother is undertaking risky activity in a subconscious effort to kill herself.

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
What can I say, Lily has bully issues!!!

It happens.

Good song!!!

Suicide.... another idiot scuba diver has been missing for 2.5 days.... Another shark victim? Yep, most certainly.

OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

What a cunt.

well it wasn't hot tea she poured over her head Prowler.... it came from love and concern.

I was afraid for her imaging what could have happened. The very friend that is in a physical rehab place just lost her stepmom who fell and hit her head enough to bleed. The stepmom minimized it and cleaned up the bathroom floor. She kept minimizing the problem until her husband found her on the floor in some kind of seizure. She died within 10 days of the fall. She was only 73.

My mom is on her own and doesn't have anyone to "find" her. Of course I'm concerned.

OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Buy a house for her where you live.

She thinks its too cold here. Not happening. I'm thinking out of state somewhere. I've always wanted a bit of space and maybe we could build her own studio or small house on the same property.

Have you seen these?

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Those are cute! Thanks for posting, we're headed in this direction before too much longer.

What is the old bat worth, Leaker?

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

What a cunt.

I was afraid for her imaging what could have happened. The very friend that is in a physical rehab place just lost her stepmom who fell and hit her head enough to bleed. The stepmom minimized it and cleaned up the bathroom floor. She kept minimizing the problem until her husband found her on the floor in some kind of seizure. She died within 10 days of the fall. She was only 73.

My mom is on her own and doesn't have anyone to "find" her. Of course I'm concerned.

I get it... I get it, I was just pissing in Prowler's ear. ;)

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

She thinks its too cold here. Not happening. I'm thinking out of state somewhere. I've always wanted a bit of space and maybe we could build her own studio or small house on the same property.

Have you seen these?

Those are cute! Thanks for posting, we're headed in this direction before too much longer.

How much accumulation/stuff does she have? Thats the biggest problem. You have to deal with their sentimental stuff. This is no small deal.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I scolded her

I have an older mother who falls occasionally.

However I & the rest of the family worry excessively about her.

I suppose I should see her more often Guess I'll stay over at her house this weekend. Help her out.

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️

Have you seen these?

It’s hard. I went through this with my grandmother. Good luck convincing her to move. We could never convince ours to leave her house.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Have you seen these?

It’s hard. I went through this with my grandmother. Good luck convincing her to move. We could never convince ours to leave her house.

My mother doesn't want to leave either.

But at least she has her sons, daughters and grandchildren to assist her.

So she'll probably never leave her home.

Got me thinking tho - it's probably more economical to house the elderly in Independent Living situation like a 2 BR townhouse with a live in care aide rather than stuffing them in an old folks home.

Those places cost upwards of $10,000 per month so a family could house their parent for less money with a DIY scheme. Pay a care aide $40,000/yr rent free salary would be cheaper than a care home. And much more humane.

Anyways those seniors caught COVID - by living in all those Care Homes. Like Cruise ships they're a breeding ground for viruses. So DIY is healthier & safer too.

OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Have you seen these?

How much accumulation/stuff does she have? Thats the biggest problem. You have to deal with their sentimental stuff. This is no small deal.

Oh my lord! It's a nightmare. I don't want to contemplate dealing with all that stuff some day. She plans on leaving me responsible for her estate.