Y'all ready for Civil War 2.0?

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I'm going to share a quick tale from Tuesday evening. It's illustrative.

I messed up my ballot, so I had to go get a new ballot (it was a mail ballot). I got in this line inside the building where the Registrar of Voters office is; too long for my taste. I decided to wait. I wanted to make sure I voted. Within a couple of minutes a woman came along. My partner, notoriously impatient, told the lady that she could drop her ballot in the drop box. She says "Oh no, I'm not dropping it off there because I don't trust it. I want to make sure to hand it in myself." He just nodded as in "ok".

I had to go to the bathroom soon after. I had my partner hold the spot for me. I returned to the line within 5 minutes. Five minutes and she'd already given up. Ridonkulous...5 minutes?

I asked my partner about what happened to the woman, did she get called inside? No, she dropped it in the drop box and left. I arched my eyebrow and said "I see, the courage of her convictions disappears in what 5 minutes?" I chuckled.

The point is, there is no damn "revolution" or rebellion coming. That's utter nonsense.
This impatience, imo, is one of the reasons the US is crashing and burning. Too many Americans do not have the patience to get an education, to research a little to find the truth, to get to know each other -- differences or no -- to WAIT for something they need or want, etc, etc.

Portugal itself is a massive metaphor for this in my life. When you go into a shop, for instance, if the salesperson/owner is talking to someone, you just have to wait until the conversation is finished before it's your turn. And the conversation could include news about the customer's entire family. I am not kidding you. If you are impatient with stuff like this, you don't belong in a country that values family, friends, and community above fucking material possessions, getting ahead in your career, and getting the fuck out of the shop in under five minutes.

I hope all of the Americans coming here do not ruin this place.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
This impatience, imo, is one of the reasons the US is crashing and burning. Too many Americans do not have the patience to get an education, to research a little to find the truth, to get to know each other -- differences or no -- to WAIT for something they need or want, etc, etc.

Portugal itself is a massive metaphor for this in my life. When you go into a shop, for instance, if the salesperson/owner is talking to someone, you just have to wait until the conversation is finished before it's your turn. And the conversation could include news about the customer's entire family. I am not kidding you. If you are impatient with stuff like this, you don't belong in a country that values family, friends, and community above fucking material possessions, getting ahead in your career, and getting the fuck out of the shop in under five minutes.

I try hard to be patient out in public. We live so disconnected from people around us, it's sort of crazy. I remember being a kid and feeling excited about someone knocking on the front door.

Now we react as if it's only a bad thing if someone knocks. We think "who the hell is it and what do they want?" The implication is that it can't be good. It's a sad state of affairs.

That being said, it's just so crowded everywhere we go here in the US. We have so many demands on our time, work life balance sucks.

We have created an environment that's untenable. We've traded life for the acquisition of material goods. I don't judge, I commiserate. I get caught up in the bullshit too sometimes.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I try hard to be patient out in public. We live so disconnected from people around us, it's sort of crazy. I remember being a kid and feeling excited about someone knocking on the front door.

Now we react as if it's only a bad thing if someone knocks. We think "who the hell is it and what do they want?" The implication is that it can't be good. It's a sad state of affairs.

That being said, it's just so crowded everywhere we go here in the US. We have so many demands on our time, work life balance sucks.

We have created an environment that's untenable. We've traded life for the acquisition of material goods. I don't judge, I commiserate. I get caught up in the bullshit too sometimes.
Well, in the US almost everyone has to get caught up in it to survive. But it is tragic, imo. There is a different way to live. It's stunning to me how it feels to move around in a world where people have completely opposite priorities to the ones most Americans have. It's like a 300 pound weight was removed from my back. Lisbon and Porto are more like the US, sadly, but most of the country is on this slow turning globe I'm living on.

That door knock thing is so true. LOL. Here, I'm always pretty happy when someone knocks on the door. It's almost always going to be an interesting exchange.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Well, in the US almost everyone has to get caught up in it to survive. But it is tragic, imo. There is a different way to live. It's stunning to me how it feels to move around in a world where people have completely opposite priorities to the ones most Americans have. It's like a 300 pound weight was removed from my back. Lisbon and Porto are more like the US, sadly, but most of the country is on this slow turning globe I'm living on.

It seems you did the right thing along with your husband. That's terrific. Too many of us sit paralyzed and caught up in what we do.

Now that I have that new info, the very least I am going to do is research it. I am going to look at Northern Spain, where my ancestors hailed from...

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
It seems you did the right thing along with your husband. That's terrific. Too many of us sit paralyzed and caught up in what we do.

Now that I have that new info, the very least I am going to do is research it.
Yeah. It's worth your while.

OP
OP
Blazor

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
60b269a61a28a76c.jpg

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
The previous was local and state where as Biden wants to ban all natural gas powered appliances nation wide without a vote from Congress.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Biggie Smiles

I make libturds berry angry. I do!!!
Site Supporter
Lily is a clueless fool as always. Yes, Dems openly say they want to ban natural gas stoves, heaters, and water heaters "for the environment".

eliminate gas and rely on what instead?

The electrical grid which was being so over taxed not long ago that people were being asked to shut their ACs off and endure the scorching heat out of fear of rolling burnouts?

these fucking people :LOL3:

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Just a
"All the fluoride in the world cant stop it" lmaooooo!!
people who fantasize a social civil war in the United States will only drive it into becoming a dictatorship @Dove

If you look at history wherever the social order fell apart a strongman much worse than whatever came before him comes along to restore it

But in the process he destroys democracy or whatever freedom the people often have left. It doesn’t matter if if it’s left right or religious

And then these nations usu turn into military dictatorships start wars and send your sons and daughters off to war

Some examples- Napoleon in France. Hitler in Germany. Stalin in Russia. Castro in Cuba. The ayatollah Khomeini in Iran & most recently Erdogan in Turkey.

Theres nothing more that autocrats love than social instability because it enables them & allows them to rise to power. They feed on it and empower themselves

They say shit like I’m the guy who can restore order so follow me.but they destroy whatever remains of your freedoms as well

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Just a

people who fantasize a social civil war in the United States will only drive it into becoming a dictatorship @Dove

If you look at history wherever the social order fell apart a strongman much worse than whatever came before him comes along to restore it

But in the process he destroys democracy or whatever freedom the people often have left. It doesn’t matter if if it’s left right or religious

And then these nations usu turn into military dictatorships start wars and send your sons and daughters off to war

Some examples- Napoleon in France. Hitler in Germany. Stalin in Russia. Castro in Cuba. The ayatollah Khomeini in Iran & most recently Erdogan in Turkey.

Theres nothing more that autocrats love than social instability because it enables them & allows them to rise to power. They feed on it and empower themselves

They say shit like I’m the guy who can restore order so follow me.but they destroy whatever remains of your freedoms as well

And Stroessner in Paraguay, Pinochet in Chile, Videla in Argentina, Somoza in Nicaragua...

Gabbo

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Samoza wasn't that bad. I love samosas! There are places all over the city that have great samosas. The best are along King George Hwy, Fraser St., Main south of 49th, and #5 and Cambie in Richmond.

Super Daba near the Knight St. Bridge on Marine is good as well.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
And Stroessner in Paraguay, Pinochet in Chile, Videla in Argentina, Somoza in Nicaragua...
Pinochet was a CIA directed coup by Nixon.

The Chilean people didn't want Pinochet and it was imposed on them by the US.

so that was somewhat different where it was outside interference by a foreign power which led to the rise of a dictatorship.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Dude the same women who is shitty and a dick to people who value family and friends and community and responds to things we say with shit like "bullshit" or "partisan hack".

You know you say stuff like this but we dont get to see that side of you here where you do have the opportunities to foster understanding with people who are different from you.

You just described every single conservative small town in the US. And much of the south that you guys love to shit on. We have exactly this here in America and your partisan side HATES us. We are all backwards, racist, every "ist" and "ism" in the book.

But you go to Portugal and get a taste of that and you think this is something that isnt here and Americans are horrible.

All of your criticisms of the US, the third wording. The fast pace. The rudeness and lack of care for others.....that's where all the "progs" live. Cities and metro areas.

You know there is much more to America than CA and if you really believed what you just said here you would know what you just described is exactly what we want to PROTECT.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Pinochet was a CIA directed coup by Nixon.

The Chilean people didn't want Pinochet and it was imposed on them by the US.

so that was somewhat different where it was outside interference by a foreign power which led to the rise of a dictatorship.

Funny how the US government imposes leaders on people isnt it?

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Just a

I'm fully aware that the nudging towards a civil war is intentional for the purpose of bringing about a full on authoritarian regime.

We can see that in the Jan 6th narrative and how that evil dipshit Biden gave a war speech slamming half the country.

Politcal violence is fully embraced today. Violent riots done by useful idiots while regular law abiding citizens are made out to be terrorists if they defend themselves...all meant to antagonize.

That's marxism. All of it.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I'm fully aware that the nudging towards a civil war is intentional for the purpose of bringing about a full on authoritarian regime.

We can see that in the Jan 6th narrative and how that evil dipshit Biden gave a war speech slamming half the country.

Politcal violence is fully embraced today. Violent riots done by useful idiots while regular law abiding citizens are made out to be terrorists if they defend themselves...all meant to antagonize.

That's marxism. All of it.
Oh. I thought this attempt towards authoritarianism exists on both Left, Right & Religious societies too The latter most recent example is Afghanistan under the Taliban @Dove.

Admin.

I'm in jail, send hamberders
Site Supporter ☠️

Wrong, we were thumbing our nose at the largest Military Machine in the known world, and we didn't have much of anything in the way of a standing army, George the 3rd was the tyrant we were in rebellion against, Hamilton, Madison et alia did not add in the 2nd as a suicide pact, if you think that you need to retake history. Or at least try to think through the words to the 2nd one more time...it's that well regulated Militia dealio Do you seriously think the founders wanted the citizens to have an Militia armed against them????

:Bwahaha: :Bwahaha::daFuq4:

And we haven't even touched on the Slaver's wanting protection from a Slave revolt.

OP
OP
Blazor

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
Wrong, we were thumbing our nose at the largest Military Machine in the known world, and we didn't have much of anything in the way of a standing army, George the 3rd was the tyrant we were in rebellion against, Hamilton, Madison et alia did not add in the 2nd as a suicide pact, if you think that you need to retake history. Or at least try to think through the words to the 2nd one more time...it's that well regulated Militia dealio Do you seriously think the founders wanted the citizens to have an Militia armed against them????

:Bwahaha: :Bwahaha::daFuq4:

And we haven't even touched on the Slaver's wanting protection from a Slave revolt.

I do believe our Founding Fathers would be rolling in their graves if they knew the state of the Union these days.

OP
OP
Blazor

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
Happy George Washington day!!!

"Where are our Men of abilities? Why do they not come forth to save their Country?" - George Washington

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Happy George Washington day!!!

"Where are our Men of abilities? Why do they not come forth to save their Country?" - George Washington
They became fat, dumb, lazy, on the welfare rolls. There no one left