You know what i love doing?

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
“Empty”??? For fuck sakes, you’ve totally missed the point!

That happens a lot with narcissistic personality disorder.

And I say narcissism because her post reeks of it.

Automatically going towards thinking it's some sort of strategy or manipulation tactic that has to "work" in some way and the assumption its "empty" compliments.

Super bitter and toxic manipulative types just do not understand this at all. Empathy and connection and encouraging others.

Men are always taken for granted and not used to being genuinely complimented in nonsexual ways. In fact....as our petty little friend here demonstrates, usually complimenting men has a self centered motive.

Men arent used to being complimented genuinely with no motive outside of....just kindness and appreciation. And their response is always wonderful.

I'm confident everyone understands exactly what I'm saying outside of the cluster b crew. :)

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter

Automatically going towards thinking it's some sort of strategy or manipulation tactic that has to "work" in some way and the assumption its "empty" compliments.

Super bitter and toxic manipulative types just do not understand this at all. Empathy and connection and encouraging others.

Men are always taken for granted and not used to being genuinely complimented in nonsexual ways. In fact....as our petty little friend here demonstrates, usually complimenting men has a self centered motive.

Men arent used to being complimented genuinely with no motive outside of....just kindness and appreciation. And their response is always wonderful.

I'm confident everyone understands exactly what I'm saying outside of the cluster b crew. :)
She really is a bitter individual. She probably hates herself more then she hates others which is the saddest part with regard to her demoralising tantrums. These people will constantly find fault with absolutely everything. She needs a course in proper etiquette…maybe then she’ll eventually receive the love she desperately seeks??
It’s a damaged goods head-case and a half…they’re their own worst enemy really. Lol

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
@Joe Nobody should be proud to be a spectator.

@Joe You are always on the outside looking in.
@Joe reckons that I have ADHD, but I haven’t, I only have borderline ADHD, so I don’t know why he mentioned that, I mean I know why he did, because it was a chance to try and ridicule me, but look at him, he is vague and buggers his bum, and then laughs about it on the Canadian sites, so I don’t get the point particularly given that he’s such a fruitcake? Innit?

Heeeeeeeey @Joe …were are you going with that bum in your hand? Da-da da-da-daaaaaaa.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Why did you insert a space betwix the e and y?

That's weird. Joe.....you are being weird.

:)

Sorry @Dove I was momentarily stressed & tired yesterday. Hence posting off topic & thinking about something else. After a good night's sleep & a workout today all should be good. :)

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Men are programmed or hardwired differently than women @Dove. Women need praise to lift their spirits up. Hence that's why it's so much easier to buy presents for them. A bed of roses, some chocolates etc. Something that makes them feel good or happy. At least in this regard they are much easier to please. Same thing with nieces and nephews.

Rather than praise men would rather not be criticized. I suppose when a job goes well & there's no complaints that's good enough for a lotta guys. i reckon a reward or gift for their is something that may act as positive reinforcement. A raise, bonus or promotion at work?

Anyways men are generally different from women

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Men are programmed or hardwired differently than women @Dove. Women need praise to lift their spirits up. Hence that's why it's so much easier to buy presents for them. A bed of roses, some chocolates etc. Something that makes them feel good or happy. At least in this regard they are much easier to please. Same thing with nieces and nephews.

Rather than praise men would rather not be criticized. I suppose when a job goes well & there's no complaints that's good enough for a lotta guys. i reckon a reward or gift for their is something that may act as positive reinforcement. A raise, bonus or promotion at work?

It's a very human thing to want to feel appreciated. Men arent much different here. You guys just accept how things are.

I was once a single mom raising girls. Everywhere you turn .....praise. Constant praise. Even with weak criticism....praise.

Big was single dad raising boys. Did he even get noticed.....let alone praised for being a single dad? NOPE.

Reactions: Joe

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
And I actually use to wonder why males I viewed as friends would developed crushes on me. And this is something my husband says really drew him in.

I love complimenting men when I get the opportunity. I enjoy it more than complimenting women (which I do dont get me wrong) because us women....we are used to getting compliments from men and eachother.

Take the opportunity to give a male a compliment. Their response is amazing. Sometimes they blush like school girls and stutter because it doesnt happen very often. Least of all from a woman.....who ISNT being sexual or trying to seduce them.

I think it's sad that men just do not get the same sort of positive reinforcement that women are so used to getting. My husband was never at a loss of female attention but it was almost always sexual attention and he remembers shit I said to him 10 years ago that was a nonsexual compliment.

And if you do this with a male partner they will be motivated to WANT to continue making you happy. It's very potent.

Even the bitchiest and most stubborn male will become Wesley if you just compliment him genuinely.

Just a tidbit for those forever girlfriends out there who are over 50.

I remember years ago a female journalist complimented Donald Trump on his smile. I could tell it made him feel good and he blushed, even with his tanned face you could tell he was genuinely grateful for her compliment.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Sorry @Dove I was momentarily stressed & tired yesterday. Hence posting off topic & thinking about something else. After a good night's sleep & a workout today all should be good. :)

Oh poor @Joe was all stressed out!

Poor @Joe.

What had you all stressed @Joe?

@Joe Was it cleaning your mother's 5 bedroom house several times a week even though she can barely get around to make anything untidy, much less dirty?

@Joe Was it your "friend"'s mean dog who growls at you even though you never go to see your "friend" because of his mean dog who growls at you yet somehow even though you never see you "friend" you still talk about his mean dog who is always growling at you?

Tell me about your stress @Joe.

I am here to help.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
A bed of roses, some chocolates etc. Something that makes them feel good or happy. At least in this regard they are much easier to please. Same thing with nieces and nephews.

Did Creepy @Joe just say he makes "a bed of roses" for his nieces and nephews?

Mother Knows

.:je veux du taco Belle:.
Dove to her husband said:
Hey, honey?

I just wanted to let you know that I've been noticing that there are far fewer skidmarks in your underwear when doing the laundry. You've really leveled up in the anal hygiene department and it shows!

Keep up the good work!

The Prowler

Factory Bastard

@Joe Do you just type random shit?

@Joe First you say "Women need praise to lift their spirits up. Hence that's why it's so much easier to buy presents for them."

Okay, so women need praise and like gifts.

@Joe Then you say "Rather than praise men would rather not be criticized."

@Joe Okay, that is different.

@Joe But then you say "i reckon a reward or gift for their is something that may act as positive reinforcement."

WTF @Joe?

Is there a difference between a "present" and a "gift"?

Do you think @Joe that the idea of "praise" is just so foreign to you personally that you cannot identify with most men? You only can understand the feelings that come with criticism because that is all you experience @Joe?

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
My husband never has to buy roses or chocolate or anything to make me feel appreciated.

He genuinely compliments me all the time. He will get up and help me clean the kitchen after dinner just to hang out with me. We take walks and when I ask him how his day was or how work is going he actually tells me. Its not some "yeah it's going good" he talks about it. And he listens when I talk and remembers things. He will remember things I said that I dont even remember saying until he talks about it.

His compliments are never empty. They are specific and not generic ones at all. During our wedding our pastor went into how its important for a man to "study his wife" and Mr Dovey is a very good student ♡

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Workout? Hahahaa…I hope that you’re not too buggered! Löl
I was gonna post a thread on exercise and recreation/sport activities that people might recommend. I got some dumb bells/ barbells and started doing reps to get back in shape. We gotta free outdoor rink where I live so I'll start doin laps eh? Its so easy to get outta shape in Canads during the winter months. We dont have spring/summer 12 mos of the year like California or Australia.

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
I was gonna post a thread on exercise and recreation/sport activities that people might recommend. I got some dumb bells/ barbells and started doing reps to get back in shape. We gotta free outdoor rink where I live so I'll start doin laps eh? Its so easy to get outta shape in Canads during the winter months. We dont have spring/summer 12 mos of the year like California or Australia.
Get a punch bag and speed ball. Isometrics can take care of the rest…you’ve seen pics of my beautiful body!

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Damn someone is bitter

Lulz.

No one ever has skid marks over here. We bought a hand held bidet when the TP shortage happened. I'll never live without one of those ever again.

I call it the power coochie washer :D

So funny how some people just get so mad and shitty when they see people being happy. They just enjoy when they can pretend other people are "spiraling" and being "demised" so they can feel like they are healthy and stable and whole.

Without actually doing any of the real work and having brutally honest self assessment.

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
This guy

20230211-180640.jpg

Is such a good dad. He has always been hands on. He spoiled me with attention and help through my whole pregnancy and my labor and delivery. And he comes home and spends time with the girls. He is always playing with Squish.

He has pictures of us all over his office with Squishes art work. He is always bragging.

I gained the most weight I've ever gained after this baby. I breastfed the longest....she was exclusively breastfed for the first year. This was her first birthday and you can see I'm....bigger lol.

He never once made a comment about it. And he was still all over me all the time. Still said I was so beautiful. Waited on me hand and foot while I nursed.

In fact he got so good at that he made sure i always had my bucket of ice water to drink and i ate hummus during feeds like there was no tomorrow....nursing makes you SUPER thirsty and ravenous.

He was so attentive it would actually get on my nerves but i know I'm so lucky. Even when we are fighting he is like that.

And he is really clean. He works in the medical field. His hands are always clean. He keeps his nails clean and cut and filed and his hands are rough and soft.

What do you guys love about your spouses?

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
This guy

20230211-180640.jpg

Is such a good dad. He has always been hands on. He spoiled me with attention and help through my whole pregnancy and my labor and delivery. And he comes home and spends time with the girls. He is always playing with Squish.

He has pictures of us all over his office with Squishes art work. He is always bragging.

I gained the most weight I've ever gained after this baby. I breastfed the longest....she was exclusively breastfed for the first year. This was her first birthday and you can see I'm....bigger lol.

He never once made a comment about it. And he was still all over me all the time. Still said I was so beautiful. Waited on me hand and foot while I nursed.

In fact he got so good at that he made sure i always had my bucket of ice water to drink and i ate hummus during feeds like there was no tomorrow....nursing makes you SUPER thirsty and ravenous.

He was so attentive it would actually get on my nerves but i know I'm so lucky. Even when we are fighting he is like that.

And he is really clean. He works in the medical field. His hands are always clean. He keeps his nails clean and cut and filed and his hands are rough and soft.

What do you guys love about your spouses?
You slap a pair of shades on your husband and he'd look just like Kid Rock.

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
You slap a pair of shades on your husband and he'd look just like Kid Rock.

LOL I havent heard that one yet.

I mean yeah in this pic I can see it....he would need more face fat though lol.

That first year of Squish was amazing but exhausting lol