You know what i love doing?

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
And I actually use to wonder why males I viewed as friends would developed crushes on me. And this is something my husband says really drew him in.

I love complimenting men when I get the opportunity. I enjoy it more than complimenting women (which I do dont get me wrong) because us women....we are used to getting compliments from men and eachother.

Take the opportunity to give a male a compliment. Their response is amazing. Sometimes they blush like school girls and stutter because it doesnt happen very often. Least of all from a woman.....who ISNT being sexual or trying to seduce them.

I think it's sad that men just do not get the same sort of positive reinforcement that women are so used to getting. My husband was never at a loss of female attention but it was almost always sexual attention and he remembers shit I said to him 10 years ago that was a nonsexual compliment.

And if you do this with a male partner they will be motivated to WANT to continue making you happy. It's very potent.

Even the bitchiest and most stubborn male will become Wesley if you just compliment him genuinely.

Just a tidbit for those forever girlfriends out there who are over 50.

Have you ever done that with a liberal? I would love to see you do that.

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Have you ever done that with a liberal? I would love to see you do that.

Yep. I have 3 leftwing male friends. One I've known since high school. One who lives in Chicago (I actually went to visit him and his GF and you know who was a sort of "let's have coffee before I go" side quest) and than Garraty here.

Theyve never listened to what I think about an issue and then attacked me as a person either....so. That helps, Lotus.

Garraty_47

Mutants Rule!
Site Supporter
Yep. I have 3 leftwing male friends. One I've known since high school. One who lives in Chicago (I actually went to visit him and his GF and you know who was a sort of "let's have coffee before I go" side quest) and than Garraty here.

Theyve never listened to what I think about an issue and then attacked me as a person either....so. That helps, Lotus.

Speaking of which- I don't think you've given me any sugar recently.

Was it something I said? :daFuq:

LoLlerskates

Garraty_47

Mutants Rule!
Site Supporter
I may not have said every single tiny little syllable but basically yeah, I said the words!

**note**
Sorry if that's not a direct quote; I'm only going by memory so I may not have quoted the whole thing exactly like the movie but basically yeah, I did the quote!

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
I may not have said every single tiny little syllable but basically yeah, I said the words!

**note**
Sorry if that's not a direct quote; I'm only going by memory so I may not have quoted the whole thing exactly like the movie but basically yeah, I did the quote!

Hahaha perfect! You just forgot the last "basically" lol.

Squishes favorite part was the army of the deadites lol

I never get sick of this movie lol

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
I once went on a date with a guy I actually met on Plenty of Fish.

And for those of you wondering why I was on PoF....well one of my friends found her boyfriend had a profile on there. And she wasnt sure if it was old or not. So she asked me if I would troll it.

So I made up a blonde woman, used another friends picture and created a troll account and went to work.

Well this guy messaged me and we bullshitted for a bit and he seemed interested so....I explained to him that I was actually a troll account and why I was there. He thought it was hilarious and still wanted to talk. And he was cool so....I figured...alright I'm gonna talk to him.

So I sent him a real picture and ended up talking to him on the phone the next day and he wanted to meet for a date. So i had him meet me at the pub right by my house.

Well he kinda started striking out at that point. His vibe wasnt vibing with mine. Not to me at least. When we were talking Army of Darkness came up....dont recall how...but it did and I found out he never saw it. So I'm like "What?! Oh man that doesnt work. We are gonna go to my house and watch it"

Now this is where I was dumb and forgot the whole dating thing if you invite someone to your house it's to fuck them....well....not me. I'll invite a man back to my house to watch Army of Darkness lol. And we are gonna watch it. And I'm gonna laugh like I havent seen it a million times and I'm gonna quote along at certain parts.

But I'm sure this guy thought he was gonna get laid because the whole time he was kinda nervous and awkward. He wasnt laughing at the funny parts. It was such a put off. His lack of interest in this movie just blew it for him.

Afterwards I had him go and gave him a side kiss lol. It just was not gonna go any further. And yeah.....it was because he wasnt laughing at Army of Darkness.

The first interaction I had with my current husband? We were on a mutual friends facebook page and started quoting it back and forth.....made friends immediately lol.

This is how you vet partners.....how much Bruce Cambell can they quote LOL.

And my friends BF was good......it was just an old account. He didnt even recall the password. He never responded to 3 different fake women.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I once went on a date with a guy I actually met on Plenty of Fish.

And for those of you wondering why I was on PoF....well one of my friends found her boyfriend had a profile on there. And she wasnt sure if it was old or not. So she asked me if I would troll it.

So I made up a blonde woman, used another friends picture and created a troll account and went to work.

Well this guy messaged me and we bullshitted for a bit and he seemed interested so....I explained to him that I was actually a troll account and why I was there. He thought it was hilarious and still wanted to talk. And he was cool so....I figured...alright I'm gonna talk to him.

So I sent him a real picture and ended up talking to him on the phone the next day and he wanted to meet for a date. So i had him meet me at the pub right by my house.

Well he kinda started striking out at that point. His vibe wasnt vibing with mine. Not to me at least. When we were talking Army of Darkness came up....dont recall how...but it did and I found out he never saw it. So I'm like "What?! Oh man that doesnt work. We are gonna go to my house and watch it"

Now this is where I was dumb and forgot the whole dating thing if you invite someone to your house it's to fuck them....well....not me. I'll invite a man back to my house to watch Army of Darkness lol. And we are gonna watch it. And I'm gonna laugh like I havent seen it a million times and I'm gonna quote along at certain parts.

But I'm sure this guy thought he was gonna get laid because the whole time he was kinda nervous and awkward. He wasnt laughing at the funny parts. It was such a put off. His lack of interest in this movie just blew it for him.

Afterwards I had him go and gave him a side kiss lol. It just was not gonna go any further. And yeah.....it was because he wasnt laughing at Army of Darkness.

The first interaction I had with my current husband? We were on a mutual friends facebook page and started quoting it back and forth.....made friends immediately lol.

This is how you vet partners.....how much Bruce Cambell can they quote LOL.

And my friends BF was good......it was just an old account. He didnt even recall the password. He never responded to 3 different fake women.
Oh thats interesting @Dove

Ive rarely read/heard accounts of women who went on POF. Mostly disappointed guys like Mel or @DKG. usu guys outnumber women by 3 or 4 to 1.

BTW I know/met the CEO of POF who I drove as a Limo driver.

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Oh thats interesting @Dove

Ive rarely read/heard accounts of women who went on POF. Mostly disappointed guys like Mel or @DKG. usu guys outnumber women by 3 or 4 to 1.

BTW I know/met the CEO of POF who I drove as a Limo driver.

Yeah I never did dating sites ever. I suppose if I were single I would consider it but..eeehhh.

I literally had to be trolling to score a date on a dating site lol. And it wasnt even a good date.

He was a nice looking guy who worked as a machinist. Had three sons and owned his home. Had two dogs. Wife took off on him and the boys.

He built an extension on the house for his mother in law. So she lived with them....and was still there even after the wife took off. And she passed away and he found her.

I wasnt feeling him at all and wasnt gonna see him again. So I kinda blew off his texts the next day. 3 days later I was treated to a very long email about how he is sick of coming home to an empty house (the kids and dogs I guess were chapped liver here) and how he will stop talking to the other women he was dating.

Waaayyy too much way too soon.

I'm guessing he was an aloof sort that women chased so when he went out with someone who didnt vibe well for him and wasnt very available he went kinda nuts and turned me into a challange. It's a red flag of codependency. Neediness. Low self esteem.

So I wrote him back and went into how it was just one date and told him that I thought he should into some grief counseling and get more emotionally healthy or he is gonna end up getting taken advantage of.

I think he saw my constructive feedback as just a simple rejection and a "no" and disregarded everything I said.....BUT he stopped trying to chase.

I tend to enjoy my connections happening organically under neutral context. The dating site doesnt provide that because everyone there is looking for a partner. Not that I think that's a bad thing....I dont. And I'm obvious not against meeting people on the internet....I'm not.

I just feel like two people meeting under the context of looking for it, that sets a tone and dynamic that complicates things. People want to impress and want to find a connection and like the guy I went out with....imagine a connection that isnt there because you WANT one badly.

I met my husband on FB on a mutual friends FB page. Neither of us was looking for a serious relationship. It just happened genuinely and naturally....that's how I like it. I also feel like when people have all these options ....or at least believe they do....chosing one is hard.

Women fall into that trap easily because with all these options they are always on the hunt for a fairytale. Generally....not saying all. There are a lot of unrealistic expectations.

• Interesting
Reactions: Joe
OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
So last night M and I were laying togther and kinda talking about memories and compliments .... and he told me that one day I complimented him and told him "Oh you look really good today" and he said it put him in the best mood and he never ever forgot it.

Just simple ass compliments I've given him over the years. All genuine. He has remembered them.

M is absolutely one of the best humans on this planet. He is deeply caring. Honest. Noble. A man of his word. A softy...but can draw boundaries. Intelligent. Naturally so masculine while being a care taker. He is selfless. Trustworthy. I do not deserve his love at all. He is so loving. He is just such a beautiful and wonderful human.

And he remembers compliments I gave him over the span of almost 30 years and they lifted his spirits.