4.5 metre White Pointer (Great White) Attack.

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
OK @Murdock picture this... 25 million people in the USA... no more than 25 million in your WHOLE USA.... now do you feel safe?

Honestly, I’ve never felt safe. They have been saying California is going to fall into the ocean since I was in kindergarten. That was the same summer of the night stalker.

But California is a part of who I am. I’m a 4th generation Angelino and this is HOME.

What I'm getting at is we're all spread out here, we don't live on top of each other... animals and humans. We have 9/10 of the most deadly snakes on the planet but spotting one is very rare. No bears or cougars or any big cats.

we fear no animals....not on land at least..

My mom lives in Playa Del Rey and coyotes are a HUGE problem right now. But they destroyed the wetlands to build condos and Dreamworks, which housed most of their food supply and now they are starving and prey on neighborhood cats. My mom just lost her 15 yo cat and was ready to go coyote hunting until she realizes it’s a $15,000 fine.

I was float swimming down a river with my dad and brothers when I was young and came across a rattlesnake in the water. We didn’t realize it was a rattler until he crawled out ahead of us onto a large rock. That was the scariest encounter I’ve ever had. But we learned early to not swim up to logs floating for this very reason.

I had a decent outdoors education as a child despite being a big city girl.

Yeah I hear Southern California has rattlesnakes, eh.

Some wife of an NHL hockey coach said her cat got killed by one so she was glad to leave LA.

I fear no animals, birds, insects or reptiles however blood sucking insects are our real immediate threats to humans and disease carrying humans too, in other words, people spreading their germs kill you quicker than rattlesnakes.

Just watch where you are going. Snakes FEEL vibrations and take off when they feel heavy vibrations from you walking.... Stick to the well tread paths. It's not hard.

With the exception of perhaps Tortises I find most reptiles to be repulsive and extremely ugly. I'm glad I live in a part of the world where hardly exist because they can't survive that well in cooler climates.

I think you’re wrong Joe. I love seeing green turtles out in the break. Many have mossy shells. They pop their heads up, as to say good morning, and dive back down.

Reactions: X

X

xXx
Site Supporter
I have had friends and relatives go to Canada. One person told me it's breathtakingly beautiful... but you would never get me there anywhere near snow season.... I hate the thought of snow....warm climate next to a coast is the only place for me.
Lots of younger Ozzies come here FOR the snow!

I could imagine
Snowboarding, skiing ... extremely popular in Canada, they sell heated clothes now, you charge them in a USB port
the winter is big business here

wizer

Factory Bastard
@Omnipotent is one of those people that uses a lot of words but doesn't actually say anything.

And like many marginal individuals I've had the displeasure of running into on forums such as this, engages in petty name calling when her nonsense babbling isn't supported or agreed with.

I know more about sharks and diving in Australia and I don't even live there.

X

xXx
Site Supporter
plus shes boring

like Yoo !

now Shark story or gtfo
you fuck up every thread with your whining ... no tranny today ?

OP
OP
Omnipotent

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
It snows in Australia too.
I know it does in a few places, but it's still not quite the same as here. Here you'll find a super deep snow pack with nice powder, and the kind of geographical terrain that extreme skiers and boarders crave.

That's why half of our ski resort employees speak Australian, because they crave the real deal here!

ermm, yeah sure, if you say so.

Have you got anything to say about shark infested waters.

OP
OP
Omnipotent

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Would you snorkel and canoe when only mere days before someone was eaten by a White Pointer? Is this disrespectful to you or just bloody insane? I'm putting my money on the latter!~

The news reported this morning said several sharks have been spotted near here, at Cottesloe Beach.

132 (or something)monster sharks have been tagged by us. Those tag batteries aren't going to last forever.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
I took risks paddling my sea mosaic coloured kayak out into Westernport, Port Philip Bay, and any coastline... but it is a very camoflauged set of seascape colours.

The likelihood of getting attacked was virtually nil....

....but that assumes I could stay in my yak while wearing a black steamer wetsuit, or stop dipping my paddle at the first sign of company lest I look like a seal splashing...

That safety regime has never seen me witness a shark fin above water.... but I've shit myself more than a few times after dolphins wanted to swim underneath me out of the blue.

I can only describe the feeling of seeing large dark things underneath you by explaining the life altering moment when a dozen dolphins finally surfaced all around me and they weren't perturbed by me and my paddling because they were genuinely happy to meet and swim alongside....

I believe now that if you're pure of heart and intentions.... if your soul strives to do the right thing.... dolphins can receive that signal electrically through the waters just as sharks can detect a blood drop from many miles away.

Yeah... airy fairy shit, but that's my working hypothesis.

OP
OP
Omnipotent

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I took risks paddling my sea mosaic coloured kayak out into Westernport, Port Philip Bay, and any coastline... but it is a very camoflauged set of seascape colours.

....but that assumes I could stay in my yak while wearing a black steamer wetsuit, or stop dipping my paddle at the first sign of company lest I look like a seal splashing...

That safety regime has never seen me witness a shark fin above water.... but I've shit myself more than a few times after dolphins wanted to swim underneath me out of the blue.

I can only describe the feeling of seeing large dark things underneath you by explaining the life altering moment when a dozen dolphins finally surfaced all around me and they weren't perturbed by me and my paddling because they were genuinely happy to meet and swim alongside....

I believe now that if you're pure of heart and intentions.... if your soul strives to do the right thing.... dolphins can receive that signal electrically through the waters just as sharks can detect a blood drop from many miles away.

The sharks are feasting on a dead whale we had to haul out to the deep... the whale carcass was mere metres from Rottness Island landing, hundreds of sharks are feasting on the carcass. Rottnest Island sits on our horizon.

When you were kayaking, YOU went out into their territory, atm, the sharks are coming into our beach territory. More people are shark victims in WA than any other place on earth.

Those guys in my photos are fuckwits. A tagged great white shark was cruising our beaches today, all the beakers sounded... Those guys WANT to be confronted by a shark so they can make the 5 pm news.

The dolphins were a shield for you. They fight the sharks off. A very nice memory for you.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter

The sharks are feasting on a dead whale we had to haul out to the deep... the whale carcass was mere metres from Rottness Island landing, hundreds of sharks are feasting on the carcass. Rottnest Island sits on our horizon.

When you were kayaking, YOU went out into their territory, atm, the sharks are coming into our beach territory. More people are shark victims in WA than any other place on earth.

Those guys in my photos are fuckwits. A tagged great white shark was cruising our beaches today, all the beakers sounded... Those guys WANT to be confronted by a shark so they can make the 5 pm news.

The dolphins were a shield for you. They fight the sharks off. A very nice memory for you.

Nice indeed... but it only happened a few times. The rest of the time me and my kayaking mate were on our own....

OP
OP
Omnipotent

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I seriously doubt it Dinky

You're in a different region.

I know this because I spent years further south of you and spent years were I'm at now.

They're probably fished out like Asian reefs. They don't realize our wildlife abundance. The plastic pollution in the Pacific ocean is crushing sea creatures life. One of the victims of our Great White population was an American tourist, 32 year old Texas man in 2011.

OP
OP
Omnipotent

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
863905f4b708147f87710844e3b2dc16.jpeg

Tiger Shark... WA

09f47a6fe5f097392faaf88ca99df027.jpeg

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

OP
OP
Omnipotent

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
And this is my beach... Sandtrax where a man was horrendously taken by a White Pointer shark.

It's only a hand held bit of footage. The swell wasn't great this day.

OP
OP
Omnipotent

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
And this is my beach... Sandtrax where a man was horrendously taken by a White Pointer shark.

that is gorgeous

It's only handheld by me and I wasn't thinking of movie, more grabbing still shots from footage however, I put it to a great song from Youtubes collection and posted it anyway... I live 5 minutes inland from that spot..

We call the little kids surfing, SQUIDS~

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
You've never been to Australia so you don't know what you are talking about...
It's all about humidity...
Have you ever been to Canada?
I have had friends and relatives go to Canada. One person told me it's breathtakingly beautiful... but you would never get me there anywhere near snow season.... I hate the thought of snow....warm climate next to a coast is the only place for me.

About the only place Australians seem to remotely like during a Canadian Winter is Vancouver. Probably it's the only place that's bearable for them in January. Many young Australians man/woman the local ski Hills here. They say if it wasn’t foe them, the ski Hills couldn't remain operational. Plus all the restaurants, bars and hotels which employ them here.

Thing is...Vancouver isn't really Canada nor representative of it. Most of Canada is like where Blurt is from. Blisteringly cold and horribly miserable in the winter. That is the Real Canada. Vancouver might be more like South Australia?

So being a 'soft' Australian I suspect Vancouver or coastal British Columbia would be more your style as it's reasonably temperate all year round. Not too hot not too cold.

OP
OP
Omnipotent

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
You've never been to Australia so you don't know what you are talking about...
It's all about humidity...
Have you ever been to Canada?

About the only place Australians seem to remotely like during a Canadian Winter is Vancouver. Probably it's the only place that's bearable for them in January. Many young Australians man/woman the local ski Hills here. They say if it wasn’t foe them, the ski Hills couldn't remain operational. Plus all the restaurants, bars and hotels which employ them here.

Thing is...Vancouver isn't really Canada nor representative of it. Most of Canada is like where Blurt is from. Blisteringly cold and horribly miserable in the winter. That is the Real Canada. Vancouver might be more like South Australia?

So being a 'soft' Australian I suspect Vancouver or coastal British Columbia would be more your style as it's reasonably temperate all year round. Not too hot not too cold.

I'm thinking more like Tasmania than South Australia.

I used to think I live closer to LA BUT my uncle who has been to the USA said Perth was more like San Diego....

We have an afternoon sea breeze we call, "the Fremantle Doctor". It is cause by winds called, "the roaring forties"... you can look that up in Wiki. It's an important wind for people who sail south towards Antarctica.

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️

that is gorgeous

It's only handheld by me and I wasn't thinking of movie, more grabbing still shots from footage however, I put it to a great song from Youtubes collection and posted it anyway... I live 5 minutes inland from that spot..

We call the little kids surfing, SQUIDS~

that’s adorable!

the pictures of waves never turn out good for me… but I have the best shot that I took Christmas 2019 of a seagull flying above looking right at me on a beautiful day at the beach and the background is the coast from Santa Monica all the way to Point Dume Malibu.

Maybe I’ll figure out how to post photos to this forum one day lol