4.5 metre White Pointer (Great White) Attack.

DDT

Factory Bastard
Rattlesnakes are harmless, at least the ones here in BC (Pacific Rattler). Sure they're venomous, but bites are super rare and typically non-lethal. They want nothing to do with people, and won't bite unless cornered or startled.

wizer

Factory Bastard
Btw, science is not static @wizer you big duffus.... In the natural word, in favourable conditions animal numbers can be down one year and explosive the next.

Fluctuations in nature and the envihave nothing whatsoever with the ridiculous comment you made that “science is not static”.

Your apparent ignorance in this regard is appalling. Stick with calling people who don’t agree with you, all sorts of stupid names. You’re very good at that.

OP
OP
Omnipotent

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Btw, science is not static @wizer you big duffus.... In the natural word, in favourable conditions animal numbers can be down one year and explosive the next.

Fluctuations in nature and the envihave nothing whatsoever with the ridiculous comment you made that “science is not static”.

Your apparent ignorance in this regard is appalling. Stick with calling people who don’t agree with you, all sorts of stupid names. You’re very good at that.

Well fucking change it from static to fluid then pissant.

You're ignorant of Western Australia's shark deaths and bites and so are the dinosaur articles you put up.... Science IS fluid and "facts" CONSTANTLY change. I don't give a flying fuck what some ignorant 'Merican thinks about my "intelligence," on this issue... in the last 2 years we have had 4 deaths by sharks, 3 were caused by White Pointers and many serious injuries by shark bites alone...

As I have said and repeat emphatically, too many apex preditors in the environment is BAD for the environment.

wizer

Factory Bastard
in the last 2 years we have had 4 deaths by sharks

I know that 4 deaths in 2 years sounds scary to you but in reality that's an extremely low number given how many people have been in the water during that time period.

Do you run around screaming about how people are getting hit by lightning and falling vending machines all over Australia because it's so common? I'd guess you don't but in fact that's more likely than dying from a shark attack.

OP
OP
Omnipotent

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
in the last 2 years we have had 4 deaths by sharks

I know that 4 deaths in 2 years sounds scary to you but in reality that's an extremely low number given how many people have been in the water during that time period.

Do you run around screaming about how people are getting hit by lightning and falling vending machines all over Australia because it's so common? I'd guess you don't but in fact that's more likely than dying from a shark attack.

Omfg, You must have missed my stat reports.

SHARK attacks are now frequent... they are not RARE in the last 20 years.

We have caught monster sharks and tagged them and we keep their movements recorded via satellite...And we have helicopters running up and down beaches looking for sharks all day.. We have continual tracking of them. Not all are tagged either and one White was caught recently and had it's tag removed by a lunatic...

We watched a mother whale fight sharks off her new born for 5 days. They were surround by sharks 25 rows deep.

Big monster sharks belong in the deep, NOT on our beaches.

4 deaths WAS too many and the mawled survivers have been many as well.

I listen to Western Australian fishermen who KNOW shark numbers are out of control... Your diving rubbish is for your sport and way out of date.

OP
OP
Omnipotent

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
We watched a mother whale fight sharks off her new born for 5 days. They were surround by sharks 25 rows deep.

You watched for 5 DAYS while a mother whale attempted to fight off 25 ROWS of sharks?

Do you realize how ridiculous you sound?

The mother whale succeeded.

It was on the Perth primetime news... did you miss it?

I bet you miss most of the world news.

wizer

Factory Bastard
Name calling doesn't make your post about standing on a beach for 5 days watching a mother whale fend off 25 ROWS of sharks any less ridiculous.

Nice try though

Are all Australians this stupid?

Their one example on this forum doesn't bode well for them.

OP
OP
Omnipotent

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
We have another person disappear 2 hours drive north of me, at Lancelin. A scuba diver, Matthew Phillips 49....

Seriously, why do idiots go diving without a partner.... was he shark's lunch?

Last edited:

wizer

Factory Bastard
We have another person disappear 2 hours drive north of me, at Lancelin. A scuba diver, Matthew Phillips 49....

Seriously, why do idiots go diving without a partner.... was he shark's lunch?

Divers can disappear for a multitude of reasons other than being killed by a shark. They can have an equipment problem at depth, they can have a medical issue, or they can get task overloaded, panic and spit out their regulator and drown or rapidly head for the surface and get bent or suffer a pulmonary embolism and sink back down never to be found.

Most of my almost 600 divers over the past 30 years are solo, and I am certified to dive alone. In answer to your ignorant question- a solo diver with a redundant air supply and other safety equipment including a GPS locator device is usually in better shape than a diver with a buddy who is less experienced, less trained, less skilled, less fit and more of a liability which is most divers I've run into on various dive charters, most of whom are "vacation divers" getting wet maybe 1-2 weeks per year if that, and usually spending their surface intervals consuming large amounts of alcohol.

Although when it comes to sharks you might just have a point. A buddy will decrease your odds of being attacked by 50%.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
OK @Murdock picture this... 25 million people in the USA... no more than 25 million in your WHOLE USA.... now do you feel safe?

Honestly, I’ve never felt safe. They have been saying California is going to fall into the ocean since I was in kindergarten. That was the same summer of the night stalker.

But California is a part of who I am. I’m a 4th generation Angelino and this is HOME.

What I'm getting at is we're all spread out here, we don't live on top of each other... animals and humans. We have 9/10 of the most deadly snakes on the planet but spotting one is very rare. No bears or cougars or any big cats.

we fear no animals....not on land at least..

My mom lives in Playa Del Rey and coyotes are a HUGE problem right now. But they destroyed the wetlands to build condos and Dreamworks, which housed most of their food supply and now they are starving and prey on neighborhood cats. My mom just lost her 15 yo cat and was ready to go coyote hunting until she realizes it’s a $15,000 fine.

I was float swimming down a river with my dad and brothers when I was young and came across a rattlesnake in the water. We didn’t realize it was a rattler until he crawled out ahead of us onto a large rock. That was the scariest encounter I’ve ever had. But we learned early to not swim up to logs floating for this very reason.

I had a decent outdoors education as a child despite being a big city girl.

Yeah I hear Southern California has rattlesnakes, eh.

Some wife of an NHL hockey coach said her cat got killed by one so she was glad to leave LA.

I fear no animals, birds, insects or reptiles however blood sucking insects are our real immediate threats to humans and disease carrying humans too, in other words, people spreading their germs kill you quicker than rattlesnakes.

Just watch where you are going. Snakes FEEL vibrations and take off when they feel heavy vibrations from you walking.... Stick to the well tread paths. It's not hard.

With the exception of perhaps Tortises I find most reptiles to be repulsive and extremely ugly. I'm glad I live in a part of the world where hardly exist because they can't survive that well in cooler climates.

OP
OP
Omnipotent

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
OK @Murdock picture this... 25 million people in the USA... no more than 25 million in your WHOLE USA.... now do you feel safe?

Honestly, I’ve never felt safe. They have been saying California is going to fall into the ocean since I was in kindergarten. That was the same summer of the night stalker.

But California is a part of who I am. I’m a 4th generation Angelino and this is HOME.

What I'm getting at is we're all spread out here, we don't live on top of each other... animals and humans. We have 9/10 of the most deadly snakes on the planet but spotting one is very rare. No bears or cougars or any big cats.

we fear no animals....not on land at least..

My mom lives in Playa Del Rey and coyotes are a HUGE problem right now. But they destroyed the wetlands to build condos and Dreamworks, which housed most of their food supply and now they are starving and prey on neighborhood cats. My mom just lost her 15 yo cat and was ready to go coyote hunting until she realizes it’s a $15,000 fine.

I was float swimming down a river with my dad and brothers when I was young and came across a rattlesnake in the water. We didn’t realize it was a rattler until he crawled out ahead of us onto a large rock. That was the scariest encounter I’ve ever had. But we learned early to not swim up to logs floating for this very reason.

I had a decent outdoors education as a child despite being a big city girl.

Yeah I hear Southern California has rattlesnakes, eh.

Some wife of an NHL hockey coach said her cat got killed by one so she was glad to leave LA.

I fear no animals, birds, insects or reptiles however blood sucking insects are our real immediate threats to humans and disease carrying humans too, in other words, people spreading their germs kill you quicker than rattlesnakes.

Just watch where you are going. Snakes FEEL vibrations and take off when they feel heavy vibrations from you walking.... Stick to the well tread paths. It's not hard.

With the exception of perhaps Tortises I find most reptiles to be repulsive and extremely ugly. I'm glad I live in a part of the world where hardly exist because they can't survive that well in cooler climates.

Joe... Australia is a HUGE continent with the top in the tropics and the bottom close to Antarctica... most of Australians lives in the cooler milder areas.

Lizards are beautiful, snakes, not so much. On my property, I have skinks and gecko. I love their feet ...omg they're just wonderful.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
We have another person disappear 2 hours drive north of me, at Lancelin. A scuba diver, Matthew Phillips, 49
th

OP
OP
Omnipotent

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
We have another person disappear 2 hours drive north of me, at Lancelin. A scuba diver, Matthew Phillips, 49
th

It's so, so sad about Matthew Phillips is still missing.... My rock lobster fisherman brother keeps warning our 82 year old uncle to stop diving on the reef at Dongara for mussels.... but we can't stop him. Once a fisherman ALWAYS a fisherman.

They reckon lobsters make a distressed noise when they're under attack attracting sharks.

Diving for few bloody lobster isn't the way to catch them... a boat and baited pots... An amateur can have a $50 licence per year, two pots and is allowed 8 lobster per day in WA

OP
OP
Omnipotent

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
You've never been to Australia so you don't know what you are talking about...
It's all about humidity...
Have you ever been to Canada?
I have had friends and relatives go to Canada. One person told me it's breathtakingly beautiful... but you would never get me there anywhere near snow season.... I hate the thought of snow....warm climate next to a coast is the only place for me.

DDT

Factory Bastard
Willing to live rural? This is my backyard (in the late fall, so not as colourful as it could be with leaves already dropped). I own about half of what you see in pic, literally halfway up the side of the mountain. It's all bordered by Crown Land.

You need to learn your ways Caskur!

Back.jpg

OP
OP
Omnipotent

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I have had friends and relatives go to Canada. One person told me it's breathtakingly beautiful... but you would never get me there anywhere near snow season.... I hate the thought of snow....warm climate next to a coast is the only place for me.
Lots of younger Ozzies come here FOR the snow!

It snows in Australia too.