4.5 metre White Pointer (Great White) Attack.

OP
OP
Omnipotent

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
The ocean needs to be highly respected.

I bet that man killed by the shark yesterday thought just like you two....

OP
OP
Omnipotent

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

This poor gentleman was badly bitten trying to cross the River mouth here. I believe he lost part of his leg. It was a Salt Water Croc

Seriously not worth it.

Their numbers are too high. In Australia our salties went down to 3,000 and since they started to be protected, their numbers climbed to 100,000 but it's possibly more.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Omnipotent said:
I know... the shit that is spewed about Oz is ridiculous but really, you have to blame documentaries where they LOVE exaggerating about the dangerous wildlife here. It's sensationalist rubbish.

...is disease a problem in Australia?

I see all these videos about Australians getting subtropical diseases like meningitis:

......are there any others I should be concerned about if I visit your country?

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Ceedoobie's #1 Fan
Site Supporter ☠️
Wizer, I know you for what? More than 10 years now, I think.

I know some of the things that happened in your personal life and I understand it's hard for you to accept anything beyond what our eyes can see and what our hands can touch.

But at least try to keep an open mind when it comes to the spiritual.

Humanity is basically lost right now, we're basically living the whole "the blind leading the blind" thing right now.

OP
OP
Omnipotent

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Omnipotent said:
I know... the shit that is spewed about Oz is ridiculous but really, you have to blame documentaries where they LOVE exaggerating about the dangerous wildlife here. It's sensationalist rubbish.

I see all these videos about Australians getting subtropical diseases like meningitis:

My grandmother's only brother died of meningitis when he was 27 Wayyyyy before I was born and my brother caught meningitis at 2 and survived but was on the critical list. The big difference between the older Stephan and my brother, Stephen was my brother was born in the age of anti-biotic.... My grandmothers brother wasn't.

I don't see the big deal, we all get vaccinated against tetanus ...

Hot countries have nasty diseases like India and Florida which has outbreaks of bubonic plague.

OP
OP
Omnipotent

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Wizer, omg... Another dinosaur not thinking globally.

If a person doesn't agree with @Omnipotent, even if they provide facts to support their opposing viewpoint, @Omnipotent calls them idiots, dinosaurs and any other third grade insults that comes to her rather limited mind.

Got it.

Note to self- member @Omnipotent is yet another loser not to be taken seriously.

lol.... I don't believe your articles... I believe in my own observations. I live in WA, Western Australia which has a pristine coastline... I live on the coast and my family are professional Rock Lobster fisherman...

wizer

Factory Bastard
lol.... I don't believe your articles... I believe in my own observations. I live in WA, Western Australia which has a pristine coastline... I live on the coast and my family are professional Rock Lobster fisherman...

Of course you don't believe articles based on fact, evidence and statistical analysis by experts trained in their fields of study.

What you see is a small, anecdotal, limited biased subjective interpretation of an infinitesmaly small percentage of actual events that are occurring in the world.

I bet if you see a car accident on the way to the grocery store you figure car accidents happen to everyone every single hour of the day.

If not, why not? Same difference.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Omnipotent said:

My grandmother's only brother died of meningitis when he was 27 Wayyyyy before I was born and my brother caught meningitis at 2 and survived but was on the critical list. The big difference between the older Stephan and my brother, Stephen was my brother was born in the age of anti-biotic.... My grandmothers brother wasn't.

Hot countries have nasty diseases like India and Florida which has outbreaks of bubonic plague.

How about encephalitis?

Is that a problem in Australia too?

wizer

Factory Bastard

I know some of the things that happened in your personal life and I understand it's hard for you to accept anything beyond what our eyes can see and what our hands can touch.

Humanity is basically lost right now, we're basically living the whole "the blind leading the blind" thing right now.

Thanks rancid, nice post but no, I don't believe in the spiritual, I don't believe in anything my senses don't detect, I don't think there's a bearded dude in the sky or a horned dude surrounded by fire and brimstone under the ground or a big hidden swimming dinosaur in Loch Ness, or families of apelike humanoid creatures that no one has been able to get a confirmed picture of. I don't believe in Santa Claus, or the Easter Bunny and I don't believe shark attacks on people are anything other than a rare occurence based on the numbers.

But I do appreciate your efforts.

OP
OP
Omnipotent

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Omnipotent said:

How about encephalitis?

Is that a problem in Australia too?

I'm not sure. Look it up.

I think Golden Staf is a problem... I had a staf infection last January but it got cleared up with anti-biotics.

Western Australia is the only place on earth that has no community spread of covid and never has but that might change next February when our borders are relaxed...

OP
OP
Omnipotent

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Thanks rancid, nice post but no, I don't believe in the spiritual, I don't believe in anything my senses don't detect, I don't think there's a bearded dude in the sky or a horned dude surrounded by fire and brimstone under the ground or a big hidden swimming dinosaur in Loch Ness, or families of apelike humanoid creatures that no one has been able to get a confirmed picture of. I don't believe in Santa Claus, or the Easter Bunny and I don't believe shark attacks on people are anything other than a rare occurence based on the numbers.

But I do appreciate your efforts.

lol you metamoron... come to WA and do the Cottesloe to Rottnest Island swim next February... I'll take pictures of you dodging sharks you American poofter...;)

OP
OP
Omnipotent

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Btw, science is not static @wizer you big duffus.... In the natural word, in favourable conditions animal numbers can be down one year and explosive the next. The Pacific Ocean is so choked with plastic pollution, that any sea life or seabird life remaining is astounding.

The Indian Ocean on my side of the country is infested with sharks. Asia is fished out and sharks have come to us... Australian Fisheries are heavily patrolled so our fish stocks are high.

We have a live sheep shipping industry that services the middle east as well and the sharks follow the ships all the way over eating the sheep tossed overboard, from having broken legs... the people in the middle east complain about the sharks going over there following the ships.

Last edited:

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Btw, science is not static Wizer you big duffus.... In the natural word, in favourable conditions animal numbers can be down one year and explosive the next. The Pacific Ocean is so choked with plastic pollution, that any sea life or bird sea life remaining is astounding.

The Indian Ocean on my side of the country is infested with sharks. Asia is fished out and sharks have come to us... Australian Fisheries are heavily patrolled so our fish stocks are high.

We have a live sheep shipping industry that services the middle east as well and the sharks follow the ships all the way over eating the sheep tossed overboard, from having broken legs... the people in the middle east complain about the sharks going over there following the ships.

So Australia and the ways it's inhabitants perceive it is akin to England vs the European continent?

Like an island unto itself?

Isolated or separated by water eh.

OP
OP
Omnipotent

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Btw, science is not static Wizer you big duffus.... In the natural word, in favourable conditions animal numbers can be down one year and explosive the next. The Pacific Ocean is so choked with plastic pollution, that any sea life or bird sea life remaining is astounding.

So Australia and the ways it's inhabitants perceive it is akin to England vs the European continent?

Like an island unto itself?

Isolated or separated by water eh.

Yep lucky in some ways... We are an Island Continent... but the coast is massive to police,... And we can't stop migratory birds.

You should look up Hendra Virus.

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
OK @Murdock picture this... 25 million people in the USA... no more than 25 million in your WHOLE USA.... now do you feel safe?

Honestly, I’ve never felt safe. They have been saying California is going to fall into the ocean since I was in kindergarten. That was the same summer of the night stalker.

But California is a part of who I am. I’m a 4th generation Angelino and this is HOME.

What I'm getting at is we're all spread out here, we don't live on top of each other... animals and humans. We have 9/10 of the most deadly snakes on the planet but spotting one is very rare. No bears or cougars or any big cats.

we fear no animals....not on land at least..

My mom lives in Playa Del Rey and coyotes are a HUGE problem right now. But they destroyed the wetlands to build condos and Dreamworks, which housed most of their food supply and now they are starving and prey on neighborhood cats. My mom just lost her 15 yo cat and was ready to go coyote hunting until she realizes it’s a $15,000 fine.

I was float swimming down a river with my dad and brothers when I was young and came across a rattlesnake in the water. We didn’t realize it was a rattler until he crawled out ahead of us onto a large rock. That was the scariest encounter I’ve ever had. But we learned early to not swim up to logs floating for this very reason.

I had a decent outdoors education as a child despite being a big city girl.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
OK @Murdock picture this... 25 million people in the USA... no more than 25 million in your WHOLE USA.... now do you feel safe?

Honestly, I’ve never felt safe. They have been saying California is going to fall into the ocean since I was in kindergarten. That was the same summer of the night stalker.

But California is a part of who I am. I’m a 4th generation Angelino and this is HOME.

What I'm getting at is we're all spread out here, we don't live on top of each other... animals and humans. We have 9/10 of the most deadly snakes on the planet but spotting one is very rare. No bears or cougars or any big cats.

My mom lives in Playa Del Rey and coyotes are a HUGE problem right now. But they destroyed the wetlands to build condos and Dreamworks, which housed most of their food supply and now they are starving and prey on neighborhood cats. My mom just lost her 15 yo cat and was ready to go coyote hunting until she realizes it’s a $15,000 fine.

I was float swimming down a river with my dad and brothers when I was young and came across a rattlesnake in the water. We didn’t realize it was a rattler until he crawled out ahead of us onto a large rock. That was the scariest encounter I’ve ever had. But we learned early to not swim up to logs floating for this very reason.

Yeah I hear Southern California has rattlesnakes, eh.

Some wife of an NHL hockey coach said her cat got killed by one so she was glad to leave LA.

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️

Some wife of an NHL hockey coach said her cat got killed by one so she was glad to leave LA.

We were in NorCal near Grass Valley when that happened. But I’m sure you could encounter a rattler in the Santa Monica canyons on a hike deep into a trail. I avoid those trails because of them.

My friend in high school watched a coyote attack their family cat in her back yard at dusk in the Palisades Highlands way back when.

We were nearly attacked by a coyote in that same area in our early 20s coming home from clubbing at 3 am. I took off one of my heels and started screaming when I threw it and it ran off. That was pretty scary…. but I have a cannon for
an arm.

OP
OP
Omnipotent

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Wetlands are crucially important for bio-diversity... destroying them is environmental vandalism. Nothing makes my blood boil faster than the destrction of virgin habitat.

OP
OP
Omnipotent

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

I fear no animals, birds, insects or reptiles however blood sucking insects are our real immediate threats to humans and disease carrying humans too, in other words, people spreading their germs kill you quicker than rattlesnakes.

Just watch where you are going. Snakes FEEL vibrations and take off when they feel heavy vibrations from you walking.... Stick to the well tread paths. It's not hard.

Last edited: