4.5 metre White Pointer (Great White) Attack.

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
You've never been to Australia so you don't know what you are talking about...
It's all about humidity...
Have you ever been to Canada?
I have had friends and relatives go to Canada. One person told me it's breathtakingly beautiful... but you would never get me there anywhere near snow season.... I hate the thought of snow....warm climate next to a coast is the only place for me.

About the only place Australians seem to remotely like during a Canadian Winter is Vancouver. Probably it's the only place that's bearable for them in January. Many young Australians man/woman the local ski Hills here. They say if it wasn’t foe them, the ski Hills couldn't remain operational. Plus all the restaurants, bars and hotels which employ them here.

Thing is...Vancouver isn't really Canada nor representative of it. Most of Canada is like where Blurt is from. Blisteringly cold and horribly miserable in the winter. That is the Real Canada. Vancouver might be more like South Australia?

So being a 'soft' Australian I suspect Vancouver or coastal British Columbia would be more your style as it's reasonably temperate all year round. Not too hot not too cold.

I'm thinking more like Tasmania than South Australia.

I used to think I live closer to LA BUT my uncle who has been to the USA said Perth was more like San Diego....

We have an afternoon sea breeze we call, "the Fremantle Doctor". It is cause by winds called, "the roaring forties"... you can look that up in Wiki. It's an important wind for people who sail south towards Antarctica.

San Diego has some truly gorgeous spots…. I like to paddle-board with my cousin in La Jolla.

But when I have time to get lost for the day, I drive up the coast to hike down a cliff to a beach deep in Malibu. I do it in flip flops and a bikini, so I never have much more than a water bottle and sunscreen. So much fun… until you need to hike back to the car to get snacks out of the cooler lol

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
You've never been to Australia so you don't know what you are talking about...
It's all about humidity...
Have you ever been to Canada?
I have had friends and relatives go to Canada. One person told me it's breathtakingly beautiful... but you would never get me there anywhere near snow season.... I hate the thought of snow....warm climate next to a coast is the only place for me.

About the only place Australians seem to remotely like during a Canadian Winter is Vancouver. Probably it's the only place that's bearable for them in January. Many young Australians man/woman the local ski Hills here. They say if it wasn’t foe them, the ski Hills couldn't remain operational. Plus all the restaurants, bars and hotels which employ them here.

Thing is...Vancouver isn't really Canada nor representative of it. Most of Canada is like where Blurt is from. Blisteringly cold and horribly miserable in the winter. That is the Real Canada. Vancouver might be more like South Australia?

So being a 'soft' Australian I suspect Vancouver or coastal British Columbia would be more your style as it's reasonably temperate all year round. Not too hot not too cold.

I'm thinking more like Tasmania than South Australia.

I used to think I live closer to LA BUT my uncle who has been to the USA said Perth was more like San Diego....

We have an afternoon sea breeze we call, "the Fremantle Doctor". It is cause by winds called, "the roaring forties"... you can look that up in Wiki. It's an important wind for people who sail south towards Antarctica.

Yeah Vancouver is probably more like Tasmanua climate wise.

Tell ya the truth tho ai can't stand the heat anymore. It's getting cold here now but I still prefer it to the heat we had last summer. That felt too hot tho by Australian standards it's pretty mild.

I'd prefer to live in a mild Tasmanian or climate like Northern Japan all year round.

If it never got hotter than 21 c or 70 f i'd be happy with that.

OP
OP
Omnipotent

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
And this is my beach... Sandtrax where a man was horrendously taken by a White Pointer shark.

It's only a hand held bit of footage. The swell wasn't great this day.

that is gorgeous

It's only handheld by me and I wasn't thinking of movie, more grabbing still shots from footage however, I put it to a great song from Youtubes collection and posted it anyway... I live 5 minutes inland from that spot..

We call the little kids surfing, SQUIDS~

that’s adorable!

the pictures of waves never turn out good for me… but I have the best shot that I took Christmas 2019 of a seagull flying above looking right at me on a beautiful day at the beach and the background is the coast from Santa Monica all the way to Point Dume Malibu.

Maybe I’ll figure out how to post photos to this forum one day lol

make a free youtube channel...

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
Nothing in our waters can kill you.

Except the water.

I suck at swimming. I still sink. Was at the beach this summer and my wife did a "front float". She just floated there. I did it and sank pretty quickly. Then I tried floating on my back. As expected, I sank. When I swim, I spend more energy trying to stay afloat than I do going forward.

I just float too.... I don't even have to tread water. It absolutely shocks Kurt. He can't believe it.
It’s all that air and grace! :LOL3:

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
The man was 57. He swam there everyday and so does 2 of my sisters actually .... There has been 4 deaths in 2 years around my state... We've averaged 1-2 deaths a year for 20 years... Hardly anyone goes swimming these days. Our whole lives revolve around our ocean... Bloody sharks eat everything. Too many apex predators are bad for the environment.
You have no idea!