4.5 metre White Pointer (Great White) Attack.

DDT

Factory Bastard
It is definitely something to do with my body composition. I do have more fat now than when I was younger, but I still do not float.

I can tread water, but I have to go pretty fast with my arms and legs.

I think I have dense muscle and/or heavy bones. Something that makes me heavy for my size.
It is genetic. I have genetics that would be similar to an Olympic sprinter (according to DNA tests!), which means very little body mass as fat by default.

In water this can work, but only if you have the training and the power!

My cousin was fat, and was a better swimmer than me. I could not figure this out... I was stronger, leaner, and more fit, yet she could float around in the water with ease.

We have to expel more energy to do the same thing!

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
I live in the greated state and the greated continent on earth...

We don't have bears, wild cats and maniacs with assault weapons like North America. I feel pretty safe. Poor lobsters aren't safe for sure.... Poor yummy things

I've lived in both and I somewhat agree, unless you don't have basic gear in either... here in Oz...a tarp, a mosquito net, and as much water as you can purify or carry is the game changer.

In North America, it's more about the ability to not get chewed on, as water is generally plentiful, and with water comes foodstuffs....but the elements will kill you quicker there, yet for different reasons.

But if you get bit by most things here in Oz, it's all over unless you get to a medical facility or gamble on aboriginal tactics such as laying completely still for days on end. Our coastline is even worse... get bit by a sea snake or bluebottle or darted by a cone snail... that's dangerous to say your prayers.

But no worse than getting chewed on by a brown or grizzly bear...

OP
OP
Omnipotent

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I go here a minimum of twice a week. Sad place now. It'll be interesting to see surfing back here again. I wonder. I should go down now and see whats going on.

OP
OP
Omnipotent

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Depends on your movements...
Won't argue with that. If you look long enough you will find a problem...

Yeah, a hundred people die a year in Australia being stung by bees...

so there you go.

There was a SHARK ATTACK VICTIM on the beach going for his first swim when the 57 year old was taken... he was interviewed.

The man who died...

Paul Millachip with his wife. Credit: USHER Susan [PD82522]/WA Police
5213f343aad7ddd399a4d6881d6913276723e8bc.jpg

Last edited:

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter

Yup... I used to snorkel out 3-4 kilometres off the coast of Southern Peru and Northern Chile...

They only had sharks come down every 2-3 decades and not for very long at a time. When they did come, people got eaten. I talked with the old timers in the areas. Wharfies and security guards in their 60's and 70's. They told me it was basically safe unless I was the first in years.

Had a blast swimming the currents and rips... until my lungs nearly burst each dive... I should have been more worried about my swimming ability.

It was liberating... but very reckless...

Yet all I really copped were jellyfish stings all over trying to duck and weave getting back to shore in the waves...

Kind of minor compared to Oz...

Reactions: DDT
OP
OP
Omnipotent

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
It is definitely something to do with my body composition. I do have more fat now than when I was younger, but I still do not float.

I can tread water, but I have to go pretty fast with my arms and legs.

I think I have dense muscle and/or heavy bones. Something that makes me heavy for my size.
It is genetic. I have genetics that would be similar to an Olympic sprinter (according to DNA tests!), which means very little body mass as fat by default.

In water this can work, but only if you have the training and the power!

My cousin was fat, and was a better swimmer than me. I could not figure this out... I was stronger, leaner, and more fit, yet she could float around in the water with ease.

We have to expel more energy to do the same thing!

My husband is a gym instructor and he will tell dills like you FAT PEOPLE still have muscles under their fat...

some education for dummies by caskur!~

OP
OP
Omnipotent

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I live in the greated state and the greated continent on earth...

We don't have bears, wild cats and maniacs with assault weapons like North America. I feel pretty safe. Poor lobsters aren't safe for sure.... Poor yummy things

I've lived in both and I somewhat agree, unless you don't have basic gear in either... here in Oz...a tarp, a mosquito net, and as much water as you can purify or carry is the game changer.

In North America, it's more about the ability to not get chewed on, as water is generally plentiful, and with water comes foodstuffs....but the elements will kill you quicker there, yet for different reasons.

But if you get bit by most things here in Oz, it's all over unless you get to a medical facility or gamble on aboriginal tactics such as laying completely still for days on end. Our coastline is even worse... get bit by a sea snake or bluebottle or darted by a cone snail... that's dangerous to say your prayers.

But no worse than getting chewed on by a brown or grizzly bear...

I know... the shit that is spewed about Oz is ridiculous but really, you have to blame documentaries where they LOVE exaggerating about the dangerous wildlife here. It's sensationalist rubbish.

Did you see that movie with Leonardo DiCaprio being mauled by a bear? Good movie!~.

movie - Revenant

OP
OP
Omnipotent

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Yup... I used to snorkel out 3-4 kilometres off the coast of Southern Peru and Northern Chile...

They only had sharks come down every 2-3 decades and not for very long at a time. When they did come, people got eaten. I talked with the old timers in the areas. Wharfies and security guards in their 60's and 70's. They told me it was basically safe unless I was the first in years.

Had a blast swimming the currents and rips... until my lungs nearly burst each dive... I should have been more worried about my swimming ability.

Yet all I really copped were jellyfish stings all over trying to duck and weave getting back to shore in the waves...

Now you know WHY I go batshit crazy when you tell me you canoe between islands... don't do it. Those fuckers are there and their main diet has been reduced... There is a picture in google showing the contents of a White Pointer (Great White) and there are 6 dead seals from its stomache. You know, those fuckers (an other species) are reducing the OTHER sea life, not just people. They really are a blight in large numbers. They need culling.

10568784_719605181432302_7182491005753282862_n.jpg

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
I live in the greatest state and the greatest ontinent on earth...

Australia is where the devil keeps his pets lol…. but I don’t do bugs and the ones I’ve seen pics of are scary.

I can’t understand why I haven’t been there yet. I need to add this to my to-do list.

OP
OP
Omnipotent

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
@Murdock

On average only around 3 people die each year from wild animal related incidents in Australia compared with about: • 8 people who die in Australia in horse related accidents each year; • 13 people who die global each year in vending machine related incidents; • 58 people who die in Australia from falling out of bed every year;

How Dangerous Are The Animals In Australia?
backpackeradvice.com/destinations/oceania/australia/dangerous-animals-australia…

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter

Now you know WHY I go batshit crazy when you tell me you canoe between islands... don't do it. Those fuckers are there and their main diet has been reduced... There is a picture in google showing the contents of a White Pointer (Great White) and there are 6 dead seals from its stomache. You know, those fuckers (an other species) are reducing the OTHER sea life, not just people. They really are a blight in large numbers. They need culling.

10568784_719605181432302_7182491005753282862_n.jpg

I don't have a death wish but I can't live in fear...

A decade ago, me and my boss were kayaking a few k's off Mordialloc Pier... just a healthy pace and getting out on the waters.

I noticed some massive grey bulks under the water and pointed it out to him and we both said in few words our goodbyes...

....then they surfaced and swam with us for half a minute.

They were Port Phillip dolphins...

It was a life changing moment...

If I didn't paddle my kayak out there, I never would have seen these beautiful beasts either side of me at 1 metre...

I could almost touch them... but I didn't.

The same in Southern Peru and Northern Chile... diving down 30 feet with only a snorkel and mask then letting the currents and rips spin me sideways was life changing... trying to get to the seabed floor and it was right there but I could see it yet it wasn't possible....

It was another great feeling....

So I dont care... death comes to us all. Live free or die.

OP
OP
Omnipotent

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
You can see dolphins every day on the Swan River... Or the Fremantle wharf... you don't even have to get out of the car...

dolphins will protect you from sharks... they swim full boar towards the fuckers and bash them. But 4.5 great white pointers... you're finished.

Last edited:

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
OK @Murdock picture this... 25 million people in the USA... no more than 25 million in your WHOLE USA.... now do you feel safe?

Honestly, I’ve never felt safe. They have been saying California is going to fall into the ocean since I was in kindergarten. That was the same summer of the night stalker.

But California is a part of who I am. I’m a 4th generation Angelino and this is HOME.

OP
OP
Omnipotent

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
OK @Murdock picture this... 25 million people in the USA... no more than 25 million in your WHOLE USA.... now do you feel safe?

Honestly, I’ve never felt safe. They have been saying California is going to fall into the ocean since I was in kindergarten. That was the same summer of the night stalker.

But California is a part of who I am. I’m a 4th generation Angelino and this is HOME.

What I'm getting at is we're all spread out here, we don't live on top of each other... animals and humans. We have 9/10 of the most deadly snakes on the planet but spotting one is very rare. No bears or cougars or any big cats.

we fear no animals....not on land at least..

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

I leaned to surf at Bolinas in 1964. It was my main surfing destination, because it was the spot in Marin Co. We were way more concerned about the cold water then the men in the grey suits. I’ve seen fins on the surface a few times before, and a few minor encounters that involved others. Zero life/safety entities here. I got to surf there 3 years ago. Way better with a 4/3 wetsuit with a hood.

OP
OP
Omnipotent

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

I leaned to surf at Bolinas in 1964. It was my main surfing destination, because it was the spot in Marin Co. We were way more concerned about the cold water then the men in the grey suits. I’ve seen fins on the surface a few times before, and a few minor encounters that involved others. Zero life/safety entities here. I got to surf there 3 years ago. Way better with a 4/3 wetsuit with a hood.

THIS is 4 years old...We've had 4-5 shark attack deaths and a few shark maulings since then...This is my state alone and it's worse on the east coast side.

But anyway, if people think they are RARE, they're not looking at statistics.

Unprovoked counts

Unprovoked (total) 114
Non-fatal and unprovoked 87

Fatal and unprovoked 27
Provoked/invalid/sea disaster/boating counts
Provoked/invalid/sea disaster/boating (total) 60
Provoked 19
Invalid 18
Boating 20
Sea Disaster 3

^^^ remember, that is 5 years old

The tracking supports evidence that great white sharks are mostly absent off WA's coast during summer months with a clear increase in numbers during the colder months when humpbacks migrate. Read why the 2019-2021 drumline program failed.
November 2021: A fatal great white shark attack at Port Beach near Fremantle, following two deaths in 2020 near the southern coastal town of Esperance, (see here), is a reminder of a 2014 study predicting two great white fatalities per year in WA waters (see below) after decades without deaths before whale numbers recovered. WA also had two great white fatalities in 2016.

The evidence is consistent that great white shark fatalities are an autumn/winter/spring rather than a summer problem, and the most likely cause are almost two million tonnes of migrating whales that didn't exist a few decades ago, luring great whites to hunt, scavenge and mate around their carcasses.

https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2Ffs%2F5d2303b7-1b39-403e-9b91-d2bed05ee5f9

https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2Ffs%2Fbe1f08fd-569a-4f8f-8274-92a917a94cd0

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
It’s sad when the victim is a kid. Given the fact that life/safety entities do not exist, what’s wrong with the supervisors of those kids? Easy to see why kids and dogs are easy targets.

wizer

Factory Bastard
1/16000 chance of a diver getting attacked.

More chance of getting hit by lightening or a falling vending machine than being attacked by sharks.

A few hundred attacks when there are millions of people in the water is a very low probability occurrence that most statisticians consider to be rare.

I'll just leave this out here and be on my way.

Shark attacks are rare, and almost never deadly The real-life likelihood that you'll have a close encounter with a shark is about 1 in 11.5 million, according to the International Shark Attack File. In fact, you're more likely to be injured in a boating accident or bike wreck than you are in a shark attack