American Soldiers Did Not Die Defending Our Freedom

TheHaze

If my dog doesn't like you, I probably won't eithe
Elite Bastards

knife wielder

Dedicated Deviant
What do you get out of war? What does war do for you?

knife wielder

Dedicated Deviant
How does war improve your life? How has war improved your life?

knife wielder

Dedicated Deviant
How is the country being made better by going to war in a land outrageously far away?

TheHaze

Elite Bastards
How does war improve your life? How has war improved your life?
Trying to make that point with you would be like shoveling shit agaist the tide- - - - - - -

knife wielder

Dedicated Deviant
For Most Americans, U.S. Defense and Foreign Affairs Take Place in a Parallel Universe

"Americans have a unique advantage (or disadvantage, depending on how one looks at it) in experiencing their nation’s defense and foreign affairs, namely, that for the great majority such affairs take place “over there” somewhere, often in a place they can’t locate on a map and about which they know approximately nothing. They don’t have to smell the smoke and the decomposing bodies. They don’t have to hide in holes while their homes are demolished by bombs, rockets, and artillery. Because they have so little first-hand experience, they are vulnerable to being bamboozled by what their leaders tell them about what’s going on halfway around the world."

Source:
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

knife wielder

Dedicated Deviant
For Most Americans, U.S. Defense and Foreign Affairs Take Place in a Parallel Universe

"Americans have a unique advantage (or disadvantage, depending on how one looks at it) in experiencing their nation’s defense and foreign affairs, namely, that for the great majority such affairs take place “over there” somewhere, often in a place they can’t locate on a map and about which they know approximately nothing. They don’t have to smell the smoke and the decomposing bodies. They don’t have to hide in holes while their homes are demolished by bombs, rockets, and artillery. Because they have so little first-hand experience, they are vulnerable to being bamboozled by what their leaders tell them about what’s going on halfway around the world."

Source:
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
You'd be wise to listen closely to anything Robert Higgs has to say about economics, history, the military, the police state, etc.

"The leaders themselves don’t know much, either, notwithstanding the great sums they expend on gathering and analyzing information. Top leaders more or less ignore this intelligence and make their decisions on more personal, immediate, and political grounds. But they don’t need to know much in any event, because they have great power, and even if they don’t really know much about places X, Y, and Z, they can still drop bombs on those places, claim credit for protecting the American people, and hope the situation does not unravel too visibly before the next election."

MasterBlaster

Don't Look At My Dick!
Elite Bastards
Will a mod please tell this fool to stop quoting himself and cluttering up the forum?

Is that such an unusual request?

knife wielder

Dedicated Deviant
You wish you were half as intelligent as Robert Higgs. He's an economic historian who knows a lot about how the government operates.

TheHaze

Elite Bastards

8th Field Hospital

knife wielder

Dedicated Deviant
It has to be frustrating being told soldiers fight and die for nothing.

Top Bottom