Anybody here an electrician?

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
I know nothing about this. If your question was about plumbing I'd know lol

We have an electrician coming to finish rewiring the house next week. We just hired out for that because both my husband and I are afraid of electricity lol.

Kitty Zhang

Factory Bastard
The battery is big enough to burn the house down if it goes haywire. I get that I'm an electrical nonce, too...

I never said to anyone that I understood electricity or ever wanted to touch the stuff.

Bigger wire reduces that chance as far as I can work out, but if I can't work out the fuses and inbuilt system management shit, I fear frying stuff too.

Frying a 30 amp solar regulator is nothing... they can be had for 40-120 AUD...

I just need some guidance of wire loads, fuses, and how to set up a system that has no free accessories or plug ins.
Pay a pro and do it right. Don’t kill your house

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Most motor loads are over fused for the starting load. @ the motor.

OP
OP
Frood

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
The battery is big enough to burn the house down if it goes haywire. I get that I'm an electrical nonce, too...

I never said to anyone that I understood electricity or ever wanted to touch the stuff.

Bigger wire reduces that chance as far as I can work out, but if I can't work out the fuses and inbuilt system management shit, I fear frying stuff too.

Frying a 30 amp solar regulator is nothing... they can be had for 40-120 AUD...

I just need some guidance of wire loads, fuses, and how to set up a system that has no free accessories or plug ins.
Pay a pro and do it right. Don’t kill your house

I figured it out awhile ago. Went with thicker gauge cables and decent blade fuses.

Works quite well.