April is Confederate History Month!

Ice

Cold as Ice
Site Supporter
lolololololol... Not only is Yousef a Liar but he's also an idiot... lolololol

I got a lotta photos with yer face in 'em Sonny.

Even tells people where ya live.

Do you want me to post them for the folks to see?

Yer inta hunting, right?

There's a bunch of photos of youstanding beside some dead moose.

Lemme know.

I'll post them for you if you want.

At least I know who you are, where you live, eh?

Maybe others should too.

Listen up cunt if you have a picture of me with my pants down taking a piss besides a gun then post that fucker up.

Now...

Hey Yousef where's my pissing pic?

@Joe

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Yer inta hunting, right?

Lemme know.

Maybe others should too.

Listen up cunt if you have a picture of me with my pants down taking a piss besides a gun then post that fucker up.

Now...

....so that's what you were doing with yer pants down!

Is that why.

I knew it was you....SONNY!

Glad you'd finally admitted it was you.

Send the photo to BlueBoy Magazine, Pal.

SONNY & ICE are one and the same person, eh?

Thanks for the Confession, SONNY/ICE!

Ice

Cold as Ice
Site Supporter

Yer inta hunting, right?

Lemme know.

Maybe others should too.

Now...

....so that's what you were doing with yer pants down!

Is that why.

I knew it was you....SONNY!

Glad you'd finally admitted it was you.

Send the photo to BlueBoy Magazine, Pal.

SONNY & ICE are one and the same person, eh?

Thanks for the Confession, SONNY/ICE!
Post the pic if you have it, I dare you too.

OP
OP
Blazor

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
Southerners looking for evidence that the Confederacy was a Christian nation needed to look no further than their Constitution. Unlike the U.S. Constitution, which does not mention God, the preamble of the Constitution of the Confederate States of America made a direct appeal to "Almighty God":

We, the people of the Confederate States, each State acting in its sovereign and independent character, in order to form a permanent and federal government, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, and secure the blessing of liberty to ourselves and our posterity—invoking the favor and guidance of Almighty God—do ordain and establish this Constitution for the Confederate States of America.

OP
OP
Blazor

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
Real good read, on Lincoln's Tax War..... the true reason for the war against the South.....

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

OP
OP
Blazor

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
Jim Limber became the first Black
American to be a member of a
Presidential family in February 1864,
when Confederate States President
Jefferson Davis
adopted him, after
rescuing the 8 year-old orphan from being
mistreated at a Black foster home in
Richmond.
Davis registered free papers on Jim
and he played with the other Davis
children in the Confederate White House
during Lincoln’s War. It was not
uncommon in the Old South for Blacks to
take in orphaned Whites or Whites to take
in orphaned Blacks.
Meanwhile, Abraham Lincoln was
shipping 500 Free Blacks to poverty-
stricken Haiti, after telling Black leaders
on August 14, 1862: “There is an
unwillingness on the part of our people
(Northern Whites) for you free Colored
people to remain with us. It is better for
us both, therefore, to be separated.”
Lincoln did not want to live with
Blacks, slave or free, but Jefferson Davis
enjoyed the friendship and fellowship of
Blacks, both slave and free.

Jim_Limber-331x551.jpg

OP
OP
Blazor

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
The Confederate States Army was one of the most diversified Armies in the
world with Black, White, Native Americans, Hispanics, Protestants, Catholics
and Jews fighting side by side against Wall Street's oppressive tax collectors.

Confederates_in_the_44th_Mississippi_1861_with_text-600x462.jpg

Confederate_Veterans_Reunion_Huntsville_Alabama_2-2-1928-600x397.jpg

StandWatie_2-274x306.jpg

First_Lt._Joseph_R._de_la_Garza_3rd_Texas_Infantry-270x313.jpg

Holt_Collier_Dedication_Headstone_3-352x469.jpg

Mexican_Confederate_Captain_Cristobal_Benavides_6-271x321.jpg

Cherokee_1903_New_Orleans_UCV-670x499.jpg

Confederate_Richard_Poplar-297x458.jpg

Black_Confederates_1931_Montgomery_photo_4_cropped-365x423.jpg

1944_Last_Confederate_Reunion-655x528.jpg

OP
OP
Blazor

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
April 6, 2021
Announcement # 5
160th Anniversary of the War for Southern Independence

The month of April of each year is designated as Confederate History and Heritage Month throughout the South and shall be set aside to honor, remember, and revere the history of those who served in in the military forces and all those millions of its citizens of various races and ethnic groups and religions who contributed in sundry and myriad ways to the cause which the Confederate soldier fought for and held so dear.

From its founding on February 4, 1861, in Montgomery, Alabama, until the Confederate ship CSS Shenandoah sailed into Liverpool Harbor and surrendered to British authorities on November 6, 1865, a four-year struggle was fought to secure the independence of the Confederate States of America. This April 12, 2021, marks the 160th Anniversary of the War for Southern Independence with the firing on Fort Sumter in Charleston, South Carolina. As Commander-in-Chief of the Sons of Confederate Veterans, I encourage you to observe this noble time in our history, when men and women of the South stood courageously for liberty even in the face of insurmountable odds. Not a Civil War fought to take over the United States as it is called in history books today, this was war in which Southerners fought to defend their homes and families against an aggressive invasion by federal troops. The South peacefully seceded, just like our founding fathers did in 1776 with England, and all we wanted was to be left alone to govern ourselves. But the North and Abraham Lincoln would not allow the South to peacefully leave because of the taxes and tariffs the South paid. So, the South fought for her liberty, and fought valiantly. It was a war to which we remain connected by the unbreakable bond of our heritage to our Confederate Veteran forefathers, let us never forget them.

Over the next four years, various 160th Anniversary reenactments, memorial services, and a host of living history presentations in schools, parks, and cemeteries will be held all across the Confederation. I also encourage officials and departments of state, county, and municipal governments,boards of education, elementary and secondary schools, colleges and universities, businesses, and all citizens to participate in programs, displays, and activities that commemorate and honor our shared history and cultural inheritance during this time of observance over the next four years. This is a tremendous opportunity for teachers, students, and families to get out and learn more about our Southern culture and its rich heritage. So much is portrayed by Hollywood and the “Cancel Culture” movement today presenting the South as evil; when, in reality, the South was the most peaceful, rural, and Christian part of America before the war and Reconstruction destroyed the pastoral way of life here. We see various municipalities across the Confederation give in and remove our memorials, change school names, and streets because of “wokeness”. Therefore, I ask every Camp, Brigade, and Division, starting this month of April to take advantage of this opportunity to celebrate the positive things about our Southern heritage and culture, as well as to learn from the political dangers that once led to a deep division in America over the role of the federal government in people’s individual lives.”

Starting at 4:30 AM on April 12, let us remember when General P.G.T. Beauregard was forced to give the order to open fire on Fort Sumter to prevent a “Yankee” invasion after he received a report that the federal garrison would be resupplied and reinforced by orders of Abraham Lincoln on that day, a blatant act of aggression upon the sovereignty of the southern people. Let us remember those actions of the federal government that led to a four-year struggle for the South to defend hearth and home from Northern aggression and the loss of live on both sides that numbered over 750,000 men and how it affected those after that conflict that resonates still today throughout the South.

Therefore, I ask all of our Compatriots, both sons and daughters of the South, to proudly display our flag on April 12th thru the 13th in remembrance of those two days of bombardment at Fort Sumter and the struggle that led our ancestors to fight to preserve their culture and heritage for future generations. I also ask that you participate in observances this month and over the next four years that would remember, respect, and revere the sacrifices as well as educating the general population about the truth that our ancestors fought and died for during those four years of conflict.

Thank you for all you do to perpetuate the memory of our Confederate ancestors and the true cause they fought for during that time.

Deo Vindice

OP
OP
Blazor

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
April 9th 1865 Lee surrenders
We lost are country and the right of self government.
160 years later the South is still being subjugated at the hands of centralized Yankee despoted government. But I will always still fight the cause for which they fought and never forget their memory.
Never Forget Deo Vindice.

Headquarters, Army of Northern Virginia, 10th April 1865.
General Order
No. 9

After four years of arduous service marked by unsurpassed courage and fortitude, the Army of Northern Virginia has been compelled to yield to overwhelming numbers and resources.
I need not tell the survivors of so many hard fought battles, who have remained steadfast to the last, that I have consented to the result from no distrust of them.
But feeling that valour and devotion could accomplish nothing that could compensate for the loss that must have attended the continuance of the contest, I have determined to avoid the useless sacrifice of those whose past services have endeared them to their countrymen.
By the terms of the agreement, officers and men can return to their homes and remain until exchanged. You will take with you the satisfaction that proceeds from the consciousness of duty faithfully performed, and I earnestly pray that a merciful God will extend to you his blessing and protection.
With an unceasing admiration of your constancy and devotion to your Country, and a grateful remembrance of your kind and generous consideration for myself, I bid you an affectionate farewell.

— R. E. Lee, General, General Order No. 9

171584141_2230211007113564_3972234477949565545_n.jpg

OP
OP
Blazor

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
This is something most dont know either, the ones that call us traitors. When in fact it was not treasonous at all, but guaranteed in our Constitution. Few know that Virginia, New York, and New Hampshire, were the last states to sign the Constitution. Virginia, the birthplace of freedom, was leery of this new One government system. So, Virginia put in a clause when signing.....

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

And now let’s look at the strongest piece of evidence, of which Senator Judah P. Benjamin referenced in his farewell speech above (“Virginia’s express reservation”):

Three of the original thirteen states were particularly skeptical of the government that the newly-drafted Constitution created and so they ratified it only conditionally. These three states were Virginia and New York, the great powerhouses of the New World, and Rhode Island (tiny, but very liberty-minded). In their ratification documents, adopted at their Ratification Conventions, they specifically and carefully reserved the right of secession. These are referred to as the “Resumption Clauses” or “Resumptive Clauses,” and they are exceedingly important to understand this topic. I attached Virginia’s ratification document at the end of this article. You will see that Virginia conditioned her ratification on several things, including the Right to Secede and on the addition of a Bill of Rights (for which she made a number of suggestions).

Since the other states, which had unconditionally ratified the Constitution, consented to Virginia’s conditional ratification, they “ostensibly assented to the principle that Virginia permissibly retained the right to secede.” This is an essential element of contract law, of which compact theory follows. All negotiations, all conditions, all limitations, all reservations, etc become part of the compact agreement which affects all parties, as long as those negotiations, conditions, limitations, reservations, etc are not rejected by any of the other signing parties. With the additional acceptance of New York’s and Rhode Island’s conditions (their Resumption Clauses; their right to secede), the existing states of the Union clearly, albeit tacitly, accepted the doctrine of secession. Again, this is a matter of contract law, the most firmly-entrenched area of law. Furthermore, according to the Constitution, all States that joined the Union after the first thirteen also had the right of secession since new states entered on an equal footing with the exact same rights as the existing states.

Virginia was the first state to state explicitly that she would only ratify the Constitution as long as she reserved the right to leave the Union so created by it. If Virginia didn’t ratify the Constitution, it was very likely that New York, Rhode Island, and certainly North Carolina also would not. The plan for “a more perfect Union” would be defeated. In her “Ratification of the Constitution by the State of Virginia; June 26, 1788,” the state of Virginia included this express provision: Do in the name and in behalf of the People of Virginia declare and make known that the powers granted under the Constitution being derived from the People of the United States may be resumed by them whensoever the same shall be perverted to their injury or oppression and that every power not granted thereby remains with them and at their will.

To reinforce how strongly Virginia valued that Clause one simply has to look at her Ordinance of Secession from the Union (April 17, 1861). She used the exact wording of her conditional ratification of the US to sever her political bonds with the federal government and to resume all her sovereign powers and rights to determine a new and more favorable government for her people.

Much much more in the link above^^^

OP
OP
Blazor

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
The right of secession was enshrined in The Declaration of Independence.

The revolutionary right of secession is based on the Declaration of Independence and the philosophy of Thomas Jefferson and John Locke, “that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of the ends for which it was established, it is the right of the people to alter or abolish it, and to institute new government, ….. ”

These words come directly from the Declaration of Independence. This passage was also used, verbatim, in South Carolina’s Declaration of the Immediate Causes Which Induce and Justify the Secession of South Carolina from the Federal Union. A similar sentiment was expressed by Abraham Lincoln in 1847 on the floor of the United States House of Representatives:

“Any people, anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable, a most sacred right, a right which we hope and believe is to liberate the world.”

OP
OP
Blazor

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
Such a good song, telling of how it was, what we were fighting for, I love it.

I'll place my knapsack on my back
My rifle on my shoulder
I'll march away to the firing line
And kill that Yankee soldier

I'll bid farewell to my wife and child
Farewell to my aged mother
And go and join in the bloody strife
Till this cruel war is over
I'll go and join in the bloody strife

If I am shot on the battlefield
And I should not recover
Oh, who will protect my wife and child
And care for my aged mother
Oh, who will protect my wife and child

And if our Southern cause is lost
And Southern rights denied us
We'll be ground beneath the tyrant's heel
For our demands of justice
We'll be ground beneath the tyrant's heel

Before the South shall bow her head
Before the tyrants harm us
I'll give my all to the Southern cause
And die in the Southern army
I'll give my all to the Southern cause

If I must die for my home and land
My spirit will not falter
Oh, here's my heart and here's my hand
Upon my country's altar
Upon my country's altar
Oh, here's my heart and here's my hand
Upon my country's altar

Then Heaven be with us in the strife
Be with the Southern soldier
We'll drive the mercenary horde
Beyond our Southern border
We'll drive the mercenary horde

So, I'll place my knapsack on my back
My rifle on my shoulder

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Blazor, in retrospect the biggest flaw I can see in the South's strategy was that it did not officially free its slaves, or at least provide or at least promise them with a limited path to freedom. It would have given them an incentive to remain loyal to the Confederacy instead of joining the Union Army.

Had the South done so by countering Lincoln's Emancipation Proclamation, then the outcome of the War might have been quite different. Following that Proclamation, Lincoln was able to add badly needed manpower of ex-slaves to the Union's ranks, giving them a distinct advantage over the South.

And that probably marked a major turning point of the Civil War.

Even if Lincoln's proclmation was a cynical ploy, it nevertheless worked to the Union's advantage. It's noteworthy that the Northern States never really had it in mind to give the Slaves much if anything in return for their service. The lot of slaves was dismal after the Civil War, even in the North where they also faced violence and lynchings. Even the militant Black Leader Malcom X, said this occured in Michigan where he was born, which had as large a KKK membership as many states in the South.

Anyways, I think the Southern General who advocated at least in principle, freeing the slaves to give the South the manpower advantage was James Longstreet, wasn't it?

19534211591_0f493dac97_k.jpg

So he was ahead of his time as he could see what was coming.

Last edited:

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
The muslim slave trade in black Africans actually transported and worked to death some where between ten and twenty times as many people as the transatlantic slave trade over its entire history and that isn't even counting Muslim enslavement of whites.

I believe it's still going on in Africa.

Not that it justifies the Confederacy, but Arab Muslims treated and still threat their Black slaves way worse than Southerners did.

The Worst part about them, is they don't even apologize about it & sometimes even use passages from the Koran to justify slavery. While many White Southerners feel guilty about the past, many Muslims don't even feel guilty about the Present.

The Prophet Mohammed was a huge slaveowner, and held many Black slaves in bondage.

That video started out with a lie and I didn't bother watching it after that. "Every 28 hours an unarmed black man is shot down by a white cop for no reason!" Actually there were 11 unarmed black men shot by police (not just white police but all police" in 2019 and I vestigations determined nine of them were justified with just three being unjustified.

It is hard to take a source seriously after such a blatant lie.

Oh. I didn't really look at the rest of the video.

Jus that it remakred how the Prophet Mohammed had Black slaves & therefore implies that even for some of today's Muslims, this justifies the modern Slave Trade in Africa.

Here's something that's more to the point:

Commentator not only points out that not only did the Prophet own slaves, endorsed such a system, but also seemed to view Black Slaves as lesser than Arab ones or those with lighter skins. He would stoop so low as to offer 2 Black slaves for the price of 1 lighter skinned one.

This is likely that while Slavery has been abolished in the West, a large number of Muslim countries still condone it. Because their prophet said it was OK.

To be fair, I condone slavery. Because God does.

My uncle made a joke earlier, he said "back then, we fed them, clothed them, and housed them, and in return they worked for us. Now, we feed them, clothe them, and house them, and dont get anything in return" hahahaha.

They brought that "property" shit on themselves. First person in the 1600s to go to court, and claim a slave as property indefinitely, was a BLACK man! Anthony Johnson.

I think indentured servitude was a good thing, having a slave was something else, but as long as they were treated good, I dont see it as a bad thing. A lot of them didnt know what to do when freed, and barely got by. A lot died of starvation and bad living conditions.

All because of Lincoln.

He cared not for the slaves. He only did what he did half way into the war in hopes of starting a slave revolt against the Confederates, much like what the British tried to do, and they didnt, they still fought with their masters.

You're a bad person.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Southerners looking for evidence that the Confederacy was a Christian nation needed to look no further than their Constitution. Unlike the U.S. Constitution, which does not mention God, the preamble of the Constitution of the Confederate States of America made a direct appeal to "Almighty God":

We, the people of the Confederate States, each State acting in its sovereign and independent character, in order to form a permanent and federal government, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, and secure the blessing of liberty to ourselves and our posterity—invoking the favor and guidance of Almighty God—do ordain and establish this Constitution for the Confederate States of America.

AHa! So the US is NOT a Christian country, after all.

OP
OP
Blazor

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
The muslim slave trade in black Africans actually transported and worked to death some where between ten and twenty times as many people as the transatlantic slave trade over its entire history and that isn't even counting Muslim enslavement of whites.

I believe it's still going on in Africa.

Not that it justifies the Confederacy, but Arab Muslims treated and still threat their Black slaves way worse than Southerners did.

The Worst part about them, is they don't even apologize about it & sometimes even use passages from the Koran to justify slavery. While many White Southerners feel guilty about the past, many Muslims don't even feel guilty about the Present.

The Prophet Mohammed was a huge slaveowner, and held many Black slaves in bondage.

That video started out with a lie and I didn't bother watching it after that. "Every 28 hours an unarmed black man is shot down by a white cop for no reason!" Actually there were 11 unarmed black men shot by police (not just white police but all police" in 2019 and I vestigations determined nine of them were justified with just three being unjustified.

It is hard to take a source seriously after such a blatant lie.

Oh. I didn't really look at the rest of the video.

Jus that it remakred how the Prophet Mohammed had Black slaves & therefore implies that even for some of today's Muslims, this justifies the modern Slave Trade in Africa.

Here's something that's more to the point:

Commentator not only points out that not only did the Prophet own slaves, endorsed such a system, but also seemed to view Black Slaves as lesser than Arab ones or those with lighter skins. He would stoop so low as to offer 2 Black slaves for the price of 1 lighter skinned one.

This is likely that while Slavery has been abolished in the West, a large number of Muslim countries still condone it. Because their prophet said it was OK.

To be fair, I condone slavery. Because God does.

My uncle made a joke earlier, he said "back then, we fed them, clothed them, and housed them, and in return they worked for us. Now, we feed them, clothe them, and house them, and dont get anything in return" hahahaha.

They brought that "property" shit on themselves. First person in the 1600s to go to court, and claim a slave as property indefinitely, was a BLACK man! Anthony Johnson.

I think indentured servitude was a good thing, having a slave was something else, but as long as they were treated good, I dont see it as a bad thing. A lot of them didnt know what to do when freed, and barely got by. A lot died of starvation and bad living conditions.

All because of Lincoln.

He cared not for the slaves. He only did what he did half way into the war in hopes of starting a slave revolt against the Confederates, much like what the British tried to do, and they didnt, they still fought with their masters.

You're a bad person.

How so?

OP
OP
Blazor

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter

Its not "Christian" according to the US Constitution, as in it does not reference any particular religion, but instead says in the first Amendment that there is freedom of religion.

OP
OP
Blazor

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter

Blazor, in retrospect the biggest flaw I can see in the South's strategy was that it did not officially free its slaves, or at least provide or at least promise them with a limited path to freedom. It would have given them an incentive to remain loyal to the Confederacy instead of joining the Union Army.

Had the South done so by countering Lincoln's Emancipation Proclamation, then the outcome of the War might have been quite different. Following that Proclamation, Lincoln was able to add badly needed manpower of ex-slaves to the Union's ranks, giving them a distinct advantage over the South.

And that probably marked a major turning point of the Civil War.

Even if Lincoln's proclmation was a cynical ploy, it nevertheless worked to the Union's advantage. It's noteworthy that the Northern States never really had it in mind to give the Slaves much if anything in return for their service. The lot of slaves was dismal after the Civil War, even in the North where they also faced violence and lynchings. Even the militant Black Leader Malcom X, said this occured in Michigan where he was born, which had as large a KKK membership as many states in the South.

Anyways, I think the Southern General who advocated at least in principle, freeing the slaves to give the South the manpower advantage was James Longstreet, wasn't it?

19534211591_0f493dac97_k.jpg

So he was ahead of his time as he could see what was coming.

Here is the thing Joe, the only slaves that were freed with the Emancipation Proclamation, were the slaves in the South, the states Lincoln had no control over. He even stated it was a war tactic. He was hoping they would cause a rebellion, much like the British had tried doing in 1776. The North still kept their slaves, up until the "revised" 13th amendment. The original 13th, the Corwin Amendment, that was passed by the Northern states, allowed slavery forever in the Constitution.

But they did not rebel against their masters, and still stuck by them, loyally. ALL races down here fought together.

Hell Sherman was killing slaves too down here. He pushed them into the ocean with bayonets to drown them, to "save on ammo".

Another war tactic reason Lincoln did the EP, was because of other countries wanting to help the South. By claiming it was a fight for slavery, those countries backed off.

I think Robert E. Lee would of freed them as well, for he was quoted saying how slavery was evil, and that if he owned them all, he would free them.

The problem with freeing them in the South, was they were trying to figure out how to do it. A lot of money was tied up in them. Plus they needed to be educated to support themselves. By forcing them free into the world with nothing, like the Union did, was horrible. A lot of them died of starvation and disease because of that, with them having no way to support themselves. Hell the Union built mud huts, with no heat or anything, holes in the walls, and said "here ya go, y'all free".

I still say slavery was not the cause of the war, and should be a totally different discussion aside from the War of Northern Aggression.

I also say that it wasnt simply South vs North. Cause prior to the war, it was about STATES. Virginia and a few other states did not secede at first, not until the Union wanted them to provide troops to attack the citizens of the South. Thats when they decided "nah, we aint killing our kin", and seceded.

Man, I can go on and on lol.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Look idiot, the Declaration established the nation upon God's authority. What God? The One and Only God, The God of Creation and Israel. This is backed up by reams of the founders writings just as the 2nd Amendment being for the armed overthrow of the government is, just as the right of people to disband their current government is.

OP
OP
Blazor

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter

Look idiot, the Declaration established the nation upon God's authority. What God? The One and Only God, The God of Creation and Israel. This is backed up by reams of the founders writings just as the 2nd Amendment being for the armed overthrow of the government is, just as the right of people to disband their current government is.

Here ya go.....

When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. — Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government. The history of the present King of Great Britain is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute Tyranny over these States. To prove this, let Facts be submitted to a candid world.

He has refused his Assent to Laws, the most wholesome and necessary for the public good.

He has forbidden his Governors to pass Laws of immediate and pressing importance, unless suspended in their operation till his Assent should be obtained; and when so suspended, he has utterly neglected to attend to them.

He has refused to pass other Laws for the accommodation of large districts of people, unless those people would relinquish the right of Representation in the Legislature, a right inestimable to them and formidable to tyrants only.

He has called together legislative bodies at places unusual, uncomfortable, and distant from the depository of their Public Records, for the sole purpose of fatiguing them into compliance with his measures.

He has dissolved Representative Houses repeatedly, for opposing with manly firmness his invasions on the rights of the people.

He has refused for a long time, after such dissolutions, to cause others to be elected, whereby the Legislative Powers, incapable of Annihilation, have returned to the People at large for their exercise; the State remaining in the mean time exposed to all the dangers of invasion from without, and convulsions within.

He has endeavoured to prevent the population of these States; for that purpose obstructing the Laws for Naturalization of Foreigners; refusing to pass others to encourage their migrations hither, and raising the conditions of new Appropriations of Lands.

He has obstructed the Administration of Justice by refusing his Assent to Laws for establishing Judiciary Powers.

He has made Judges dependent on his Will alone for the tenure of their offices, and the amount and payment of their salaries.

He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance.

He has kept among us, in times of peace, Standing Armies without the Consent of our legislatures.

He has affected to render the Military independent of and superior to the Civil Power.

He has combined with others to subject us to a jurisdiction foreign to our constitution, and unacknowledged by our laws; giving his Assent to their Acts of pretended Legislation:

For quartering large bodies of armed troops among us:

For protecting them, by a mock Trial from punishment for any Murders which they should commit on the Inhabitants of these States:

For cutting off our Trade with all parts of the world:

For imposing Taxes on us without our Consent:

For depriving us in many cases, of the benefit of Trial by Jury:

For transporting us beyond Seas to be tried for pretended offences:

For abolishing the free System of English Laws in a neighbouring Province, establishing therein an Arbitrary government, and enlarging its Boundaries so as to render it at once an example and fit instrument for introducing the same absolute rule into these Colonies

For taking away our Charters, abolishing our most valuable Laws and altering fundamentally the Forms of our Governments:

For suspending our own Legislatures, and declaring themselves invested with power to legislate for us in all cases whatsoever.

He has abdicated Government here, by declaring us out of his Protection and waging War against us.

He has plundered our seas, ravaged our coasts, burnt our towns, and destroyed the lives of our people.

He is at this time transporting large Armies of foreign Mercenaries to compleat the works of death, desolation, and tyranny, already begun with circumstances of Cruelty & Perfidy scarcely paralleled in the most barbarous ages, and totally unworthy the Head of a civilized nation.

He has constrained our fellow Citizens taken Captive on the high Seas to bear Arms against their Country, to become the executioners of their friends and Brethren, or to fall themselves by their Hands.

He has excited domestic insurrections amongst us, and has endeavoured to bring on the inhabitants of our frontiers, the merciless Indian Savages whose known rule of warfare, is an undistinguished destruction of all ages, sexes and conditions.

In every stage of these Oppressions We have Petitioned for Redress in the most humble terms: Our repeated Petitions have been answered only by repeated injury. A Prince, whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a Tyrant, is unfit to be the ruler of a free people.

Nor have We been wanting in attentions to our British brethren. We have warned them from time to time of attempts by their legislature to extend an unwarrantable jurisdiction over us. We have reminded them of the circumstances of our emigration and settlement here. We have appealed to their native justice and magnanimity, and we have conjured them by the ties of our common kindred to disavow these usurpations, which would inevitably interrupt our connections and correspondence. They too have been deaf to the voice of justice and of consanguinity. We must, therefore, acquiesce in the necessity, which denounces our Separation, and hold them, as we hold the rest of mankind, Enemies in War, in Peace Friends.

We, therefore, the Representatives of the united States of America, in General Congress, Assembled, appealing to the Supreme Judge of the world for the rectitude of our intentions, do, in the Name, and by Authority of the good People of these Colonies, solemnly publish and declare, That these united Colonies are, and of Right ought to be Free and Independent States, that they are Absolved from all Allegiance to the British Crown, and that all political connection between them and the State of Great Britain, is and ought to be totally dissolved; and that as Free and Independent States, they have full Power to levy War, conclude Peace, contract Alliances, establish Commerce, and to do all other Acts and Things which Independent States may of right do. — And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes, and our sacred Honor.

OP
OP
Blazor

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
To note, Henry Lee, was one of the Virginian signers of the Declaration of Independence. His grandson fought with George Washington. That grandson, was the father of Robert E. Lee.

OP
OP
Blazor

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter