April is Confederate History Month!

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
The muslim slave trade in black Africans actually transported and worked to death some where between ten and twenty times as many people as the transatlantic slave trade over its entire history and that isn't even counting Muslim enslavement of whites.

I believe it's still going on in Africa.

Not that it justifies the Confederacy, but Arab Muslims treated and still threat their Black slaves way worse than Southerners did.

The Worst part about them, is they don't even apologize about it & sometimes even use passages from the Koran to justify slavery. While many White Southerners feel guilty about the past, many Muslims don't even feel guilty about the Present.

The Prophet Mohammed was a huge slaveowner, and held many Black slaves in bondage.

That video started out with a lie and I didn't bother watching it after that. "Every 28 hours an unarmed black man is shot down by a white cop for no reason!" Actually there were 11 unarmed black men shot by police (not just white police but all police" in 2019 and I vestigations determined nine of them were justified with just three being unjustified.

It is hard to take a source seriously after such a blatant lie.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
The muslim slave trade in black Africans actually transported and worked to death some where between ten and twenty times as many people as the transatlantic slave trade over its entire history and that isn't even counting Muslim enslavement of whites.

Not that it justifies the Confederacy, but Arab Muslims treated and still threat their Black slaves way worse than Southerners did.

The Worst part about them, is they don't even apologize about it & sometimes even use passages from the Koran to justify slavery. While many White Southerners feel guilty about the past, many Muslims don't even feel guilty about the Present.

The Prophet Mohammed was a huge slaveowner, and held many Black slaves in bondage.

That video started out with a lie and I didn't bother watching it after that. "Every 28 hours an unarmed black man is shot down by a white cop for no reason!" Actually there were 11 unarmed black men shot by police (not just white police but all police" in 2019 and I vestigations determined nine of them were justified with just three being unjustified.

Oh. I didn't really look at the rest of the video.

Jus that it remakred how the Prophet Mohammed had Black slaves & therefore implies that even for some of today's Muslims, this justifies the modern Slave Trade in Africa.

Here's something that's more to the point:

Commentator not only points out that not only did the Prophet own slaves, endorsed such a system, but also seemed to view Black Slaves as lesser than Arab ones or those with lighter skins. He would stoop so low as to offer 2 Black slaves for the price of 1 lighter skinned one.

This is likely that while Slavery has been abolished in the West, a large number of Muslim countries still condone it. Because their prophet said it was OK.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Blazor

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
I've often found Confederate era antiques to be intriguing due to their scarcity & highly elusive collectibility.

There simply isn't much of it around. Not much was made/produced, a good deal must have gotten destroyed during the War or upheaval.

This CSA era uniform went for a cool $85,000 USD:

rs=w:600,h:600

Im gonna have one made. I know a guy, with the Sons of Confederate Veterans that I go to, his wife makes them.

I saw an original Confederate uniform on the Internet that was selling for less than $20,000.

Is that more in line with your budget?

I wish lol. This one Im having made wont cost much.

Did you know, a lot of Southerners fought wearing Revolutionary War uniforms? It wasnt even 100 years earlier. Those wearing them were because they likened it to fighting for freedom and liberty, much like their grandfathers just recently had.

I think a lot of them didn't even have uniforms.

Probably just the upper ranks and the rich plantation class?

Which means that those uniforms would be even more scarce & extremely difficult to find.

But...they're still cheaper than a vintage Honus Wagner baseball card printed on cheap card stock,

So...for every square inch of fabric they're made of, they're a better buy I think.

Plus each is one of a kind.

Thats exactly it, most did not have uniforms. They fought til their clothes they left home with were ragged.

Can you imagine, marching in the winter with no shoes and ragged clothes?

They kept going, because they loved their families. The majority of Southerners simply were fighting defending the ones they loved, as the Union was killing civilians.

They won by mostly starving us out and cutting off our supplies.

OP
OP
Blazor

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
Confederate Memorial Day is still celebrated in number of states of the US South:

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Locally, its usually celebrated the last weekend of April here. They playing the political game cause of Covid, so who knows if its happening. I know I will be there!!! With my flag flying high!!!

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Confederate Memorial Day is still celebrated in number of states of the US South:

Locally, its usually celebrated the last weekend of April here. They playing the political game cause of Covid, so who knows if its happening. I know I will be there!!! With my flag flying high!!!

I'm more interested as as a tourist/bystander not a participant.
Not siding with who was right or wrng.

I disagree with those who are tearing down those monuments because hey...maybe other people wanna look at them.
And 'Cancel Culture' is taking htose thing away for future enerations to examine.
Why are they doing that? I remember I ssaw this old confederate fort at Key West years ago, but maybe Cancel Culture will shut that down too.

They're trying to re-write history rather than accept that it happened.

While I agree that perhaps the previous rendition/version of this history was a bit pollyannish and biased to pro Confederate types, it still doesn't give Cancel Culture types the right to remove it.

They're just playing revisionsist history by trying to re-wrie it, which in itself is a dangerous concept.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Jus that it remakred how the Prophet Mohammed had Black slaves & therefore implies that even for some of today's Muslims, this justifies the modern Slave Trade in Africa.

Commentator not only points out that not only did the Prophet own slaves, endorsed such a system, but also seemed to view Black Slaves as lesser than Arab ones or those with lighter skins. He would stoop so low as to offer 2 Black slaves for the price of 1 lighter skinned one.

This is likely that while Slavery has been abolished in the West, a large number of Muslim countries still condone it. Because their prophet said it was OK.

To be fair, I condone slavery. Because God does.

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter

No she doesn’t!

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

No she doesn’t!

First off, God is and has been male. Thats why HE made man in HIS image. Women came after and are subservient to men or else.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
It's become one of those taboo things in the States I guess.
Sort of like how you Canucks abuse the native people.
Now there's a campaign for you to get on the bandwagon of, Joseph.
There's no native people in North America, anyway you don't argur for the native in Europe do you hollighey...
Don't I, SHAMWOW! ?
Maybe you can ask any of my long time board associates how wrong you are....again.
So I'm meant to know every post you've ever made anywhere on the internet? I only know what I see and no, never ever have I seen you do that... The first nations peoples who you wrongly describe as indigenous built nothing and were savages, I think a lot of them and agree they deserve everything they already have... So what about the Europeans having the same luxury in THIER homelands, what's your feelings?

Actually you have an interesting point.

Europeans are the indigenous peoples of their own continent.

But this is never pointed out.

Europe isn't a melting point like North America.

Hence, it tends to be more culturally rigid and hostile to outsiders who try to tamper with or re-arrange the existing social/cultural order.
It's all down to Europeans though, created everything worthy of note... Take my country of only 5million, TV, PHONE,PENICILLIN use, FOOTBALL, GOLF, KILTS. INTERNET and whiskey to name a few... Can I cry cultural appropriation when someone of non Euro decent uses any of that or does it just apply to white kids wearing Moana costumes etc

My Favorite Hollywood Cultural Appropriation Scene...

...non Scots performing as them with fake accents

Perhaps a few historical inaccuracies evident as well. (?)

I could get there in two hours, beautiful place and world class fishing if you know where to go, it's salt water and gigantic skate are to be had...

I've been there. It's really absolutely fucking gorgeous up there.

Yeah It has an atmosphere that goes deep... It's good for the soul...

It really is incredibly stunning. I was only there once, and always swore I'd go back. We drove from Edinburgh up to Drumnadrochit and over to Isle of Skye. When Covid backs off, maybe I'll make it again.

If you're planning it, I could point you to a few little places that tourists always miss, the best wee stopping points...

That would be awesome.

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter

No she doesn’t!

First off, God is and has been male. Thats why HE made man in HIS image. Women came after and are subservient to men or else.

No, no, no...you have it all wrong. Women came before men, just look at the blueprints. Men have evolved from women, it’s basic biology. So if there was such a thing as God, naturally it would be a female. Men aren’t as smart as women.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

No she doesn’t!

No, no, no...you have it all wrong. Women came before men, just look at the blueprints. Men have evolved from women, it’s basic biology. So if there was such a thing as God, naturally it would be a female. Men aren’t as smart as women.

Bitch, you dont have to like it and who really cares anyway. Your ass is heading straight to hell when you die.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Well then you, a self-proclaimed God fearing Christian are no better than Muslims who support iSlavery n their countries, Lokmeer.

You said time and time again that you hate Islam, but you're basically on the same page with Mohammed and his followers.

They still have slavery in the Muslim World. Maybe you oughta move there since they're more like you

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter

No she doesn’t!

Bitch, you dont have to like it and who really cares anyway. Your ass is heading straight to hell when you die.

Married to the wrong woman is hell. I’m in heaven now. :ThumbsUp1:

OP
OP
Blazor

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter

I disagree with those who are tearing down those monuments because hey...maybe other people wanna look at them.
And 'Cancel Culture' is taking htose thing away for future enerations to examine.
Why are they doing that? I remember I ssaw this old confederate fort at Key West years ago, but maybe Cancel Culture will shut that down too.

While I agree that perhaps the previous rendition/version of this history was a bit pollyannish and biased to pro Confederate types, it still doesn't give Cancel Culture types the right to remove it.

They're just playing revisionsist history by trying to re-wrie it, which in itself is a dangerous concept.

Sure, you'd be welcome to be a bystander. But around there, you better side with the South hahahaha. History runs deep here, big time.

They use to have reenactments in the streets lol. I've been asked if I'd be interested, and as soon as covid over, Im gonna do it.

Its funny, the town would have a parade, and the town made them pick up their horse poop as they marched. They had the shit shoveler wear a Yankee uniform, and had a woman with a pistol to his back, making him do it hahahahaha.

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter

Sure, you'd be welcome to be a bystander. But around there, you better side with the South hahahaha. History runs deep here, big time.

They use to have reenactments in the streets lol. I've been asked if I'd be interested, and as soon as covid over, Im gonna do it.

Its funny, the town would have a parade, and the town made them pick up their horse poop as they marched. They had the shit shoveler wear a Yankee uniform, and had a woman with a pistol to his back, making him do it hahahahaha.
Rock n Roll! Take ya fiddle too! :ThumbsUp1:

OP
OP
Blazor

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter

My uncle made a joke earlier, he said "back then, we fed them, clothed them, and housed them, and in return they worked for us. Now, we feed them, clothe them, and house them, and dont get anything in return" hahahaha.

They brought that "property" shit on themselves. First person in the 1600s to go to court, and claim a slave as property indefinitely, was a BLACK man! Anthony Johnson.

I think indentured servitude was a good thing, having a slave was something else, but as long as they were treated good, I dont see it as a bad thing. A lot of them didnt know what to do when freed, and barely got by. A lot died of starvation and bad living conditions.

All because of Lincoln.

He cared not for the slaves. He only did what he did half way into the war in hopes of starting a slave revolt against the Confederates, much like what the British tried to do, and they didnt, they still fought with their masters.

OP
OP
Blazor

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter

Oh I will!!!! I been learning Dixie!!!!

After that I want to learn Southern Soldier. I know the lyrics, but not the fiddle part, cause only that one band plays it like that. That song originally did not have music to it, just the lyrics.

I was playing all my songs at a family dinner earlier. It was great seeing kids dancing and feet tapping along while I played lol.

Hold on a moment, I'll do ya up what I know of Dixie so far. I only can do the first half.......

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter

After that I want to learn Southern Soldier. I know the lyrics, but not the fiddle part, cause only that one band plays it like that. That song originally did not have music to it, just the lyrics.

I was playing all my songs at a family dinner earlier. It was great seeing kids dancing and feet tapping along while I played lol.

Hold on a moment, I'll do ya up what I know of Dixie so far. I only can do the first half.......
Right on, right on!

OP
OP
Blazor

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter

Right on, right on!

Cut me a lil slack, I just started learning it not long ago. I only know the first half so I sang the other half lol

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter

Right on, right on!

Cut me a lil slack, I just started learning it not long ago. I only know the first half so I sang the other half lol

More southern drawl Blaze, yeeeeeeeeeeaAAH! :ThumbsUp1:

OP
OP
Blazor

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
A quick history on the actual Confederate flags. The one you mostly commonly see, is the battle flag of Northern Virginia, flown by Lee. All loved Lee. So it became a symbol of the South. Lee was an Honorable man, a respected man, a good man. All followed Lee. When asked to attack civilians, he said no, and resigned the Union army, joining the South.

iu

Here are the actual Confederate flags....

conflags.jpg

OP
OP
Blazor

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter

Right on, right on!

More southern drawl Blaze, yeeeeeeeeeeaAAH! :ThumbsUp1:

You know me!!!! Wooooooooooooooooo! lol (cheers)

OP
OP
Blazor

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
Did you know that the bombing of Pearl Harbour by the Japanese was based off the strategies from U.S. Grant’s memoirs?

I think I recall hearing something like that.

A lot of battles after the Civil War, the US used a lot of Southern tactics as well.

Also, the War of Northern Aggression as we call it down South here, was the most Americans killed ever in battle, more than all wars we've been in since combined. And thats not including the civilians killed.

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
Did you know that the bombing of Pearl Harbour by the Japanese was based off the strategies from U.S. Grant’s memoirs?

I think I recall hearing something like that.

A lot of battles after the Civil War, the US used a lot of Southern tactics as well.

Also, the War of Northern Aggression as we call it down South here, was the most Americans killed ever in battle, more than all wars we've been in since combined. And thats not including the civilians killed.
Crying shame.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Well then you, a self-proclaimed God fearing Christian are no better than Muslims who support iSlavery n their countries, Lokmeer.

You said time and time again that you hate Islam, but you're basically on the same page with Mohammed and his followers.

They still have slavery in the Muslim World. Maybe you oughta move there since they're more like you

Sorry josephine, some people should be slaves. Otherwise, they'd starve. Maybe if you ever bothered to read the Bible, you'd see the value and virtues of slavery.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

No she doesn’t!

Agreed 100%! My first wife was a filthy piece of shit. I got awarded sole custody during the divorce proceedings. Dead beat whore didnt pay her fukin support. I should have been allowed to burn her to death in public. My current wife is an incredible person! A much better person than me, really.

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter

No she doesn’t!

Agreed 100%! My first wife was a filthy piece of shit. I got awarded sole custody during the divorce proceedings. Dead beat whore didnt pay her fukin support. I should have been allowed to burn her to death in public. My current wife is an incredible person! A much better person than me, really.

Hey my first wife took the fucking cake! When I married the cunt I thought that I was the second husband. She forgot to mention that I was really the third...I think she’s up to husband 5 now. Giddy bitch.