Basketball Final Four Thread

1Holliday1

Banned
Banned
Kansas/Villanova - 6:09 Eastern on TBS

UNC/Duke - 8:49 - also on TBS

I'm a NovaCats fan and believe they would have been the better team and had the better chance of beating Kansas prior to the loss of their guard Justin Moore to injury. They are not deep enough to handle the inside play of the Jayhawks which I think will get the Cats front line in foul trouble or cause them to play lax defense early. They can still keep it close and hope for less than peak play from Kansas. Two excellent teams.

I like the TarHeels against Duke. Again I think the inside play will dictate the results and the 2 UNC studs will be too much for the Duke standout......
...but don't bet against the Coach K/Disney factor.

At present both Kansas and Duke favored by 4.

OP
OP
1Holliday1

1Holliday1

Banned
Banned
No predicts? Come on peeples. If my picks were bets they're be be less than 50% chance of paying off. But they aren't so it's a 50/50 crapshoot - either they're right or they're wrong.

PS: T minus 1 hr. to tipoff.

Admin.

All that glitters, is not gold.
Site Supporter ☠️
e152fb96-a36e-4be9-8761-cf0c55fce6d0_text.gif

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️
If they can cut this thing to under 10 by the half, and come out strong in the second, that would give the Cats some serious momentum.

OP
OP
1Holliday1

1Holliday1

Banned
Banned
If they can cut this thing to under 10 by the half, and come out strong in the second, that would give the Cats some serious momentum.
.Serious uphill challenge, though
I want to believe.

PS: well see - my analysis was completely sort of wrong - maybe.
Cats stay'd out of foul trouble - oh wait, I say'd they might play soft interior D in order to do that, but the Kansas guard nailed all the 3's. He's a good player and really the difference now, along with the loss of Moore which limited Cats defensive pressure.

Last edited:
OP
OP
1Holliday1

1Holliday1

Banned
Banned
Apey, did you check it out?

AT&T's Lily was spreading corporate propaganda about the origins of the term Final 4.
Here is proof positive:

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

The term "final four" is most often used in the United States and in sports heavily influenced by that country; elsewhere, only the term "semi-finals" is in common use. Previously, it was believed that the phrase "final four" first appeared in print in a 1975 article for the Official Collegiate Basketball Guide, whose author Ed Chay was a sportswriter for the
. Chay stated that the
basketball team "was one of the final four" during
. The myth that "final four" was first used in 1975 is refuted by the fact that the term "final four" was in widespread use in descriptions of the NCAA basketball tournament by the 1960s.

...or...was she tongue in cheekin it?

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️
Apey, did you check it out?

AT&T's Lily was spreading corporate propaganda about the origins of the term Final 4.
Here is proof positive:

The term "final four" is most often used in the United States and in sports heavily influenced by that country; elsewhere, only the term "semi-finals" is in common use. Previously, it was believed that the phrase "final four" first appeared in print in a 1975 article for the Official Collegiate Basketball Guide, whose author Ed Chay was a sportswriter for the
. Chay stated that the
basketball team "was one of the final four" during
. The myth that "final four" was first used in 1975 is refuted by the fact that the term "final four" was in widespread use in descriptions of the NCAA basketball tournament by the 1960s.

...or...was she tongue in cheekin it?
My first thought involved motor boating. As per your query, probably.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️
OP
OP
1Holliday1

1Holliday1

Banned
Banned
Championship Game tonight 9:20 Eastern..............9 fuckin 20

I really liked that when I lived on the west coast.
Monday Night Football at 5:30.

In the east you could watch 3 quarters and then have to get to sleep so you could get up for Tuesday work.

If course, that's no longer a concern as I have a luxury life where I don't answer to "the man",
as I told him "Take this job and shove it".

I had say'd at the start of the tourney that Kansas was the legit overall #1 so I'm not surprised that they are in the big game. NC was sort of out-of-nowhere and have been really impressive, both frontcourt and backcourt.
..but as a rooting interest (other than rooting for a well play's game) I'm going with the non-ACC team.

Fuck the ACC.

OP
OP
1Holliday1

1Holliday1

Banned
Banned
So no replies here - You all must be very busy making some pretty fancy hoordooverz ahead of the game.

T minus 25 minutes.

PS: Congrats to the Lady South Carolinians.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️
Sorry it took me longer to dig up my roasted pig than I expected, I had a Junior High Teacher that came from Kansas, so what the hay, Kansas.