Fuck stocks, basketball cards is where the money is

Master

Won't post at a forum CDunce has a panel at
Site Supporter
Yes, I was in on the Gamestop stock run only because crippling those hedge fund gimps sounded like fun.

The money I made off it tho? Going right into basketball cards.

Yes, trading cards are at their height in popularity. Seriously, the pandemic has turned idiot sport fans stuck in their homes into card collectors who just found out that a 20 dollar box of cards at Walmart could maybe have a card worth thousands inside.

Don't believe me? Go to Walmart and see if there's any sports cards there.

There isn't.

I made a killing last month on cards I purchased right before the pandemic hit. Prizm basketball in particular and any basketball as a whole. Blaster boxes, the 20 dollar boxes they sell at walmart, from last year's Prizm basketball now go for almost 500 bucks. There's only 32 cards in the fucking box and they go for almost 500 bucks.

Yes, your chances of making 500 back are slim. The only way you will is if you get a prizm silver of either a big time rookie or lebron and there's only two silver prizm per box.

But if you got a Zion silver? You just made about 4500.

And the great thing about it? Zion silver prizm are pretty plentiful. I had three of them.

Long story short, invest in basketball cards. And if you see basketball cards at retail, buy them. All of them.

KiNG$LEY♛

Super Dominate Male
Who exactly is paying 4500 for a prism card when they can buy a box themselves?
How much basketball card profit you made in the last 3 years?

The money is in real estate kid.

OP
OP
Master

Master

Won't post at a forum CDunce has a panel at
Site Supporter

Everyone is buying. Boxes are going for astronomical prices and many are just buying the card they want.

As for profit, the market just exploded on account of the pandemic. Gains have quadrupled.

I made 45k off of six cards in December. That is insane. Currently those prices won't be going down in the near future and as someone who has collected for most of his life, I can say the basketball market isn't going down any time soon. Will it go up? Maybe a little, but down? Nope. It will stay at this level for at least two years because next year's draft is stacked with elite talent.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Everyone is buying. Boxes are going for astronomical prices and many are just buying the card they want.

As for profit, the market just exploded on account of the pandemic. Gains have quadrupled.

I made 45k off of six cards in December. That is insane. Currently those prices won't be going down in the near future and as someone who has collected for most of his life, I can say the basketball market isn't going down any time soon. Will it go up? Maybe a little, but down? Nope. It will stay at this level for at least two years because next year's draft is stacked with elite talent.

Just don't get caught holding the Bag when the Market for these items collapses.

Usually, a huge runnup on prices like this, foreshadows a Market Crash in the Future.

Make a profit while you can, and hold only those items most precious to you.

That way you don't get burned.

Buy Low & Sell High ya know

Rukia Kuchiki

Factory Bastard
CIMG5622.jpg

how much is this worth? 2006-07 sp signature edition