Bastard Factory

Bastard Factory

Chairman of the Bored
Administrator
My name's Sean... I'm 48, never married and currently out looking for a whole new kind of trouble.

Grew up in central PA and beginning with 4th grade was systematically kicked out of six schools growing up ... I joined the Navy at 18. I was stationed on a ship out of Long Beach and visited 19 countries by the time I was 21. We spent seven months doing circles in the Gulf for Desert Storm... went around Cape Horn, through the Panama Canal and a two time Shellback. Late 80's, early 90's was a crazeee time in LA... party hard every night.

After Navy moved back to PA, got into sales and haven't looked back. Car sales, preneed funeral packages, B2B copier sales, door to door meat sales, whatever... I sell things. I cold call. Then in 2000 I decided to tackle the dream and moved back to Los Angeles to pursue an acting career. The thing I discovered about majority of actors is they start off very early in life.. conditioned for the theatrics. That combined with 'knowing' someone in the biz is where most of the people you see today have come from tbh. That's what you're competing against. Then there's someone like me, a dreamer, skipping into the lions den in my mid twenties with no experience and an ocean full of confidence... the lack of a blueprint and networking had me quickly detouring into the the 'stand in/background' world instead of a 'day player'/minor speaking roles. This stand in career somehow dragged on for 9 years. I put energy into finding my next job and hustled... I was working on just about every major Tv show in town during this time... CSI/West Wing/ER/Ally McBeal/NYPD Blue/Friends to 24/SonsAnarchy/Dexter/BigLove and was sought after for my looks/abilities making a living full time on both Tv and film sets spending anywhere from a day to several seasons on many shows. I was asked to be Jon Hamms stand-in one day, who I never heard of and became deeply entrenched in Mad Men for the first three, Emmy award winning seasons... ground zero for about every office scene shot. I'm all over it. A lot of you have looked right at me through the years and never knew I was BF... I used to laugh at that sometimes, as I was either on set or here 24/7. Being a huge 80's fan, I've had the opportunity to meet, see, hang and work around some of my favorites. The suspension of disbelief is lifted when seeing it done and this will have you dissecting movies instead of enjoying them... still worth it all. One of my top experiences, is working on film for a week with Harrison Ford in Crossing Over.. He and I had a few moments together and his dry/dark humor in person only solidified how I felt. There's a saying in Hollywood, that goes like..."don't approach your favorites as they will just disappoint and ruin the illusion", but that one didn't apply here.

In my early 40's, after over a year of acting classes under my belt, I decided the anxiety of auditioning, impracticality of it all and stress of racing around town was not for me and my tenacity for it all had subsided so in 2010 I gladly went back into sales. Back to the cubicle. lol. Nah, but a few years later in 2016 I moved to Denver... I still work in advertisement sales, but now its remote. Loved Los Angeles, but it was time$... always something to do from conventions, concerts and real Mexican food. The average 2 bedroom house, in a decent neighborhood, within 40 miles of downtown cost over a million bucks easy these days. You would need a second job just for property taxes.

There's a brief highlight............ so far.

Since the early days of 2005 I've been running under the user name... Bastard Factory. It's a slang definition for a 'welfare whore with 7+ kids w/ 7+ daddies'... my early days at Consumption Junction and Freakhole were a great place to sharpen my sword, but I decided to eventually create and open Bastard Factory in 2006 simply as a blog for me to vent... create stories, troll and shock. You really don't think I'm here just to manage people do you? I was banned from about every board I joined for various reasons as the norm bored the fuck out of me. The way I looked at Bastard Factory, if people showed up and contributed so be it, but this was my digital playground that no mods could remove me from. After ten years, dozens of forum wars, thirteen thousand threads, six thousand members, a letter from the FCC, hackers in 2013, three cease & desists letters, one was 8 pages from McDonalds, detective w/3 cops searching my house for a story I wrote, midnight spam raiders, a gnarly site defacement and endless belligerent bastards we came to the conclusion that we wanted more... after a three year hiatus, we returned in May 2018 and I see us going until the bomb drops.

Other than that, I day trade, a life long Philadelphia Eagles fan... have a kickass cat, and single as fuck after a 21 year long.

I plan on being open with what's going on in my life in this thread moving forward... this is my anti Facebook page.

Anything you'd like to know about myself or this board... this is the thread.

UJzvcmu.png

KG2lRE3.png

8XFr6d0.jpg

OP
OP
Bastard Factory

Bastard Factory

Chairman of the Bored
Administrator
3-5 Days a week for 9 straight years is a lot of shows/films.
Here's a few I could find...

xqvRBwJ.jpg

Z7EAABk.jpg

An American Carol

PEpBWWx.jpg

9KdiA6A.jpg

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
- Opening scene in cafe and then Art Gallery Scene
Rules of Engagement

2XRwTSD.jpg

Ghost Whisperer

PVg6e4T.jpg

FDW8TZE.jpg

Role Models... (
)

I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry... lol
You can see me right behind the guys talking. Im taking off my gear.. that scene took 8 hours.

RUjehk5.jpg

Cold Case

y9UqQ04.jpg

Little Man... they made me look Italian to photo doubled Chaz Palmenteri ..lol

3Q4T2bV.jpg

OP
OP
Bastard Factory

Bastard Factory

Chairman of the Bored
Administrator

VTvpvB2.jpg

X3Zqh7l.png

Indian Ocean

JEsorjE.jpg

Underway Replenishment...

47pcs1k.jpg

1000 pounders I know where dropped on Iraq, as this was the first round of a dozen urgently requested over 7 months.

atBUhbo.jpg

NocDvx4.jpg

U.S.S. Roanoke AOR7

hxxeiDd.jpg

Painted this entire ship at least twice myself over 5 years... spent too many years on this fantail/backend.

sfOjTBH.jpgv

Abraham Lincoln Battle Group '91​

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
Holy shit! Cant believe BF has done a reveal! I applaud you good sir and nice to meet you.

Very interesting on the acting thing, as that has always been a dream job of mine. To be a comedic actor or the voice of a cartoon character.

I wish I had known of the original Factory site back in the day, as I too hailed from Consumption Junction, and was sad to see CJ go back in 2008.

Thanks for giving Bastards a home man, places like this are more needed these days than that censoring shit hole called Fakebook.

:Cheers:

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
Hmmm, I may have to create a VIP Chop thread now lol.

You look so familiar BF, as if I had seen you somewhere. Possibly on the boob tube at some point I imagine lol.

OP
OP
Bastard Factory

Bastard Factory

Chairman of the Bored
Administrator

0V5CRJ3.jpg

Here's some of what I can remember...

Stand In Exp. (Actor-Project-Year):
John Hamm/ MadMen /'07-'09
Aaron Stanton/ MadMen /'07-'09
Jarod Harris/ MadMen /'08-'09
Utility Stand in for MadMen /'07-'09
Christopher Titus/ BigShots /'07
Shane McCord/ Mr. Jones / Mr.& Mrs Smith pilot/'07
Benjamin King/ Wedding Bells /'07
Danny Pino/ Cold Case /'06,'07
Josh Hopkins/ Cold Case /'06
Will Arnett/ Brothers Soloman /'06
Will Arnett/ Blades of Glory /'06
Utility Stand in for West Wing /'03-'04
Several unknowns/Day players during pilot seasons/'03-'06

Photo Double (Actor-Project-Year):
Simon Baker/The Lodger /'08
Will Arnett/Brothers Solomen /'07
Chaz Palmenteri/ Little Man /'06
Jim Carrey/ The Number 23 /'06
Will Arnett/Blades of Glory /'06
Paul Bettany/ Master & Commander /'03​

lSiBT65.jpg

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
I love Yes Man! And Jim was one of the actors I thought I was similar to, his zany attitude lol. Also Robin Williams.

Shame they didnt use some of his improvising, he usually does good.

I've got a Gandalf costume I wear, so I know how you felt with the stache lol.

OP
OP
Bastard Factory

Bastard Factory

Chairman of the Bored
Administrator
Jim was inches from face making all kinds of neck and face movements like he was a basketball player trying to take the 'quidditch' thing away from me.. good stuff, but cutttt.

Head on Blazor… never to late for comedians as there's at least one person in the crowd that will laugh if you die of old age on the stage lol. ~ I suggest you associate yourself with these people and any 'outer circle' you can find regarding...

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
Lol, thats funny on Jim. I think my favorite Jim antics were on In Living Colour, that was a good show full of laughs.

Right on man! That groundling place is in Cali, and Im way over here in Virginia lol. I do need to start somewhere if I plan to do it. So many tell me Im missing my calling.

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
Batard Factory has "420" positive reactions, I'd say thats groovy lol.

OP
OP
Bastard Factory

Bastard Factory

Chairman of the Bored
Administrator
One of the things that anyone wants is this business is a regular gig. I got a call one day as my look fit the mold of a new show going into production...
ISZBolV.jpg

The pilot was shot in NY, but episode 2 on was filmed at Center Studios in downtown LA. I got a call one day asking me if I was available to stand in and also double over as background for a new show called Mad Men and of course said 'yes... I mainly stood in for Jon Hamm and Aaron Staton, but also Michael Gladis, Jared Harris, the guy that played Conrad Hilton and few other visiting dayplayers… you can see me in just about every office scene aka bullpen during the first three seasons. I never took the show/job seriously season 1 to be honest. I was just there for the food and money. I'd wander the lot going to other sound stages as did on them all, lay low ultra when not needed, raid the actors only craft services truck for their full length candybars, I didn't recognize any of the actors, just a low budget production from brand new AMC. Always the way to go though... no/low expectations and just do your job... by doing this, my approach here was more casual than usual with these actors/production. Speaking of 'expectations', as we worked on season 1, nobody knew about this show. Coming back to season 2, everything changed. The actors were doing interviews with US or Entertainment Weekly between takes, food got better, everyone was smiling and Mad Men had just won the Emmy for Best Tv show... the first of three in a row.

First time these pics have hit the net... here's a handful.

4c8F1Ep.jpg

zGogHTK.jpg

Some of the Ladies of Mad Men
There call times were always an hour and half earlier than the guys... hair and makeup.

l9Et2m4.jpg

ABsTpzv.jpg

JbaOhFd.jpg

I got a few 'looks' when I turned around and took this. I was established with these people, but taking a pic like this will get you replaced fasssst.

I'm in just about every office episode the first 3 seasons.

I'm the tall guy, right side 'checking out' the secretary... very start of this clip below,

6sif15S.jpg

Fix your fucking coat...

elVn1Tw.jpg

Joel Murray... Bills brother and best known from the 80's movie, One Crazy Summer.
Really liked this guy. We often ate lunch together and guys got stories.

9XhQ1KR.png

Vincent Kartheiser… He's been to Bastard Factory.
Vincent and I starting talking season 1... talked his Vikings and my Eagles. Definitely the lightening rod of the cast.
Stories I'd tell here, but don't trust 'web crawlers', so we'll leave it there.

yOlxwcG.jpg

Jon Hamm...

Jon was a relative newcomer to me and Hollywood. I didn't know him personally, I didn't know him as Don Draper, I knew him as the guy I interacted with on set. We small talked, but it was all business. He was one of the quiet ones. For always being this stoic, serious type on set he one day, off to the side, broke out in a cane fight with John Slattery alla Dumb and Dumber. Kinda funny and I saw that different side of him. I did see a few glimpses of his humorous side at times and not surprised we see him in comedies today.

Towards the end of season 3, out on location, he threw a temper tantrum which all started with me lol, then I watched it spread to other crew within minutes he lost me... so, not a fan.

Season 4 had the show moving to California and the NY crowd was unfortunately replaced. I was fortunate enough to go to all 3 wrap parties and have a good bit of crew only T-shirts and a sweet jacket still in the closet, but believe it or not, I've never watched the show. Tried watching the pilot and fell asleep... I've heard it's a slow starter so it's near the top of my binge watch list.

CbjBJuQ.jpg

OP
OP
Bastard Factory

Bastard Factory

Chairman of the Bored
Administrator
I grew for awhile when I lived in California... went through (3) grows until I realized my light wattage wasn't strong enough and that's what was affecting the quality and strength. Strong enough for some, but I'm a 'top shelf' Indica kinda guy and need da HEAVY! Got bored and instead of just upgrading the lights to 700W, just found a new hobby... not really sure why I gave up growing my own. Might have to revisit.

lwnisyz.jpg

OMTmlOL.jpg

t0tmmcn.jpg

sbsKkbw.jpg

wpithOG.jpg

6DrzTqG.jpg

wfaaNvN.jpg

xkbvNYQ.jpg

PId8Uw4.jpg

WoSYgeP.jpg

m2N1Bus.jpg

ynZVB4A.jpg

bkaqLi3.jpg

S4apfyM.png

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
Awesome man! Cheers lol :Cheers:

Too cool on Joel Murray, you've prolly heard of theChive then lol.