Christmas 2022

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I'm putting up two trees this year. One upstairs in the loft and one downstairs in the living room. I'm going to paint my pumpkins to look like ornaments as well. I saw that idea online somewhere.

Christmas is my favorite holiday.

OP
OP
Jeannie

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I'm putting up two trees this year. One upstairs in the loft and one downstairs in the living room. I'm going to paint my pumpkins to look like ornaments as well. I saw that idea online somewhere.

Christmas is my favorite holiday.
my fav too

i might go with an artificial this year and trade the pine scent for not having 2 vacuum the pine needles when we drag it out lol

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
my fav too

i might go with an artificial this year and trade the pine scent for not having 2 vacuum the pine needles when we drag it out lol

Understandable. I'll have a live one and I choose Noble Firs, they don't drop as many needles. The second tree is artificial, it's a white tree and I'm going to make it Victorian, roses, doves, ribbons...pink, gold and a bit of silver

I'm excited about it.

Garraty_47

Mutants Rule!
Site Supporter
Merry Christmas Y'all!

Since it's impractical to send you each a XMas card, here's the front of the cards I'm sending this year:

baseIMG-001card04small.png

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
When do folks celebrate? Christmas Eve or Christmas day?

What's on the menu?

We're having standard rib roast, potatoes au gratin, and either fresh green beans or asparagus + dessert

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I used to like this restaurant in Marin called Marin Joes. They had great Prime Rib.

cw_

> you
Site Supporter ☠️
When do folks celebrate? Christmas Eve or Christmas day?

What's on the menu?

We're having standard rib roast, potatoes au gratin, and either fresh green beans or asparagus + dessert
Don't really celebrate much since the kids are grown but every year dinner is ham, scalloped potatoes, green beans, and rolls with honey butter. Then I make a ham and bean soup with the leftovers, as well as ham sandwiches, diced ham in omelettes that sort of thing.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Don't really celebrate much since the kids are grown but every year dinner is ham, scalloped potatoes, green beans, and rolls with honey butter. Then I make a ham and bean soup with the leftovers, as well as ham sandwiches, diced ham in omelettes that sort of thing.

That sounds good too. Yeah, the ham leftovers are good for a lot of things.

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I hate Christmas... last year in Perth WA it was 43 C which is 109 F...see if Christmas is a fun day for you at that temp.

This year they said its only going to be 32 C. I BET it goes higher.

As far as I am concerned we all have 10 times more than we need in possessions ... just watch the TV show Hoarders. If that doesn't put you off buy, buy, buy, buying I am afraid nothing will.

Seeing family and having a nice roast is about the only thing that you could say is nice about Christmas...

I get why you northern hemisphere revellers like it... something to look forward to in bleaky winter.

Last edited:

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
We had my aunt and uncle stop by for a quick visit today to say hello and to give us their traditional cold smoked country ham they give everyone each year. It is a nice little holiday tradition. After that I finally got around to installing the new garbage disposal and gave the gardener a $100 Xmas bonus.

Tonight I think I will play some video games on my new PC or maybe watch an episode or two of Rick and Mordy with the youngest. We used to watch game of thrones or stranger things together but now we have moved on to Rick and Mordy. My wife is busy making some sort of Italian dish for dinner.

Last edited: