Cooking on a Budget

Mr. Whipple

brilliantly insane
Site Supporter
83266407-an-open-tin-of-sardines-with-a-fork-and-crackers.jpg
tin of sardines from the dollar store ...79 cents or free if you can steal em hot chineese mustard free in the bins by the door ...two pack of cheap ass stale crackers from the gahndi mini mart ..29 cents ....and you are dining like Rockefeller ...
rockefeller1_vert-96b800e1d3f65ea0141e89223d2f9e2fb194fcab-s800-c15.jpg

X

xXx
Site Supporter
WjpBjqE.jpg

Made this on Friday.

- 4 pieces white bread from Walmart
- 1 Egg from Walmart
- Nutella
- stolen syrup packets from Dennys

Mix syrup packets and Nutella in a bowl. Cut off the end of a turkey baster. Suck up and Squirt on bread.
This shit is expansive af
bread buck 25
egg, must a came from a dozen 2 fiddy
NuTELLA ?? 4 or five bucks
TURKEY BASTER ?? one fiddy dllarstore ========= 9 bucks

OP
OP
THROB

THROB

Factory Bastard
WjpBjqE.jpg

Made this on Friday.

- 1 Egg from Walmart
- Nutella

Mix syrup packets and Nutella in a bowl. Cut off the end of a turkey baster. Suck up and Squirt on bread.
bread buck 25

If ignorance were a disability, you'd get the full pension.
You've got a big hole in your head, now shut it.

OP
OP
THROB

THROB

Factory Bastard
m7CLFaP.png

- 2 packages Ramon original from Walmart
- Great Value Smooth Peanut Butter, 26 ounces at Walmart for $3

Toast noodles in oven so PB melts thru cracks and then FREEZE IT.

X

xXx
Site Supporter
WjpBjqE.jpg

Made this on Friday.

- 1 Egg from Walmart
- Nutella

bread buck 25

And if a dead cock were found
WjpBjqE.jpg

Made this on Friday.

- 1 Egg from Walmart
- Nutella

bread buck 25

If a cheesy cock were a disability you'd take a full 12 inches .
You've an ass agape in deep need of a bangladeshi truckers dick .

X

xXx
Site Supporter
How come you try so hard to be so 'edgy' lmao you seem to insist upon yourself, it gets old..dumpster sex and drugs Oooooooooo watch out for Throby BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA

OP
OP
THROB

THROB

Factory Bastard
not even trying. come live here!!!
Im not into your rainbows and chit chat. you people bore me.
finger fucking your Harry Potter fidget spinners

OP
OP
THROB

THROB

Factory Bastard
Made this for lunch.

……….……………………..
PBTNMzj.jpg

- Tortilla from Walmart
- Beef Jerky from Walmart
- Bacon ranch flavored mayonnaise
- onion slices, boiled

OP
OP
THROB

THROB

Factory Bastard
e9c14zP.jpg

Box noodles
2 hot dog rolls
Walmart 30pk hot dogs
Walmart swiss cheese squares
skim milk
butter

boil noodles. toast bread in hot dog grease. cut cheese into tiny pieces and keep stirring into butter milk until clumps are gone. I don't actual own plates so I save up the styrofoam and food boxes from eating out and just re'usem.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Instead of buying filet mignons, I buy a whole tenderloin for $100 to $150 and eat like a king 3 nights a week.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Pasta is your friend. Also get a rice cooker m, a basic model is cheap, and realize 20 lbs of dry rice costs less than $10. Cooked that is about 40 lbs. Beans are also cheap and help balance things. Shop at discount grocery stores like North Park Produce or Food4Less or Smart & Final or any of the ethnic grocery stores. You can get good deals on produce (especially at North Park Produce or one of the many Mexican or Asian grocery stores) and keep an eye out for which meats are on sale.

Lastly, if you qualify definitely sign up for food stamps as the extra $230 month will definitely help you if you are struggling.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
I learned how to make a jail cook up in the rehab program. I was there with many women who had done time. I got an incredible education on prison survival lol.

These women where taking cheetos, mashing them up with dry ramen, mixing it with nacho cheese and pickle juice and whatever else, then wrapping it into the cheeto bag to form a sort of burrito and letting it "set". It was fascinating.

And I actually tried this......and it wasnt bad lol.

It's like a gumbo of whatever you can get from commissary.

Everytime you see someone bring up a "cook up" you know they've done time, or been to an extended rehab program or both.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
And as far as cooking on a budget..... you cant go wrong with any form of rice and beans or anything involving cabbage.

You can actually still eat very healthy on a small budget. Especailly with Aldi. I love Aldi. My monthly grocery expenses are usually in between 800 to 1200 ish.. (and I'm kinda guessing based on what I allow for) but if I'm shopping a lot at Aldi it's always more around 800. (Family of 6). Its almost Farmers Market time too and I cannot wait to check out the one in our new area. Tons of farms around here.

We cook all the time and my 15 year old LOVES to bake, so we are always getting food for recipes so I'm always going outside the budget.

I think we do pretty good on this but I dont ever ask other people about money or budgets, I think it's really rude and trashy.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I also had kimchi or other pickled veggies to go with my rice. It adds extra flavor and nutrition, helps jazz up the rice a bit, and costs very little. Also, I agree about Aldi. There selection is limited but what they do stock is both inexpensive and good quality. I just avoid their meat section because their meat prices tend to be high. I can get better prices on meat at discount or ethnic grocery stores.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
I also had kimchi or other pickled veggies to go with my rice. It adds extra flavor and nutrition, helps jazz up the rice a bit, and costs very little. Also, I agree about Aldi. There selection is limited but what they do stock is both inexpensive and good quality. I just avoid their meat section because their meat prices tend to be high. I can get better prices on meat at discount or ethnic grocery stores.

Butchers or farmers. We go in on cows here and divide up the meat. Amish here sell really good meat, poultry as well.

I'm the only one in my house that likes kimchi lol.

Dageaux

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
And as far as cooking on a budget..... you cant go wrong with any form of rice and beans or anything involving cabbage.

You can actually still eat very healthy on a small budget. Especailly with Aldi. I love Aldi. My monthly grocery expenses are usually in between 800 to 1200 ish.. (and I'm kinda guessing based on what I allow for) but if I'm shopping a lot at Aldi it's always more around 800. (Family of 6). Its almost Farmers Market time too and I cannot wait to check out the one in our new area. Tons of farms around here.

We cook all the time and my 15 year old LOVES to bake, so we are always getting food for recipes so I'm always going outside the budget.

I think we do pretty good on this but I dont ever ask other people about money or budgets, I think it's really rude and trashy.
I love Aldi. When I lived in Memphis, Aldo was a thing and they started selling eggs for like $.40 a dozen and Milk for $1 a gallon. At the time the other grocery stores were selling eggs for $2 and Milk for $5. Of course everyone in town started going to Aldi to buy eggs and milk. The other grocery stores had to drop their prices to compete. It became a price war over basic necessities. Even after the "price war" the prices of eggs and milk stayed low in Memphis. When I moved to NOLA the prices were still high and I wished that Aldi would come to New Orleans.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
If you want to live cheaply, buy the cheapest or sale price large packets of rice and pasta, then live by the protein card model.

The PCM means that if you're getting at least a deck of cards worth of meat, fish, or poultry per day, you're not in a deficit as long as you get veggies, fruits, and/or legumes in each serve too.

Doesn't mean you have to get a card pack worth of flesh every day, only that your running average needs it.

OP
OP
THROB

THROB

Factory Bastard
cRS6AaB.jpg

Box Bisquick
Box Raisins
100+ Smarties candies [only yellow ones]
2 tablespoons cornstarch
3 eggs
a lot of Butter

Beat Bisquick with 2 eggs. Sprinkle Raisins. Bake. 380 1 hour.
Then drop butter, crushed yellow smarties, cornstarch, 1 egg, some water in a bowl and whip its ass good. Pour over baked goodness.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
If you are a budget it is hard to beat rice and beans as they cost pennies. You can add veggies or meat as you like or you budget allows buy rice and beans make an excellent base to work with.

Lastly, if you are truly low income get food stamps as they are $235 per month per person and you can also supplement it with weekly trips to food distributions (check the San Diego Food Bamk's website for a list) as well as quarterly "emergency food aid" from the San Diego Food Bank as well as the Santee Food Bank and the El Cajon Food Bank. Free food is available every where here and much of it includes meat, dairy, eggs, bread, cheese, fresh fruit and veg, etc... Hell. They will often give away seafood as well. If you tell them you have a pet they will give you pet food; both dry and canned.

[/former volunteer]

Last edited:
OP
OP
THROB

THROB

Factory Bastard
My food money comes from SNAP assistance and don't have a bank account.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
My food money comes from SNAP assistance and don't have a bank account.

That is fine. What I am telling you is they have food distributions every day of the week where they give all sorts of food to everyone who shows up. In addition you can go once every three months to each food bank for "emergency food assistance " and there are five or six food bamks in our county. What does that mean? If means every month you can get an additional $200 (approximately) in all manner of food without breaking any rules. You can even get pet food.

So you won't have to spend any money on food you cook yourself at all. Check the websites I listed.

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
83266407-an-open-tin-of-sardines-with-a-fork-and-crackers.jpg
tin of sardines from the dollar store ...79 cents or free if you can steal em hot chineese mustard free in the bins by the door ...two pack of cheap ass stale crackers from the gahndi mini mart ..29 cents ....and you are dining like Rockefeller ...
rockefeller1_vert-96b800e1d3f65ea0141e89223d2f9e2fb194fcab-s800-c15.jpg
sardines? id welcome death by starvation first

tbh id rather bugs