Did anyone go shopping for Black Friday?

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
You must not be a good shopper because I saved 40% to 60% off what I would have paid a week ago. Plus it was all stuff I wanted anyway and was just waiting for a good sale to buy. Now, if someone doesn't need something then I agree they shouldn't buy just to buy but if you do need something buying it at the lowest prices of the year does make sense.

I'm an excellent shopper but what generally gets flogged on these theme park styled sales is crap. Seldom can you find the exact model you researched beforehand (quality, efficiency, reliability). You'll only get the brand if you're lucky, and the likeness. Delve into the specs/reviews and 9 times out of 10, there's issues.

Plus they increase the prices in the lead up to the sales, then drop them. 40-60% now becomes 0-30% when adjusted for skulduggery...and you get substandard product/superseded models left over in dusty warehouses that companies are desperate to clear.

Yeah, nah. Not playing that game.

realgrimm

ፕልክፏቹክፕ ነየርጎልረጎነፕ
Global Moderator
MEH44XK_o.jpg
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

OP
OP
Oerdin

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I'm an excellent shopper but what generally gets flogged on these theme park styled sales is crap. Seldom can you find the exact model you researched beforehand (quality, efficiency, reliability). You'll only get the brand if you're lucky, and the likeness. Delve into the specs/reviews and 9 times out of 10, there's issues.

Plus they increase the prices in the lead up to the sales, then drop them. 40-60% now becomes 0-30% when adjusted for skulduggery...and you get substandard product/superseded models left over in dusty warehouses that companies are desperate to clear.

I figure out which brand and model I want, I check all the black friday and Cyber Monday guides to find the best deals, then only buy what I want. There are several websites where you can track the prices of a UPC over the last year or so just to make sure you are getting a good deal. It takes extra work but for those who will do it good deals can be had. Just like with buying a car which is why I got 33% of my last car; I pay attention and drive a hard bargain.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Just bought a new Jaguar F-Type in dark blue for 300K.

Life is short,

A buddy of mine has one...the "R" with over 500hp...in the summer he took me for a pretty spirited drive on some back roads that he knows very well...he has a pretty good idea of what top speed he can do in every corner...it was a blast!

One thing that was notable was when his high beams went on and off approaching a corner. The high beams have some kind of sensor that makes them turn off when they detect an oncoming car...but they were sensing the light reflecting off the signs that show where the bend in the road is...these kind of signs:

332072-left-arrow-street-signs-around-the-bend-of-a-road.jpg

So one second the road is lit up nicely, the next second the high beams cut out and it is hard to see anything...then the high beams come on again because the low beams do not reflect off the signs...high beams on and off every second or so...not great when entering a bend at 180ish km/h...

You can disable that feature so the high beams stay on constantly....not good when you forget to disable it in that situation though.

Exciting, though.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard

MEH44XK_o.jpg
I like recliners...we have 3 recliner sofas in our house...two La-Z-Boy and one that was a little cheaper make from Leons.

We also have 4 recliner chairs.

I recline probably at least 90% of the time when I watch TV. :Awesome:

UncleDiLF

So much FiLTH!!!!
Site Supporter ☠️
A buddy of mine has one...the "R" with over 500hp...in the summer he took me for a pretty spirited drive on some back roads that he knows very well...he has a pretty good idea of what top speed he can do in every corner...it was a blast!

One thing that was notable was when his high beams went on and off approaching a corner. The high beams have some kind of sensor that makes them turn off when they detect an oncoming car...but they were sensing the light reflecting off the signs that show where the bend in the road is...these kind of signs:

332072-left-arrow-street-signs-around-the-bend-of-a-road.jpg

So one second the road is lit up nicely, the next second the high beams cut out and it is hard to see anything...then the high beams come on again because the low beams do not reflect off the signs...high beams on and off every second or so...not great when entering a bend at 180ish km/h...

You can disable that feature so the high beams stay on constantly....not good when you forget to disable it in that situation though.

Exciting, though.
Wow,

I am sitting at the Jaguar waiting room. This is why I am here.

It is a dream car. Very fast, quality materials. But the high beam and low beam is a huge let off. I thought the car is broken or needs a OTA update.

So you say we can fix that at the settings? Because I will leave ASAP since time is money. I want them to fix that. Biught that car last week.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
You must not be a good shopper because I saved 40% to 60% off what I would have paid a week ago. Plus it was all stuff I wanted anyway and was just waiting for a good sale to buy. Now, if someone doesn't need something then I agree they shouldn't buy just to buy but if you do need something buying it at the lowest prices of the year does make sense.
Spotted this old thread

Generally speaking we don’t those kinda blowout sale prices like they do in the States @Oerdin

For example Best Buy USA might offer all these spectacular deals which aren’t available in Best Buy Canada stores. Not even the variety of products either

Sometimes theres a few good deals to be had on BF but not like the US

I got some great software deals online but I believe they all came from the US