Do you know someone who died of cancer

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
in spite of having full on chemo, radiation, etc?

Likewise, do you know someone who lived, healthily, for more than 5 years after getting chemo, radiation?

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Yes and yes.

My grandmother died from colon cancer despite undergoing chemo. My aunt lived for 10 years after under going chemo/radiation for a few years. I have a friend who had a double mastectomy at 27 and was on chemo/radiation. Shes 40 now and healthy.

Sometimes chemo just gives you more years. Cancer has no cure.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Both. A guy I worked with never smoked and died of lung cancer. was in his early 40's. I know 2 women, 1 with ovarian and the other with breast that are 10 years passed cancer and have made a full recovery or at least are cancer free. It seems like most of the money has been spent on female cancers so thats may be why the outcome is better. Of the 3 guys I know of that had ball cancer, only one lived.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I'm curious because every single person I know who had cancer and got treatment died and never had a truly healthy day after their first treatment.

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I hope Dinky Dianna is viewing this thread, or anyone else that pays to die.

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
My wife was 35, one day started having migraines non stop, then had a seizure, and went to the ER. They found 50 spots of cancer on her brain, and 3 spots on her lungs.

Rewind about 8 years, and she had skin cancer, had it all cut out, a lymph node removed, and did treatment. Doc said all gone. Then the brain shit happened years later.

She lived 9 months, and died. The chemo would not get past the blood/brain barrier.

Her mom, beat lung cancer, it drained her, and she was never the same. Then it came back, and she said fuck treatment, and died this past year.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
My wife was 35, one day started having migraines non stop, then had a seizure, and went to the ER. They found 50 spots of cancer on her brain, and 3 spots on her lungs.

Rewind about 8 years, and she had skin cancer, had it all cut out, a lymph node removed, and did treatment. Doc said all gone. Then the brain shit happened years later.

She lived 9 months, and died. The chemo would not get past the blood/brain barrier.

Her mom, beat lung cancer, it drained her, and she was never the same. Then it came back, and she said fuck treatment, and died this past year.

Wow. I am sorry. That's some hard shit. Bless you for dealing with it.

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter

Wow. I am sorry. That's some hard shit. Bless you for dealing with it.

Thanks.

I felt worse for my son when his mom died. Especially when I heard that damn Minecraft music playing, cause it seemed so innocent, that he was just a kid. I feel it took a lot of joy out of him, and made him grow up faster.

Admin.

I aim to be smugly pedantic, or vice verse.
Site Supporter ☠️

Likewise, do you know someone who lived, healthily, for more than 5 years after getting chemo, radiation?
A place I worked at for several years had this skinny old drunk out in shipping that chain smoked light cigarettes, and drank mass quantities of lite beer every night, he was working on his deck one weekend and slipped and fell jamming his rib cage and cracking a rib...xrays showed a weird "shadow" in one of his lungs...he went through the whole gamut of chemo and radiation, He came by work the day after his last chemo, he shuffled in looking like death warmed over, like an extra from The Walking Dead his skin had this weird ashy pallor.....this is him some 10 years later, he doesn't smoke anymore and rarely drinks now.
4d5c49cb40b4d75a20116450441f584a1c2f21ef.jpeg

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Yup. My cousin's husband.

He was a schoolteacher & I rmember attending his funeral & all these teachers from Vancouver School Disrict & the school baord came out to send him off.

It was a sad affair.

He was a smoker & I believe he passed away due to lung cancer.

Maybe it got into his brain too.

One of my cousins died of lung cancer too.
He was.a smoker too.

They were borth treated but succumbed in the end.

Admin.

I aim to be smugly pedantic, or vice verse.
Site Supporter ☠️

Very sorry for your loss, sumbish.

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter

Yup. My cousin's husband.

He was a schoolteacher & I rmember attending his funeral & all these teachers from Vancouver School Disrict & the school baord came out to send him off.

It was a sad affair.

He was a smoker & I believe he passed away due to lung cancer.

Maybe it got into his brain too.

One of my cousins died of lung cancer too.
He was.a smoker too.

They were borth treated but succumbed in the end.

My uncle on my dad's side died of lung cancer at the age of 52. His last month and a half he was on a respirator, and couldnt talk. He had to write what he wanted to say. He was my favorite on my dad's side, looked like Santa, and smiled and laughed, much like I do. Him dying made me quit smoking cigarettes.

Levon

Philosopher King
Site Supporter

Yes and yes.

I knew plenty of folks who only bought some time with treatment but died of cancer anyway. As one of them said to me, everybody has to die, might as well not die "for no reason."

And my sis in law had reproductive system cancer, so there was also surgery. I think she was mid forties when she got it, lost her uterus and ovaries and the whole works, chemo, radiation, fifteen or so years of good time after all that. Year and a half ago she had breast cancer, might have been unrelated to the earlier stuff, had a single mastectomy with no chemo or radiation and she's supposedly cancer free again. She's twenty years after the first bout now and you'd never take her for a cancer patient.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
By the time someone is getting chemo/radiation, they know there is no guarantee it will work and they know it's going to make them very sick and it's going to be rough.

It's a very rough treatment but it has saved many lives and given many people more years and many people have been able to enjoy a healthy life after it. It doesnt save everyone, unfortunately. I'm grateful we have the option.

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
By the time someone is getting chemo/radiation, they know there is no guarantee it will work and they know it's going to make them very sick and it's going to be rough.

It's a very rough treatment but it has saved many lives and given many people more years and many people have been able to enjoy a healthy life after it. It doesnt save everyone, unfortunately. I'm grateful we have the option.

You're right, its a chance one takes.

Me, I aint doing any fucking chemo after seeing what other family has gone through. Fuck that. I'll enjoy the sunny days I have left. Chemo is a gamble.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

You're right, its a chance one takes.

Me, I aint doing any fucking chemo after seeing what other family has gone through. Fuck that. I'll enjoy the sunny days I have left. Chemo is a gamble.

If I ever have to make that decision, it's going to depend on my age and my odds. I cant say I definitely would or wouldnt.

I would fight right now if I had to......but in another 40 years when I'm old? I just want to be comfortable and enjoy the remainder of my life.

I want my kids grown and to see my grandchildren before I shuffle off my mortal coil.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

I give you a lot of shit sometimes (I will even say sometimes deservedly though not always) but I won't joke about cancer. It is a horrible disease which both my mother and great grandmother died of. The good news is we have gotten much, much better at detecting, treating, and curing some forms of cancer while the bad news is other types of cancer we have made little progress on. Much depends upon which type of cancer a person is diagnosed as having and how early they detect it.

Some forms literally have 90% five year survival rates and others 10%. The best advice I can offer anyone is get regular cancer screens because early detection is the best way to stack the odds in your favor.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
In my mom's case she was given six months to live but ended up making it four years. She had some very invasive surgery and three rounds of both chemo and radiation treatment which worked for a time but never cured her. One of her best friends got breast cancer in her early 40's and is still alive today at 71.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
In my mom's case she was given six months to live but ended up making it four years. She had some very invasive surgery and three rounds of both chemo and radiation treatment which worked for a time but never cured her. One of her best friends got breast cancer in her early 40's and is still alive today at 71.

Cancer is your body literally trying to kill you.

It's pretty sad and viscous. My grandma was 77 when she was diagnosed and the chemo just made her so sick she decided to not do it. She was only doing it for us :/

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Look at this thing

Blaaaeeehhh

Looks like this poor bastsrds biggest problem is the stoned turtle fetus wrapped around his smoker's lung lol

Screenshot-20210429-131344-Chrome.jpg

Holliday Unchained

Banned
Banned
I'm curious because every single person I know who had cancer and got treatment died and never had a truly healthy day after their first treatment.
Their are several effective treatments - some dependent on the cancer.
Chemo has extended some lives I am sure, and taken others.
It is fact that in some cases that the chemo patient dies of toxicity from the treatment when in fact the cancer had been eradicated.
If it was me I would first check on Cesium Chloride therapy.
Their are other herbals like Paw-Paw, Samento, and Graviola.
Also the 'scrooms that you know and others like Turkey Tail which are showing anti-tumor activity.
Also the Essiac Tea though no one can claim to know that exact original formula which was so highly successful.

You know that cancers live of sugar so altered diet to exclude simple sugars can be instrumental as well.
So people even advocate a all meat diet on that account that I have read.

Last edited:
OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Their are several effective treatments - some dependent on the cancer.
Chemo has extended some lives I am sure, and taken others.
It is fact that in some cases that the chemo patient dies of toxicity from the treatment when in fact the cancer had been eradicated.
If it was me I would first check on Cesium Chloride therapy.
Their are other herbals like Paw-Paw, Samento, and Graviola.
Also the 'scrooms that you know and others like Turkey Tail which are showing anti-tumor activity.
Also the Essiac Tea though no one can claim to know that exact original formula which was so highly successful.

You know that cancers live of sugar so altered diet to exclude simple sugars can be instrumental as well.
So people even advocate a all meat diet on that account that I have read.

Yeah. If I get the Big C, I will not have chemo or radiation. I will ty all those other things first, and then just die. I have seen too much pain around chemo.

Swamp-Duck

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I know someone, and it was really awful, but I ain’t saying who cos there’s a certain good Christian shitskin that will follow me around going haha cancer, lol @ Christians....fucking hypocrite ....