Does potentially viable life outside the womb really begin at 6 weeks?

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
If a fetus cannot realistically survive outside a mother's womb after six weeks of pregnancy, should this be defined as a 'human life'? Or 8 weeks? 12 weeks? Or even 16 weeks?

This is where I'm starting to question the validity of pro lifer/ anti abortionists assumptions.

Anyways just a thought

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Some people here could not survive outside of their mother's basement at 35 years old.

Should they be defined as "human life"?

OP
OP
Joe

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Some people here could not survive outside of their mother's basement at 35 years old.

Should they be defined as "human life"?

Given that youre an Incel, precisely what is your disability @The Prowler?

Since you're a gaslighting sociopath.

Last edited:

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
If a fetus cannot realistically survive outside a mother's womb after six weeks of pregnancy, should this be defined as a 'human life'? Or 8 weeks? 12 weeks? Or even 16 weeks?

This is where I'm starting to question the validity of pro lifer/ anti abortionists assumptions.

Anyways just a thought
Of course it's not viable. This is where the whole question lies. Anti-choicers insist on calling fetuses "babies." But they are not babies. They are cells fully dependent on the mother.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Anyways just a thought

It's a scientific fact that is it a living human. How is this even an argument in 2022?

You guys constantly conflate your philosophical concepts of "life" and personhood with biological scientific facts. I dont see how that's different from legislating your religious beliefs. Imposing your religious beliefs.

When conception occurs and a woman is pregnant, it HAS to be a human. That's what reproduction is. You cannot get pregnant and reproduce anything besides another human. And this human meets the scientific criteria for life. If it's not alive? That's called a miscarriage.

And if you truly supported choice, you would value the basic scientific facts and you would support those facts being made known to any woman seeking an abortion. And you would also want these clinics to be held to the same safety standards as any other medical facility. And you would also support the woman being made aware of and given ALL the resources and options available to her. That includes pro life out reaches.

You wouldn't want other people's philosophical beliefs forced down women's throats so they are making decisions NOT based on facts but your BELIEFS.

You can reject science all you want and rely on philosophy to ruminate "what even is life?" but the facts should be given and known and embraced. Otherwise all you are doing is manipulating and imposing ideas that are not rooted in reality.

Last edited:

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Anyways just a thought
Of course it's not viable. This is where the whole question lies. Anti-choicers insist on calling fetuses "babies." But they are not babies. They are cells fully dependent on the mother.

You don't get to tell women that the human beings in the fetal stage of human development in utero are not their babies.

And "baby" isn't even a scientific term. And a "fetus" is a scientific term for a stage of development.....its not a thing separate from species.

Blurt

Bastard of the Century
Site Supporter ☠️
@Dove wrote: "You wouldn't want other people's philosophical beliefs forced down women's throats so they are making decisions NOT based on facts but your BELIEFS."

Here's a novel thought, Dovey: How about we let a woman make decisions based on her OWN beliefs, not yours?

Or is that too much freedom?

OP
OP
Joe

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
@Dove wrote: "You wouldn't want other people's philosophical beliefs forced down women's throats so they are making decisions NOT based on facts but your BELIEFS."

Here's a novel thought, Dovey: How about we let a woman make decisions based on her OWN beliefs, not yours?

@Dove is an example of an American Right Wing Feminist @Blurt.

While there are certainly Left Wing feminists, there are Right wing ones too, apparently.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Yes, it's too much freedom for women to handle responsibly. Misogyny 101

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

@Dove is an example of an American Right Wing Feminist @Blurt.

While there are certainly Left Wing feminists, there are Right wing ones too, apparently.

A true feminist respects the decisions other women make; whether it be having an abortion because she chooses it, being a traditional stay at home mother, or running a corporation.

That's an actual feminist.

Blurt

Bastard of the Century
Site Supporter ☠️
That ^ being said, I don't believe "actual" things are much of a concern to Dovey.

What's in her autocratic head seems to matter more to her than reality.

OP
OP
Joe

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
...and yet not all feminists consider themselves liberal or Left wing @Lily.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Sarah Palin would consider herself as a feminist and so would Lauren Boebert. Whether you agree with them or not they see themselves asserting their own brand of feminism within a Right Wing mindset.

There isn't a universal feminism anymore like 50 years ago. Just like the Catholic Church doesn't speak for all Christians anymore and split into many denominations

DDT

Factory Bastard

Anyways just a thought
Nobody knows, Joeski. Killing a pregnant mother brings two murder charges in some States, but the conditions vary for a double murder charge. Federally the US views any fetus as a being, and will charge you with killing two people, but I don't know... Nobody knows.

OP
OP
Joe

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
A woman saying that another woman should not murder an innocent person has nothing to do with feminism.
Eg - Sarah Palin promotes a 'conservative feminism' which is pro life/ anti abortion & pro gun.

But she isn't left wing @The Prowler.

And while many Leftist women believe she isn't entitled to call herself a feminist, a somewhat liberal publication said that Palin should be able to.

Last edited:

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
A woman saying that another woman should not murder an innocent person has nothing to do with feminism.
Eg - Sarah Palin promotes a 'conservative feminism' which is pro life/ anti abortion & pro gun.

But she isn't left wing @The Prowler.

And while many Leftist women believe she isn't entitled to call herself a feminist, a somewhat liberal publication said that Palin should be able to.

I don't see her as a feminist, but if you do it matters little to me.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

I think it's a very scary thought for people who are narrow thinkers.