Floriduh is sinking, even inland

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Sea-level rise becoming a hazard for suburban South Florida neighborhoods far from ocean

David Fleshler
Mon, September 20, 2021, 12:00 PM

Sea-level rise may appear to be a problem only for coastal residents, a hazard that comes with the awesome views and easy access to the beach.

But neighborhoods 20 miles inland are starting to feel the impact, as the Atlantic Ocean’s higher elevation makes it harder for drainage canals to keep them dry.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
This is yet another load of bullshit. Anyone who's been to a Florida Beach will tell you that the water is a long way away from the homes lining the beach.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
This is yet another load of bullshit. Anyone who's been to a Florida Beach will tell you that the water is a long way away from the homes lining the beach.

Didn't read the article. Big surprise.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

I DID read it, asshat. Buried in there, it appears that they actually sprinkle in the truth....that its caused by something OTHER than glowable warming hoaxology:

And coastal waters were undergoing a
, a phenomenon that occurs when the positions of sun and moon combine to produce the highest tides of the year. As sea levels rise, king tides get higher.

PWN3D!

Admin.

The Flying Fickle Finger Of Fate.
Site Supporter ☠️
As sea levels rise, king tides get higher.
Congratulations, you just pnw3t yerself!
Wrong, faggit, as usual:

"King tides are the highest tides. They are naturally occurring, predictable events. "
reread the part of your post I highlighted, the sea levels are rising that is a fact, hence the highlighted sentence, about the higher the sea levels the higher the potential kind tides, I live on the guy who can't read good, I can document what last springs king tide's did to our shoreline right where I live. The beach in front of me lost 12 feet of sand in one weekend on the highest king tides ever recorded on my stretch of the Pacific.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Wrong, faggit, as usual:

"King tides are the highest tides. They are naturally occurring, predictable events. "
reread the part of your post I highlighted, the sea levels are rising that is a fact, hence the highlighted sentence, about the higher the sea levels the higher the potential kind tides, I live on the guy who can't read good, I can document what last springs king tide's did to our shoreline right where I live. The beach in front of me lost 12 feet of sand in one weekend on the highest king tides ever recorded on my stretch of the Pacific.
Hey faggit, you cut out this part:
"when the positions of sun and moon combine to produce the highest tides of the year."
PWN3D!

Biggie Smiles

I make libturds berry angry. I do!!!
Site Supporter
Isn't south florida were all the faggots generally congregate?

wouldn't miss it

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Yer son & law & daughter from Florida are comin' ta move in wid cha. ..Lokmeer!

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️
Wrong, faggit, as usual:

"when the positions of sun and moon combine to produce the highest tides of the year."
PWN3D!
The Sea levels are rising you bald eunuch.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

I DID read it, asshat. Buried in there, it appears that they actually sprinkle in the truth....that its caused by something OTHER than glowable warming hoaxology:

, a phenomenon that occurs when the positions of sun and moon combine to produce the highest tides of the year. As sea levels rise, king tides get higher.

PWN3D!

I've noticed a theme. We can read the same articles as they do, and we read entirely different messages.

I saw exactly what you saw.

It's their bias here because they didnt include this in the info taken from it and came to a conclusion that confirms pre existing bias.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

PWN3D!

I've noticed a theme. We can read the same articles as they do, and we read entirely different messages.

It's their bias here because they didnt include this in the info taken from it and came to a conclusion that confirms pre existing bias.

Florida has way too many people for the type of land it was meant to support.

I predict a lot more problems there one day.

You may see migration of Americans moving north. Michigan could yet become a popular destination. ;-)

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Wrong, faggit, as usual:

PWN3D!
Umm, what, .0125 per decade? Fukin illiterate non reading motherfucker.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

PWN3D!

You may see migration of Americans moving north. Michigan could yet become a popular destination. ;-)
What, is it gonna tip over dumb ass?

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

PWN3D!

...some of it alreadyhas...Lokmeer!

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

PWN3D!

Oh well they musta shut down all the area buildings, right? Lemme know josephine.

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Wrong, faggit, as usual:

the ground water table is rising because the tress have been pulled out.. climate change is 100% the resulf of men denuding the land.

"Miami Beach is known for its hot sunny days and incredible nightlife, but it’s not going to be around for long. Take advantage of the clubs and restaurants before 2050 (and perhaps even before the mid 2020s), because environmental writer Jeff Goodell predicts that Miami may be underwater sooner than you think. Goodell is, admittedly, writing intentionally shocking predictions - but they come from a basis in hard fact. He suggests that when flooding starts washing away the beaches, it will simply be too expensive for the government to maintain them."

No way Florida is sinking into the ocean in 1,000 years, let alone 9.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️
Wrong, faggit, as usual:

PWN3D!
Umm, what, .0125 per decade? Fukin illiterate non reading motherfucker.
That is .0125 per year Dickbreath, or one inch every 8 years. and that rate is accelerating. You should look into a life alert bracelet in case you get lost again.

eta, here let me lay some knowledge on you.

Last edited:

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
That is .0125 per year Dickbreath, or one inch every 8 years. and that rate is accelerating. You should look into a life alert bracelet in case you get lost again.
You dont math very well, do ya dickhead. .0125 per year would be an inch in 80 fukin years, dumbass!

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Wrong, faggit, as usual:

the ground water table is rising because the tress have been pulled out.. climate change is 100% the resulf of men denuding the land.

"Miami Beach is known for its hot sunny days and incredible nightlife, but it’s not going to be around for long. Take advantage of the clubs and restaurants before 2050 (and perhaps even before the mid 2020s), because environmental writer Jeff Goodell predicts that Miami may be underwater sooner than you think. Goodell is, admittedly, writing intentionally shocking predictions - but they come from a basis in hard fact. He suggests that when flooding starts washing away the beaches, it will simply be too expensive for the government to maintain them."

No way Florida is sinking into the ocean in 1,000 years, let alone 9.

It's NOT sinking it's about water table levels.... TREES keep water tables LOW/deep, when land it cleared for housing or farmes, the ground waters tables rise closer to the surface... the ground already is saturated so when it rains you get puddles, there is nowhere for the rain to go... I was taking pictures of rural properties with large areas of large puddles a few days ago... the water saturation won't be there next month... they'll be all dried up.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Wrong, faggit, as usual:

Florida has a delicate subtropical ecosystem which was never intended to be mass developed like that I drove through the Florida Everglades once. It's below sea level as are some interior parts of the State.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

PWN3D!

Oh well they musta shut down all the area buildings, right? Lemme know josephine.

That collapsed building has a sister tower a couple of blocks down in the same area of town. It's projected lifespan can't be too long for this world...Lokmeer!

Biggie Smiles

I make libturds berry angry. I do!!!
Site Supporter
You dont math very well, do ya dickhead. .0125 per year would be an inch in 80 fukin years, dumbass!
bawwhahahahahahahahaahahahahahahaha

so much for all the university smarts

basic fucking math that can be done on a smart phone and the fucker can't even cope

did I not tell you these people were dumber than a bag of mulch?