Flowers in my avi

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
I do not have a green thumb. I have killed every house plant I bought when I came home. Extremely frustrating.

Your flowers look lovely.

OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I do not have a green thumb. I have killed every house plant I bought when I came home. Extremely frustrating.

Your flowers look lovely.

Thank you. It's about whether it's your passion or not. I wasn't that great at it at first either. Those grow in a container and we simply water and fertilize.

House plants need less water than you think. They also need good drainage, so don't let the roots soak in water or you'll get root rot.

My favorite grandpa was mad about gardening. He was constantly rooting new cuttings in coffee cans, etc. I think I got the bug from him.

I see flowers especially, as a smile from God, Nature, Higher Power, etc.

Aylana

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
there is a poinsettia in the sun room that has been in red bloom since February. Usually they drop their flowers and go all green in 4 to 5 weeks.

OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
there is a poinsettia in the sun room that has been in red bloom since February. Usually they drop their flowers and go all green in 4 to 5 weeks.

Nice! They like sun and warmth. They're originally from Mexico. There they grow as shrubs, tall shrubs at that. You can plant them outside if you're in a temperate or warm climate with little chance of frost or snow.