Western Australia Wildflowers

chew the fat

Fluent In Sarcasm
Site Supporter
What programs do you use to put a slide show together and add the music ...?

There are some nice screen wipes in there.

OP
OP
Omnipotent

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
What programs do you use to put a slide show together and add the music ...?

There are some nice screen wipes in there.

Just Windows Movie Maker that comes with my computer. I SHOULD have used those page turnovers earlier because the are great...

The music is free off YouTube because there are no copyright issues using their free music. I would put them to music I like but everything I like is copyrighted. They have a couple of hundred thousand free tracts. It just about drives me insane selecting one.

Somebody called Markus at another forum I go to hates my vids because he said it was a boring photo album .... BUT, that is my intention for now.. it is to make a visual reference to a body of work I have been doing over a decade. If I die, no one will see them .... it's really just a visual book. ANOTHER man loves them.

I have 4 main photography interests, 1 lightning photography, 2 Bird photography 3 landscape with trees and flowers. 4 old buildings

I am not into people... I am into nature, sadly I'm a minority....

I need to start promoting but first I need to actually sort out my 200,000 images....lol

Last edited:
OP
OP
Omnipotent

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I miss seeing all the Cat‘s Paws. NSW doesn’t seem to have them.
Well there is a story to the Catpaws (apparently they're spelled like that) I took those pictures 6 or 7 years ago. Wireless Hill in Applecross near me had a fire lit by a pyromaniac. The next year the Pussy Paws (I call them pussy paws) population EXPLODED. One old bloke couldn't get over it and said so to me. I was lucky to be in the right place at the right time.

Anyway, Wireless Hill, Applecross Kangaroo Paws are EVERYWHERE this year but there aren't that many Catpaws and yesterday I tried getting pictures but all my picture of them were blurred. So I went to Murdoch Uni and got some nice Hybrid Kangaroo Paws...

At Wireless Hill I captured Yellow Cotton Heads as well in beautiful focus. It's a pity you can' see fb pictures because all my photo albums are full.

I just worked out a better way to show off pictures using Youtube.... to make people watch a bit longer I put it to music.

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
Well there is a story to the Catpaws (apparently they're spelled like that) I took those pictures 6 or 7 years ago. Wireless Hill in Applecross near me had a fire lit by a pyromaniac. The next year the Pussy Paws (I call them pussy paws) population EXPLODED. One old bloke couldn't get over it and said so to me. I was lucky to be in the right place at the right time.

Anyway, Wireless Hill, Applecross Kangaroo Paws are EVERYWHERE this year but there aren't that many Catpaws and yesterday I tried getting pictures but all my picture of them were blurred. So I went to Murdoch Uni and got some nice Hybrid Kangaroo Paws...

At Wireless Hill I captured Yellow Cotton Heads as well in beautiful focus. It's a pity you can' see fb pictures because all my photo albums are full.

I just worked out a better way to show off pictures using Youtube.... to make people watch a bit longer I put it to music.
Hahahaaa…funny that you said Murdoch University, because that was exactly where I saw my first Cat‘s Paws way back in the mid-nineties when I was studying. They love the sandy soils. Nice!

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
images

images

While not West Australian, we have this unreal wildflower here in Sydney called the Flannel flower, Actinotus helianthi. The flowers feel just like flannelette.

OP
OP
Omnipotent

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
WA has a bigger variety however I think NSW has fantastic flora and fauna too.

My neighbour lectured botany and took her TAFE students to Murdoch... You would be shocked how our environment has been completely ruined suburb after suburb of new development... I have to admit to crying about it. I cry writing this. I tremble with anger too.

About 10 years ago I thought I would go out and shame our WA countrymen taking pictures of eye-sores THEY created... Weeds and Wire I wanted to call it... instead I said, holy shit, if I don't record what's left, children will never see what we had and we deliberately lost.

My attitude is, there is no such thing as unoccupied virgin habitat. Virgin Habitat contains our true biodiversity. Worrying about something I cannot change has made me sick. I met an American girl online yesterday who is trying to save an Oak tree from being cut down in the USA by Duke Electric company... We're worried us tree people ... it's making us sick.

At the very end of this vid are the 4 blurred pictures. It doesnt matter, the net has plenty of focused Catspaw pictures.

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
WA has a bigger variety however I think NSW has fantastic flora and fauna too.

My neighbour lectured botany and took her TAFE students to Murdoch... You would be shocked how our environment has been completely ruined suburb after suburb of new development... I have to admit to crying about it. I cry writing this. I tremble with anger too.

About 10 years ago I thought I would go out and shame our WA countrymen taking pictures of eye-sores THEY created... Weeds and Wire I wanted to call it... instead I said, holy shit, if I don't record what's left, children will never see what we had and we deliberately lost.

My attitude is, there is no such thing as unoccupied virgin habitat. Virgin Habitat contains our true biodiversity. Worrying about something I cannot change has made me sick. I met an American girl online yesterday who is trying to save an Oak tree from being cut down in the USA by Duke Electric company... We're worried us tree people ... it's making us sick.

At the very end of this vid are the 4 blurred pictures. It doesnt matter, the net has plenty of focused Catspaw pictures.

Lovely video. That is why Spring is such a favourite season of mine. The beautiful bush land flowers appearing everywhere.

chew the fat

Fluent In Sarcasm
Site Supporter
Just Windows Movie Maker that comes with my computer. I SHOULD have used those page turnovers earlier because the are great...

The music is free off YouTube because there are no copyright issues using their free music. I would put them to music I like but everything I like is copyrighted. They have a couple of hundred thousand free tracts. It just about drives me insane selecting one.

Somebody called Markus at another forum I go to hates my vids because he said it was a boring photo album .... BUT, that is my intention for now.. it is to make a visual reference to a body of work I have been doing over a decade. If I die, no one will see them .... it's really just a visual book. ANOTHER man loves them.

I have 4 main photography interests, 1 lightning photography, 2 Bird photography 3 landscape with trees and flowers. 4 old buildings

I am not into people... I am into nature, sadly I'm a minority....

I need to start promoting but first I need to actually sort out my 200,000 images....lol

I can't like your YouTube as I haven't opened my account in over 10 years and I can't remember my name or password. :OhGawd:

I use an online free Photoshop clone called LunaPic which does captions in various fonts which look good.

It would let you make very cool captions but I'm not sure if it will do them on video as I have only done them on a single slide.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

OP
OP
Omnipotent

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I can't like your YouTube as I haven't opened my account in over 10 years and I can't remember my name or password. :OhGawd:

I use an online free Photoshop clone called LunaPic which does captions in various fonts which look good.

It would let you make very cool captions but I'm not sure if it will do them on video as I have only done them on a single slide.

Make a new account in YOUTUBE...

YES, I know luna pic but I haven't used that for eons.

I can write on my youtubes and do voice overs... I have to get off my bum and do more. I am trying but everytime that bloody windows does an update on my computer I lose features and I just can't afford to try and get someone to straighten out things that go wrong...

I just found out not that long ago my camera has features I didn't know about... like I can sharpen and saturate BEFORE I take a shot....anyway ... it is a never ending learning curve. I want to do stuff before I die or the last decade will have been for nowt.

The feature I lost is my software for my camera... something about drivers missing... I feel like suing Microsoft... I am soooooo angry I cannot load up videos from my camera to my PC and now my computer doesn't recognise my mobile phone... all that sort of shit slows me down.

chew the fat

Fluent In Sarcasm
Site Supporter
I was able to watch some of your videos on the Sony big screen tv through the YouTube app ...

The winter 2022 video with the orange/red sunsets comes up real nice on a 75'' flat screen.

They look a lot better on the big screen than on a laptop.

I own a couple of Panasonic cameras, but I very rarely use them as I'm not into photography at all. ... :OhGawd:

OP
OP
Omnipotent

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I was able to watch some of your videos on the Sony big screen tv through the YouTube app ...

The winter 2022 video with the orange/red sunsets comes up real nice on a 75'' flat screen.

They look a lot better on the big screen than on a laptop.

I own a couple of Panasonic cameras, but I very rarely use them as I'm not into photography at all. ... :OhGawd:

All those new vids I have been doing are watched on my big screen flat TVs... the quality on 95% of them is smashing. If only I had my drivers back.

I don't know how to fix this... let me screen cap my problem... brb.

OP
OP
Omnipotent

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
See, I just read this... I mean how do I even fix this? This is why I thought I would just chuck it all in because it's all too much angst. computers may have been fun at one time, (I can't remember when though) but today they are just a pain in the arse, the neck... you name it.

How do I fix root element missing?

You can resolve it by completing the following steps:
  1. Go to the client tier directory (Default location: C:\Program Files\CAREWare\RW CAREWare Client Tier)
  2. Locate and highlight the ClientTierSettings. XML file.
  3. Delete the ClientTierSettings. XML file.
  4. Open and log in to CAREWare as normal.

chew the fat

Fluent In Sarcasm
Site Supporter
See, I just read this... I mean how do I even fix this? This is why I thought I would just chuck it all in because it's all too much angst. computers may have been fun at one time, (I can't remember when though) but today they are just a pain in the arse, the neck... you name it.

How do I fix root element missing?

You can resolve it by completing the following steps:
  1. Go to the client tier directory (Default location: C:\Program Files\CAREWare\RW CAREWare Client Tier)
  2. Locate and highlight the ClientTierSettings. XML file.
  3. Delete the ClientTierSettings. XML file.
  4. Open and log in to CAREWare as normal.

I think you are out of my league with a fault like that ... I haven't seen anything like that on my W10 laptop.

I have had trouble with W10 upgrades but they usually resolve themselves but only after a fair amount of time.

chew the fat

Fluent In Sarcasm
Site Supporter
All I can see is in the 2 posts above ...

Facebook SDK. Disable any adblocker or tracking protection and try again.