Headed to California tomorrow

Admin.

When you're a Alpha, you're an Alpha all the way!
Site Supporter
☠️Private Forum Access
How long ya gonna be stateside? I assume kiddos and what not are in the mix. It'll be nice to see some old memories and the inevitable changes will make you wistful.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
☠️Private Forum Access
How long ya gonna be stateside? I assume kiddos and what not are in the mix. It'll be nice to see some old memories and the inevitable changes will make you wistful.
Totally here 100% for kiddos. Spending 4 weeks here. Only 1 in CA.

I am wistful just thinking of how California used to be. I think it's gonna hurt to see it now. My great grandparents moved to California from the East coast, so five generations of us in that state -- all gone now. Except my siblings are still there. But my kids don't live there anymore.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
☠️Private Forum Access
It's as crazy as ever. It's going to be supersonic speed to you compared to what your life is like in Portugal. I hope you enjoy the things you do miss...
Yup. The speed and the impatience will be total culture shock. Already experienced some of that in the airports.

Admin.

When you're a Alpha, you're an Alpha all the way!
Site Supporter
☠️Private Forum Access
How's your Portuguese, I imagine you must pretty day to day chit chat and interaction fluent by now, and if there's any "jet lag" in speaking Merican again, now that you're here for a visit.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
☠️Private Forum Access
How's your Portuguese, I imagine you must pretty day to day chit chat and interaction fluent by now, and if there's any "jet lag" in speaking Merican again, now that you're here for a visit.
LOL. I'm still having to stop myself from figuring out how I have to say everything when I start to talk here. I can just open my mouth and talk!

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
LOL. I'm still having to stop myself from figuring out how I have to say everything when I start to talk here. I can just open my mouth and talk!

Funny isn't it? Even though I speak Spanish fairly fluently, sometimes vocabulary words stump me.

Like "highlighter". I have to look up how to say that. They didn't exist when I was learning Spanish.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
☠️Private Forum Access
Funny isn't it? Even though I speak Spanish fairly fluently, sometimes vocabulary words stump me.

Like "highlighter". I have to look up how to say that. They didn't exist when I was learning Spanish.
I'm still stumped by verb conjugations, and it's mainly due to my Spanish. I expect Portuguese to be pretty close, and often it just isn't at all. I still kind of speak Portanhol. Actually, Portanholish. And the Portuguese is really messing with my Spanish. When I went to Spain, I kept using Portuguese words.

Weeg

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Totally here 100% for kiddos. Spending 4 weeks here. Only 1 in CA.

I am wistful just thinking of how California used to be. I think it's gonna hurt to see it now. My great grandparents moved to California from the East coast, so five generations of us in that state -- all gone now. Except my siblings are still there. But my kids don't live there anymore.
come visit me and momma in OHIO!!

Murdy

Louie the Love Nugget’s Mom
Site Supporter
☠️Private Forum Access
I heard a rumor around town that she was at the rainbow room doing bumps off the bouncers knuckle waiting for a table in VIP

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
☠️Private Forum Access
Do they have free liquor at weddings?
Yes. It was free. Wine and two fancy cocktails. The wedding was gorgeous and fun. Danced half the night. We were there for about six hours. Probably 80 or so people. Outside, on a cliff above the ocean. Just gorgeous. The food was fantastic. They must have spent a fortune. I think the bride's parents are quite well off.

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Moderator ☠️
Yes. It was free. Wine and two fancy cocktails. The wedding was gorgeous and fun. Danced half the night. We were there for about six hours. Probably 80 or so people. Outside, on a cliff above the ocean. Just gorgeous. The food was fantastic. They must have spent a fortune. I think the bride's parents are quite well off.
Sounds like they are. A cliff over the ocean would be a beautiful sight to see indeed. Glad to hear that you had a good time.