How Do You Think The Harris Trump Debate Is Going To Go?

The New Holliday

Now With 25% More Infinity
Site Supporter
Factory Bastard
Try getting the elites to go after the employers that hire those people. No jobs, no people.

Easy enough. But they won't do that, will they?
Nope...they are bought and paid for.
. Exactly what I've been saying.
If the Democrats were the Liberals they should be (or some accuse them of being - LoLz), they'd have shut it down, but they long ago became what I like to call - The Other Conservatives.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Nope...they are bought and paid for.
. Exactly what I've been saying.
If the Democrats were the Liberals they should be (or some accuse them of being - LoLz), they'd have shut it down, but they long ago became what I like to call - The Other Conservatives.

They know that over the course of our history that immigration has been a net positive for this country. We didn't become the most powerful country the planet has ever seen by isolating ourselves from the rest of the world.

What they haven't managed to do is get it done legally.

Plus, we created the conditions south of the border in a large part by intervening in their countries. This is what America gets for our government's intervention on behalf of United Fruit, Anaconda, ITT...etc

The New Holliday

Site Supporter
Factory Bastard
They know that over the course of our history that immigration has been a net positive for this country.
It isn't 1840 (US pop - 17 mil). These things aren't a static equations.
. We have 330 million people in this country.
Convince me that isn't enough.
'splain me why constant growth is a good thing and tell me if there is a point at which, forseeably, enough will be enough.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
It isn't 1840. These things aren't a static equations.
. We have 330 million people in this country.
Convince me that isn't enough.
'splain me why constant growth is a good thing and tell me if there is a point at which, forseeably, enough will be enough.

Because the demographics aren't even. If we continue on this current path, there won't be enough workers to finance our senior years.

Can't keep sending the money to the 1/10th of the 1% and expect the rest of us to have decent lives.

A lot has to be fixed, not simply legal or illegal immigration.

The New Holliday

Site Supporter
Factory Bastard
Because the demographics aren't even. If we continue on this current path, there won't be enough workers to finance our senior years.
LoLz - I'm sure you, not being familiar with data analysis and statistics, have no idea what you just suggested.

.Shall I tell you or wait to see if it suddenly hits you?

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
LoLz - I'm sure you, not being familiar with data analysis and statistics, have no idea what you just suggested.

.Shall I tell you or wait to see if it suddenly hits you?

I know exactly what I said. There aren't enough workers to fund you for all the years you plan on living if we stop having workers that pay into it in the numbers that are needed.

The New Holliday

Site Supporter
Factory Bastard
I know exactly what I said. There aren't enough workers to fund you for all the years you plan on living if we stop having workers that pay into it in the numbers that are needed.
....and......if that requires increasing the population, will it not require forever increasing it to finance the future of the generation who financed all us old and in the way assholes and the one who financed them?

You see, you just advocated for endless forever growth. In medical terms....CANCER. Uncontrolled growth no end until catastrophic collapse of life. Not that I'll care - grace of God I will be dead by then.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
....and......if that requires increasing the population, will it not require forever increasing it to finance the future of the generation who financed all us old and in the way assholes and the one who financed them?

You see, you just advocated for endless forever growth. In medical terms....CANCER. Uncontrolled growth no end until catastrophic collapse of life. Not that I'll care - grace of God I will be dead by then.
There are going to be population crashes.

American women are only having 1.6 children per family. The fertility rate is a big problem.

I think that you look at the country through an antiquated and very narrow lens.

Oh well, we don't have to agree.

The New Holliday

Site Supporter
Factory Bastard
American women are only having 1.6 children per family. The fertility rate is a big problem.
It is below replacement level, which as you know I have noted for years in discussions on this topic.
...but that is a good thing, madam. All population increase, as I have noted, is from immigration.
We need to REDUCE (not increase) population.

The antiquated notion/lens, is that we must continue ever expanding (like a cancer, like a virus,) like encephalitis.

Oh well, we don't have to agree.
...and YAAAY us - we have succeeded. High-fives, BAAAAYBEEEE!

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
It is below replacement level, which as you know I have noted for years in discussions on this topic.
...but that is a good thing, madam. All population increase, as I have noted, is from immigration.
We need to REDUCE (not increase) population.

The antiquated notion/lens, is that we must continue ever expanding (like a cancer, like a virus,) like encephalitis.

...and YAAAY us - we have succeeded. High-fives, BAAAAYBEEEE!

I've never insisted that we had to agree.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Factory Bastard
Betting Odds favor Kamala Harris over Trump after the debate:

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Interesting how the endorsement by Taylor Swift is seen as a factor pushing up Harris chances as well.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Factory Bastard

-
That's what Canada under Trudeau has been doing @The New Holliday - increasing the population thru mass immigration.

But his government has been getting a lot of blowback because of it.

Canada needs new immigrants to pay for future entitlements but Trudeau has been criticized for increasing the population too fast and letting in too many immigrants.

Admin.

When you're a Alpha, you're an Alpha all the way!
Site Supporter
☠️Private Forum Access
Betting Odds favor Kamala Harris over Trump after the debate:

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Interesting how the endorsement by Taylor Swift is seen as a factor pushing up Harris chances as well.
Well yeah that's why politicians like to play popular music and have stars at their rallies etc. I think they call it "Star Power"

EcDMZouWsAMn-Wy.jpg

Kid Rock is the music legend backing trump.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Factory Bastard
Well yeah that's why politicians like to play popular music and have stars at their rallies etc. I think they call it "Star Power"

EcDMZouWsAMn-Wy.jpg

Kid Rock is the music legend backing trump.
However Taylor Swift is different.

She earns more in 1 year than some nations do & her assets are worth more than them too.

She has enough appeal to sway a Presidential election & get enough her fans to vote for Harris.

I don't think Kid Rock has a similar capability.

Swift us the most popular pop star atm

Admin.

When you're a Alpha, you're an Alpha all the way!
Site Supporter
☠️Private Forum Access
However Taylor Swift is different.

She earns more in 1 year than some nations do & her assets are worth more than them too.

She has enough appeal to sway a Presidential election & get enough her fans to vote for Harris.

I don't think Kid Rock has a similar capability.

Swift us the most popular pop star atm
Eggzacktly.

Music people left and right are sending Trump cease and desist letters for their music all the time.

Stars around the world are liking Taylor's post.

Last edited:

The New Holliday

Site Supporter
Factory Bastard
-
That's what Canada under Trudeau has been doing @The New Holliday - increasing the population thru mass immigration.

But his government has been getting a lot of blowback because of it.

Canada needs new immigrants to pay for future entitlements but Trudeau has been criticized for increasing the population too fast and letting in too many immigrants.
Joe, you're a thoughtful fellow and I always appreciated that about you.
. Here's the thing though:
It's fine that we have people living longer - fine they aren't forever wage slaves.
.What isn't fine is that pricks who are money hungry, it stuff deh mony in its pockets, monsters make 400 X what the people who actually do the work make. They can be the ones that pay in a lil more, not the unborn in a forever game of who can make more babies - because I'll guarantee you it won't be the highbred makin them babies..
.That's the future selfish (conservative) shits are making.
That should be enough for a thoughtful soul to chew on.

..or to put it more simply - we are in a retrograde evolutionary cycle. Thanks conservatives.
. Otay - I spilled the beans there.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Factory Bastard
Joe, you're a thoughtful fellow and I always appreciated that about you.
. Here's the thing though:
It's fine that we have people living longer - fine they aren't forever wage slaves.
.What isn't fine is that pricks who are money hungry, it stuff deh mony in its pockets, monsters make 400 X what the people who actually do the work make. They can be the ones that pay in a lil more, not the unborn in a forever game of who can make more babies - because I'll guarantee you it won't be the highbred makin them babies..
.That's the future selfish (conservative) shits are making.
That should be enough for a thoughtful soul to chew on.

..or to put it more simply - we are in a retrograde evolutionary cycle. Thanks conservatives.
. Otay - I spilled the beans there.
Way I look at it is there needs to be financial capitalism and a social capitalism @The New Holliday . Many others have alluded to this idea but they don't often state it explicitly.

I thought 1 way it could work is tax the wealthy but also give them tax breaks/credits if they perform actions that governments would otherwise have to do. Like infrastructure, building hospitals, social housing, fixing roads, etc. Or creating jobs at home, retaining employees instead of shipping jobs overseas.

So theyd get all the tax breaks/credits coming to them as long as they invested socially & in the local economy. I think they call that benevolent capitalism & the benefactor gets his or her name on public works projects etc.

There has to be a way of getting the wealthy to pay for things but giving them back in return so they dont flee and set up their businesses elsewhere.

I think that's what Harris should do instead of tax unrealized capital gains. Give the business something in return for providing something.

It might even lower us budget deficits & increase tax revenue.

The New Holliday

Site Supporter
Factory Bastard
There has to be a way of getting the wealthy to pay for things but giving them back in return so they dont flee and set up their businesses elsewhere.
Hey, they are welcome to flee.

...without their assets.
They will be giving back then. LoLz

Yeh - they get plenty write-offs, Joe.
We only need to limit what they take.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Factory Bastard
Hey, they are welcome to flee.

...without their assets.
They will be giving back then. LoLz

Yeh - they get plenty write-offs, Joe.
We only need to limit what they take.
Well that's the way Harris/Walz could encourage American businesses to invest back into your country and quite possibly lower the budget deficits. Give them tax breaks and money back into their pockets if they spend money to improve the society thru investments into education & infrastructure. I mean if a corporation or individual punks down $100 million of their own money that taxpayers would normally pay for its savings in the long run. Plus a lot of these projects are undertaken thru deficit financing. So if these things are paid for without taxing the population it puts more money back in everyone's pockets and lowers the debt

The New Holliday

Site Supporter
Factory Bastard
Give them tax breaks
Don't you believe Warren Buffet and the IRS? Wealthy people and big businesses already get massive tax breaks common folk don't. Thet ther is the problem, Joe.
We doan need provide incentives for them to pay in, we just need to say

.."You fucking better or it's yer ass?.

however - I think I've already splained elsewhere recently why that won't happen.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Factory Bastard
One fairly obvious example where a public private partnership could work is San Francisco. The silicon valley billionaires should pay more tax but then they could be told that they would get tax rebates if they helped reduce homelessness and rebuild San Francisco through investments in infrastructure etc.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Factory Bastard
Don't you believe Warren Buffet and the IRS? Wealthy people and big businesses already get massive tax breaks common folk don't. Thet ther is the problem, Joe.
We doan need provide incentives for them to pay in, we just need to say

.."You fucking better or it's yer ass?.

however - I think I've already splained elsewhere recently why that won't happen.
Well admittedly that the wrong way to go about it. Enrich the rich but then don't make them give anything back in return.

At least in Canada some billionaires have donated hundreds of millions to help get hospitals built and in the process saved the government a lot of money they would otherwise have to spend through taxation or deficit spending.

Ie 'Jim Pattison' hospital - go look it/ him up. Guy gave as much as $100 million in 1 shot to get a major hospital built. That's the way capitalism should work. Tax the billionaire but give him something back if does something for the society and the local economy