How many of you are flat earthers?

Biggie Smiles

I make libturds berry angry. I do!!!
Site Supporter
Why do I get the impression that Poark isn't just innocently asking questions out of curiosity, and instead has an ulterior motive where she desperately wants to prove you wrong.....

I felt the same lol. I think shes asking them from this lol....

iu

I don't even bother engaging her, she's an obstinate bitch who would claim that the sun is blue if it benefitted her argument.

Her and Lotus are so similar, that it's likely the reason why they don't get along.

What benefit do I have here from exploring ideas?

See, that's the problem with your generation. You believe challenging ideas is actually a personal attack. If the Earth is flat as he seems to believe, I want to know how it works.
So it’s kinda like when you call Trump a racist and we ask for proof and then you start throwing insults and silly memes cause you can’t find any.
Got it

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Why do I get the impression that Poark isn't just innocently asking questions out of curiosity, and instead has an ulterior motive where she desperately wants to prove you wrong.....

I felt the same lol. I think shes asking them from this lol....

iu

I don't even bother engaging her, she's an obstinate bitch who would claim that the sun is blue if it benefitted her argument.

Her and Lotus are so similar, that it's likely the reason why they don't get along.

What benefit do I have here from exploring ideas?

See, that's the problem with your generation. You believe challenging ideas is actually a personal attack. If the Earth is flat as he seems to believe, I want to know how it works.
So it’s kinda like when you call Trump a racist and we ask for proof and then you start throwing insults and silly memes cause you can’t find any.
Got it

Indeed.

The irony in that statement is INCREDIBLE.

No self awareness. NONE.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
But we have seen the earth from space

This video is cool

That video is cool, but you can see the camera is distorting the image.

Look at the 14 second mark; the horizon looks really curved, but we are only seeing maybe a hundred miles of land from left to right at the horizon.

Now go to the 5:00 mark. Now we are seeing thousands of miles, yet the curve looks the same.

If the Earth were really spherical and we see that much of a curve of just about 100 miles, then we would expect to see something more like a semi-circle when we looked at several thousands of miles.

Bad camera lens are responsible for a number of misconceptions we have about the Earth.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

This video is cool

That video is cool, but you can see the camera is distorting the image.

Look at the 14 second mark; the horizon looks really curved, but we are only seeing maybe a hundred miles of land from left to right at the horizon.

Now go to the 5:00 mark. Now we are seeing thousands of miles, yet the curve looks the same.

If the Earth were really spherical and we see that much of a curve of just about 100 miles, then we would expect to see something more like a semi-circle when we looked at several thousands of miles.

Bad camera lens are responsible for a number of misconceptions we have about the Earth.

I just figure it's very big and tilted a bit. So I dont see any issues with it being round and looking like that in the video. Once people start talking about all this stuff about sun rays and curves it loses me lol. I really wouldnt know how to argue this. But also I've never had strong feelings about it.

I do believe its round but if I found out tomorrow it's not, i would be like "Huh, well that's funny" lol. I'm cool either way and even though I do not think it is flat.....I wouldn't be a dick to people who do. I've known very intelligent people (even a doctor) who believes the earth is flat, and they come with all these arguments that I'm genuinely too ignorant on the topic to challange.

It pleases me to see this topic here because I do enjoy this kinda stuff ....just more as a voyuer lol. I mean I'll give my opinion here and there or ask a question but i hope no one is expecting me to have some well informed, passionate fact based argument on this one....there is gonna be some disappointment :Happy5:

Human life in the womb though is something i will argue to the death. I'll fight that radical gender ideology shit all day too.

Unlike some "comrades" here, I dont feel any pressing need to pretend I know more than I do. I love space and planets though.

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter

This video is cool

Go Pro gives you a curved lense. You need a GoPro Corrective Lens.

I swear to God Dovey, did you even watch the video I posted!! lol

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

This video is cool

I didnt, not gonna lie. I've seen a lot of stuff about this though.....I didnt blow it off like "fuck Blazors vid" lol.

Yeah go pros are curved. We use those when we go outside the abortion clinics. So I'm used to that curve.

This was super duper curved though....beyond the go pro curve lol.

I'll watch the video when I start doing dishes.

Biggie Smiles

Site Supporter
After 12 pages of this, the only person I know of that believes the earth is flat, is Dead Skin Mask. God love him
so blazor is pretending?

He just said he was open to it.....not sold on it lol
he came in soft at forst, but then he got all hardcore, hes a flat earther lol

its weird, agreeing with lotus vs blazor on something

I just like pointing out all the reasoning with Flat Earth lol. They got a lot of good points.

Im still not sold on it, but I can agree with a lot of their points making sense.

I mean fuck, none of us been to space. And neither have the astroNOTS. All they can go is low earth orbit. I've seen proofs on that too.

we have been through this, what causes gravity then?

Its not about gravity, its about buoyancy.... Missy. lol

Did you even watch the Flat Earth movie I posted lol?
THere's a movie?

I missed it. Post it again

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Quick question to LettuceButt and any other crazy round Earther:

Do you eat peas on a round bowling ball or a flat plate?

I bet you eat peas on a flat plate.

If you ate peas on a bowling ball, they would roll off, right?

Biggie Smiles

Site Supporter
I'm a man of faith and impeccable virtue

So I'm going with the earth is round because God inspired the prophet Isiah to write about it at a time when the popular belief was that the earth was flat. Long Long before the invention of telescopes and space travel etc etc

Isaiah 40:22

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
I'm a man of faith and impeccable virtue

So I'm going with the earth is round because God inspired the prophet Isiah to write about it at a time when the popular belief was that the earth was flat. Long Long before the invention of telescopes and space travel etc etc

Isaiah 40:22

Scripture also says in the laws given by God that if you are caring for a sick person, to wash your hands under running water.....looonnggg before we knew about microbes and during a time where everyone washed thier hands (and feet) in bowls of standing water.

It also says to circumcise on the 8th day before we knew about when a newborns blood starts clotting.

And it talks about springs of water underneath the water before we discovered those.

All kinds of interesting stuff. It's a fun topic. At least for people who dont have some hateful, close minded response to any talk about the bible.

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
Seems like most people in this thread are boldly going where no one has gone before.

Anyone with even a mere handful of brain cells at their disposition (and a modicum of education) knows the following to be true:

✓ The Earth, like other high-gravity solar system bodies, is a sphere (slightly squashed at the poles because of its rotational axis);

✓ The planets formed by pulling matter (increasing gravity attracting stellar dust, debris, and gases) to themselves from an accretion disk originally surrounding and rotating around our young sun; the Earth is no exception;

✓ The "water finds its own level" argument for a flat Earth is born of a failure on the part of those who use it to understand the scales involved; same thing goes for the "sun's divergent rays" argument [here's a simple experiment anyone can perform: next time you see a daytime crescent moon (say, in late afternoon) on a sunny day, hold a golf ball or a tennis ball at arm's length next to the moon and you will see that their respective terminators (the line that divides the sunlight from the shadow on their surface) are precisely parallel, not divergent];

✓ Gravity is a thing; "buoyancy" has nothing to do with anything (if it did, and if gravity were non-existent, there would be no reason for any object to fall toward the ground rather than in any other direction); there's no spectacle quite as charming as seeing a gravity-denier make his point by pouring a glass of water over a spinning basketball held in his hands and claiming that, if gravity were real, the water would never just fly off the ball like so... while forgetting about the water falling off the ball to the ground because... gravity.

I'm pretty much done with arguing with Flat Earthers. Addressing such mental midgetry is usually a waste of time. To those truck drivers, shoe sales associates, and barristas who claim they've "researched" the subject, I say "Don't bother." For centuries now, folks with an interest in these matters have devoted their lives to this research, relying on increasingly sophisticated tools and instruments to do so, and reporting their findings to a community of like-minded experts for peer review. The language of science (mathematical equations, mostly, when it comes to astronomy and astrophysics) is often beyond the ken of most truck drivers, shoe sales associates, and barristas. Hence the need to heed science popularizers such as Sagan, Hawking, DeGrasse Tyson, Greene, Kaku, and the rest. You can disbelieve them if you wish, but you also need to shut the hell up about your ignorant idiocies. You're making it difficult for smart peop!e to become smarter.

The Earth is not flat.
Jesus Christ Bertrude...most of us are highly educated here. You’re prattling on to the wrong audience!

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter

This video is cool

I didnt, not gonna lie. I've seen a lot of stuff about this though.....I didnt blow it off like "fuck Blazors vid" lol.

Yeah go pros are curved. We use those when we go outside the abortion clinics. So I'm used to that curve.

This was super duper curved though....beyond the go pro curve lol.

I'll watch the video when I start doing dishes.

You can actually see a curve turn flat, with the corrective lens.

You can also see where the "curve" gets inverted at some point, because of the lens.

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
After 12 pages of this, the only person I know of that believes the earth is flat, is Dead Skin Mask. God love him
so blazor is pretending?

I just like pointing out all the reasoning with Flat Earth lol. They got a lot of good points.

Im still not sold on it, but I can agree with a lot of their points making sense.

I mean fuck, none of us been to space. And neither have the astroNOTS. All they can go is low earth orbit. I've seen proofs on that too.

THere's a movie?

Here ya go!

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Cool assumption. Sounds like you almost got caught? I could live in the triplex I still own In Sonoma. The place pays Bank. BOOM

Biggie Smiles

Site Supporter
so blazor is pretending?

THere's a movie?

Here ya go!

Interesting. I'm at the 12 minute mark where they are talking about optics

and since we have an actual eye doctor on this board I'd like him to weigh in on the optical stuff in particular which starts at around the 11 minute mark

@wizer care to oblige old friend?

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Cool assumption. Sounds like you almost got caught? I could live in the triplex I still own In Sonoma. The place pays Bank. BOOM
I actually dont blame you for saving money by living in the CR Hovel so you can make a buck stretch. Its your hypocrisy tho.