I went on a quick trip to Murdyland

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
@Murdy

Like I told you already, I was in your neck of the woods. I was there at ungodly hours, the only benefit to that was driving as the sun was coming up. I was headed east at one point and seeing the low morning sun shining ever so delicately on the hills was fairly breathtaking; the shadows and contrasting light with the sky a moody morning blue...

Porto's Cuban bakery was my last stop before leaving. Yummy food and pastry. If any of you readers spends any time in the LA area, Porto's is worth a stop for some coffee and pastry. If not a quick Cuban lunch.
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

The traffic was murder, even at ungodly hours. Enough to set off anxiety in even the calmest of souls. Returning in a couple of months to spend time with my bestie. It's been a couple of years. Will be hitting the Simon Norton and probably the Getty Museums. So much to do, so little time to do it in one trip.

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
I thought those were from bots, not posters. Anyway, that establishment is outstanding. I took some pics, maybe I'll post them at the food sub.
For the most part it is bots but I've seen many people register on forums making their first post a brief explanation of their service with a link to their site included. Depending on how thorough your mods are the post is deleted fairly quickly and the account closed.

OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
For the most part it is bots but I've seen many people register on forums making their first post a brief explanation of their service with a link to their site included. Depending on how thorough your mods are the post is deleted fairly quickly and the account closed.

I guess you're right, I have noticed that a few times. As you say, I think those posts disappeared quickly. I just never thought about it much.

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
All the croquettes looked delicious. They have a new one, I think it's fresh corn with green chiles.
I didn't buy any though.

EBS loves the croquettes. I love the guava and cheese danish pastries OMFG they are to die for. The last time we walked out of there, they asked us if we were having a party there were so many boxes.

Nope… just hosting a weekend for 8 in Big Bear and these are the snacks! :GiggleBitch:

OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
EBS loves the croquettes. I love the guava and cheese danish pastries OMFG they are to die for. The last time we walked out of there, they asked us if we were having a party there were so many boxes.

Nope… just hosting a weekend for 8 in Big Bear and these are the snacks! :GiggleBitch:

Yes, the guava and cream cheese are called "Refugiados"...they are amazing. The besitos with dulce de leche are among my favorites as well.