I'm thinking about selling my mansion

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
Recently Florida has required ALL homeowners to have flood insurance, if you thought homeowners was expensive, KAPOW!

I read it’s really hard to get…

Sounds like a shitshow train wreck nightmare to me.

If he sells… at least the toothless attack hooker can’t wear him down and relocate.

Admin.

All that glitters, is not gold.
Site Supporter ☠️
I read it’s really hard to get…

Sounds like a shitshow train wreck nightmare to me.

If he sells… at least the toothless attack hooker can’t wear him down and relocate.
On the plus side the Goobernor is busy playing Secretary of State and engaging in a pissing contest with Mickey Mouse, when he's not bullying education.!

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
On the plus side the Goobernor is busy playing Secretary of State and engaging in a pissing contest with Mickey Mouse, when he's not bullying education.!

What is it with that side and always trying to impede on freedom of speech via gag orders?

My $$$ is on the mouse…

Admin.

All that glitters, is not gold.
Site Supporter ☠️

KidKraft Modern Luxury Dollhouse, 12 Pieces​

e34579f6273f98ff891688dc40069d34e1630cdb.jpeg

Post is unclear, are the furnishings included?

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
I like how I'm just living my life and I come on here and see a two faced miserable fat ass who targeted a taken man to sexually harrass for years while he blew off her advances....who actually DID wear him down enough to pity fuck her even though he couldn't even keep a hard on is wailing about how she's "relieved" that I....his former girlfriend that he actually wanted who he still is friends with who he respects and cares about....is gonna "wear him down" and try to move into his house.

Talk about bitterness induced paranoid delusions.

Imagine feeling that entitled to a man who isn't even interested in you to harbor such resentment towards the woman he was already dating before you even met him that all these years later you are still spewing venom about it.

Wow.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I noticed it took her about ten minutes after Biggie for locked in the punishment forum before she crawled out from under a rock and started posting again after a long absence.

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Yes folks, that 7 bedroom, 2 office beautiful palace on 2 acres of wonderful greenery that has the 15 car driveway, Olympic size pool and 8 person whirlpool spa in the backyard

Current estimates are close to 1.2 million and I bought the thing for 425,000 just three short years ago

I mean -- hell -- with a profit like that I'd be willing to rent for a few years until after the looming recession then buy again

of course, you know me, I'd rent something luxurious of course

Investing in real estate is a solid investment... it hands down beats the shit out of the stock market....

Remember, location, location, location..

Stay where you are, rent two rooms out....

Actually... that was bad advice.... never share your home with anything other than the kids.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Of you bought anything on the last three to four years then get ready for the prices of real estate to go down. Any relatively new purchasers are going to be under water unless they put down a large down payment. Worse is how high interest rates are baked in now for the next decade. People with low mortgage rates will not want to move because that would mean selling low plus the new mortgage would be three times the interest rate of their old one.

This is going to suck but those who can put down at least 20% and who have the cash to pay high interest rates... They might be able to find deals but they will need mich larger discounts to off set the extra cost of high interest rates.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
I noticed it took her about ten minutes after Biggie for locked in the punishment forum before she crawled out from under a rock and started posting again after a long absence.

I've hardly even been on lately and she comes here to talk about me LOL

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Actually @The Prowler .. the anser is NO.

I don't. I have no regrets at all.

Cuz when you bring up the point I realize if I had, I'd be more rooted here and more obligated to stay.

This is true whether you live in whter it's Ontario, Florida, California whatever.

Even nice livable places can trap a person Prowler.

Whatever the place you buy a house in, it's kinda like establishing roots cuz it's bricks and mortar.

While people can move and certainly do to faraway places aftere selling teir houses, it's harder to pac up and leave than if you're a renter. BTW, even as a renter ya kinda get too comfotable in a place.So, I'd like to move before it starts to feel or become permanent..

There's more legal hassles and of course a large property usu means more stuff to unload and get rid of.

Your life just becomes more complicated with the more real estate you own.

Y'know Prolwer, I don't even regret living in an apartment all this time simply because it made me realize the things I like about city living, and the things I don't.

There's positives and negatives, but I'v gotten to think lately, that I don't want to live in the city full time forever.

There's other places to explore, go to, and possibly move to.

If I was planning something permanent, I've decided it wouldn't be Vancouver.

Other places appeal to me more.

Omnipotent = no rent, no mortgage.

People across the road = $600 a week for rent.

why would a person my age want to pay rent?

This is why I wanted to be a home owner 30 years ago so I wouldn't have push shit uphill in later years.

ALSO I now have the option to sell, buy in a retirement villiage and travel the world on a cruise ship until I am dead I guess.... put it this way... I have limitless options because I paid attention when I was younger and invested in secure real estate.

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I think I'm holding till about 1.5

gotta figure out a cheaper place to hold up until prices come back down to scoop up another mansion tho

You got two Biggie Jrs.... What's the bet one Jr comes back with a Sheila knocked up granddaddy Pop Bigly?

Keep your estate... use the equity and buy a condo or two and rent them out... go slum lord mogul.... haha

Actually Megan_au and I considered buying whole streets in Cleveland when we saw you could buy places for $3,000 each...about 18 years ago..

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
there are no affordable places to rent in Perth WA.... 80 families turn up to try to rent a place only one family can use... less than 1% of available on the market to rent...they are erecting suburbs without shops or medical centres or even enough spaces for cars.

And they are planning next year to dump 900,000 immigrants to Australia...of course, that is just what we need, more foreigners right?...

:(

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

This is why I wanted to be a home owner 30 years ago so I wouldn't have push shit uphill in later years.

ALSO I now have the option to sell, buy in a retirement villiage and travel the world on a cruise ship until I am dead I guess.... put it this way... I have limitless options because I paid attention when I was younger and invested in secure real estate.
I'd move to Australia @Omnipotent but frankly I caint stand excessive heat & the prospect of no water.

Lack of Water especially....is yer guys future Achilles heel.

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I'd move to Australia @Omnipotent but frankly I caint stand excessive heat & the prospect of no water.

Lack of Water especially....is yer guys future Achilles heel.

lol.... you say that while I am here right now freezing my arse off thinking I better go drag out my leggings,...

we have 3 desalination plants.... we are never going to run out of water.... you do realize we a continent ya know.... we have ski slops and tropical jungle and deserts, and rain forests....

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

That is what people should plan to do early.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard

I am in the same boat.

I paid my first mortgage off in under 5 years.

This one we took a little longer...but it was paid off a while ago...well before I turned 50.

People can do okay if they do not own, but most do not because they do not have the discipline to invest in other ways.

Take @Joe for example. He rents. At his old age, he rents. Now he tries to explain that by renting, he does not feel tied down. Yet he lives in a shithole city and has lived there for a very very very long time. And he has not been disciplined enough to save. A $5 latte here. A $200 trans-hooker there. The guys spends with no discipline. And it has left him in the sad, desperate position that he now finds himself in.

@Joe demonstrates the perfect example of what not to do when planning for financial freedom.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
It is too late where we live unless two married professionals can afford to buy or young people have a windfall via an inheritance....young people these days can't afford to buy a home.

I will say that real estate has gone up way faster than wages.

But...I am not sure if that holds true for other things...food has gone up, but not by much...it seems to maybe have doubled in the last 20 years. Cars have not even doubled. My Z28 was around $40K. The equivalent new Camaro would be about $50-55K.

The younger people today are soft and like to complain a lot. Instead of figuring out a solution to their problems, they like to whine about it and look for sympathy.

So yeah, real estate is out of reach for some young people. But they should be renting and saving and biding their time. It's only a matter of time before the markets align with the needs of the buyers.

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
It is too late where we live unless two married professionals can afford to buy or young people have a windfall via an inheritance....young people these days can't afford to buy a home.

So true. Mom and Dad have to help.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I will say that real estate has gone up way faster than wages.

But...I am not sure if that holds true for other things...food has gone up, but not by much...it seems to maybe have doubled in the last 20 years. Cars have not even doubled. My Z28 was around $40K. The equivalent new Camaro would be about $50-55K.

The younger people today are soft and like to complain a lot. Instead of figuring out a solution to their problems, they like to whine about it and look for sympathy.

So yeah, real estate is out of reach for some young people. But they should be renting and saving and biding their time. It's only a matter of time before the markets align with the needs of the buyers.
The younger generation is being priced out of the real estate market in North Amerca @The Prowler

One solution to this is to punish the land hoarders by taxing them.

Places like Vancouver have been overrun by land hoarders, primarily from China.

I would tax the land hoarders successively for ever land beyond 1 house and vacation home they own.

Sure, hoard the land but pay the taxes. Every successive home beyond the primary residence and vacation home should be taxed. at an increased rate. so if a person buys say 6 homes, they pay thourgh the nose by the time they get to house 6. That might de incentivize land hoarding.

Punish them with even more tax if they use proxy buyers and fake owners.

Places like Taiwan do it or have done it, so they must know their own people very well.

Those people hoard land wherever they go and price everyone out of the market.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Canada is now accepting over a million immigrants per year, more than any other Western nation in the world per capita.

If you think homes are expensive now, just wait...

It is bad. I hate the mass immigration for a long list of reasons.

I am fortunate to have planned well so I own my own house. When the times comes to move, I will be downsizing, so there will be extra cash in my pocket.

My house is a 4 bedroom house which is the size that seems attractive to Indian immigrants. They like to stick 3 or 4 generations of a family into one 4 bedroom house. Usually the basement looks like an army barracks.

DDT

Factory Bastard
It is bad. I hate the mass immigration for a long list of reasons.

I am fortunate to have planned well so I own my own house. When the times comes to move, I will be downsizing, so there will be extra cash in my pocket.

My house is a 4 bedroom house which is the size that seems attractive to Indian immigrants. They like to stick 3 or 4 generations of a family into one 4 bedroom house. Usually the basement looks like an army barracks.
Our infrastructure simply can't handle the levels we're currently importing.

But ya, the EI's have no qualms about stuffing their entire extended family into one home! Uncles, Aunts, Grandma, Grandpa, you name it...

Then they'll line any free space with bunk beds so they can rent them to even more Indians!

We're turning into India fast! Soon there'll be no escaping the stench of curry powder!

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I am in the same boat.

I paid my first mortgage off in under 5 years.

This one we took a little longer...but it was paid off a while ago...well before I turned 50.

People can do okay if they do not own, but most do not because they do not have the discipline to invest in other ways.

Take @Joe for example. He rents. At his old age, he rents. Now he tries to explain that by renting, he does not feel tied down. Yet he lives in a shithole city and has lived there for a very very very long time. And he has not been disciplined enough to save. A $5 latte here. A $200 trans-hooker there. The guys spends with no discipline. And it has left him in the sad, desperate position that he now finds himself in.

@Joe demonstrates the perfect example of what not to do when planning for financial freedom.
I am planning to buy real estate in the next 2-3 years but it probably won’t be in Vancouver @The Prowler

There is better value & weather to be had elsewhere for much less. As I indicated to you before if I rented for 30 years instead buying a bottom of the barrel condo in Vancouver for $300-400,000, I’d actually pay less as a renter. So there is no incentive to buy in my city.

Btw many leasehold condos are worth more than your Ontario ‘castle’ in Vancouver Prowler. If you managed to sell your home icould hook you up with a realtor who will sell you that dream home 1 or 2br Vancouver Condo. Leasehold too

You wouldn’t get much for yer money here Prowler

Not even in the lower income working class areas where typical detached houses start at $1.6 million eh?

Good luck tho. They’re always accepting applicants Prowler

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
@Joe You live in fantasy world, old man.

@Joe Do you have enough saved that you can buy a house outright?
Ya’d be priced out of the Vancouver housing market if you wanted to move here and buy a house @The Prowler. But you might be able to make a go of it if you took out a substantial mortgate and had 5 tenants living in the upper floor and the basement

If you want to chase the Vancouver dream home lemme know and I’ll hook you up to a realtor. I think a Mr Wong or Chang will assist you Prowler