Life in California SUCKS

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
You are confusing two different things. In the early 1970's Reagan was governor of California (the state legislature was controlled by very left wing Democrats) and both wanted to end duty to care laws. Reagan because he thought the vast unionized state mental hospital system cost to much and care could be delivered more cheaply as outpatient care where as the liberal Dems thought it was somehow cruel or unfair to lock lunatics up in asylums.

What I was speaking about was a proposition passed in the 20 teens which ended jail terms for drug addicts. That sounded nice to ignorant leftists but has been a total disaster as judges can no longer tell them "go to rehab or go to jail". Now they automatically get diverted to voluntary rehab but they can check themselves out any time they want and many do the very same day. Under the old system failing to complete rehab resulted in jail time now there are no consequences. That is a hugely bad thing.

So get your story straight and learn what people are talking about.

You want me to get MY story straight?

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
BTW Michael Schellenburger, who is pretty far left, has covered the topic I spoke about above very extensively. The probable is most voters in California remain exceptionally uneducated on this topic. Just completely clueless.

Biggie Smiles

I make libturds berry angry. I do!!!
Site Supporter
You know, basic logic would demand that if the matter was as simple as a rogue republican governor signing a controversial bill into law that democrats who have controlled the governorship and chambers of state legislature in the 60 years since might do something to amend such a policy which remains in such stark contrast to their core values?

But of course, one would have to be a logical thinker capable of reason to think this way in the first place.

Last edited:

Biggie Smiles

Site Supporter
BTW Michael Schellenburger, who is pretty far left, has covered the topic I spoke about above very extensively. The probable is most voters in California remain exceptionally uneducated on this topic. Just completely clueless.
Well, they do excel in queer dance studies and have really cool maps they hand to tourists who wish to avoid mud piles of human shit in the streets.

progress son, Rome wasn't built in an evening.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
This is the state of San Francisco BTW. Look at all the lunatic drug addicts tripping out in public. Notice how the disabled man in a wheel chair can't even get buy because of all the druggies, tents, and trash?

This is what liberal "empathy" turns societies into.

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
You are confusing two different things. In the early 1970's Reagan was governor of California (the state legislature was controlled by very left wing Democrats) and both wanted to end duty to care laws. Reagan because he thought the vast unionized state mental hospital system cost to much and care could be delivered more cheaply as outpatient care where as the liberal Dems thought it was somehow cruel or unfair to lock lunatics up in asylums.

What I was speaking about was a proposition passed in the 20 teens which ended jail terms for drug addicts. That sounded nice to ignorant leftists but has been a total disaster as judges can no longer tell them "go to rehab or go to jail". Now they automatically get diverted to voluntary rehab but they can check themselves out any time they want and many do the very same day. Under the old system failing to complete rehab resulted in jail time now there are no consequences. That is a hugely bad thing.

I’m confusing things? Or you don’t have the slightest inclination as to how or where the wheel went off kilter, transplant?

You’re not going to convince anyone in this state that locking a mentally ill person away for life because they do drugs is the way to fix this. If you don’t address the mental illness, the drug addict will never be rehabilitated.

Take a first time offender and put them in prison, you’re going to expose them to rapists and murderers and end up with drug addict with a degree in seasoned criminal.

This is your answer to an epidemic?

Biggie Smiles

Site Supporter
This is the state of San Francisco BTW. Look at all the lunatic drug addicts tripping out in public. Notice how the disabled man in a wheel chair can't even get buy because of all the druggies, tents, and trash?

This is what liberal "empathy" turns societies into.

Oh come now

We all know this is Republican jargon filmed in some far away solar system simply to make democrat run areas look bad.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Reagan signed the Lanterman-Petris-Short Act in 1967, all but ending the practice of institutionalizing patients against their will. When deinstitutionalization began 50 years ago, California mistakenly relied on community treatment facilities, which were never built

You didn't even read my post, did you? Also, the reason no new state outpatient hospitals were built is because MediCAL (the state version of Medicaid) out sourced coverage due to federal regulations. In short, the feds required all Medicaid recipients to go to any care provider they wished thinking private doctors would take up the cases. Largely they did but insurance payments to doctors via Medicaid were so low not much care could be provided.

Now, what does that have to do with the proposition from the twenty teens which I was speaking about?

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
You didn't even read my post, did you?

They need a mental health faculty, not prison…
Do you know that if someone does not treat underlying PTSD, any injury or major health issue they endure thereafter is magnified by the underlying mental condition. ~ there is your opioid epidemic aka 68% of the homeless in your community in a nutshell.

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
It sure would be easier if Murdy could learn to read though. They never read so they never know what other people are even talking about.

I did read it and I still don’t agree with your theory that it is the problem. I have since outlined what I think is.

Biggie Smiles

Site Supporter
Isn't it just uncanny? For Republicans to somehow always be responsible for things they never had any association with?

Take Balitmore for instance -- controlled by democrats in every area of state government from the Governor on down to the local lunch lady. And during the reigns of Obama the loved and Clinton the Kind was governed blue at the federal level too. For the last 30 years or so

But somehow, the failing school districts, out of control crime and poverty are the fault of CONs and something called systemic racism.

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
You lock them up because they commit a crime.

The bonus for them is that it can give them a chance to go through withdrawal/detox and beat any addiction they have.

Or they can prostitute themselves in prison to buy more drugs, which will only add to the corruption in prison.

Biggie Smiles

Site Supporter
Or they can prostitute themselves in prison to buy more drugs, which will only add to the corruption in prison.
Well then, I guess poop maps and roaming hordes of drug addled losers it will have to be then.

you have every angle countered.

you should run for something. Maybe the senate?

After John Fettermen anything is possible.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
They need a mental health faculty, not prison…
Do you know that if someone does not treat underlying PTSD, any injury or major health issue they endure thereafter is magnified by the underlying mental condition. ~ there is your opioid epidemic aka 68% of the homeless in your community in a nutshell.

Dear God, please learn to read because you are ranting completely off topic. There needs to be consequences for failing to complete rehab. Buntil just half a decade or so ago we had a good system in California where judges were empowered to tell criminal addicts "go to rehab or go to jail". If they completed it rehab then they were just on probation but if they failed to complete rehab then they went to jail.

That provided incentives for criminals to stay in rehab and complete the process. What part of that do you not understand?

Biggie Smiles

Site Supporter
Dear God, please learn to read because you are ranting completely off topic. There needs to be consequences for failing to complete rehab. Buntil just half a decade or so ago we had a good system in California where judges were empowered to tell criminal addicts "go to rehab or go to jail". If they completed it rehab then they were just on probation but if they failed to complete rehab then they went to jail.

That provided incentives for criminals to stay in rehab and complete the process. What part of that do you not understand?
It's like having your head in a vice grip isn't it?

Sometimes I pinch myself as I await them to smile and say "nah I'm just fucking with you; I'm really not this irretrievably stupid yanno"

but that day never comes. :(

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
Then put them in solitary.

Gotta get those motherfuckers clean.

That sounds like a huge liability for the state, who would be held accountable if a prisoner died, considering a drug addict being forced into detox will experience dehydration, increased blood pressure and seizures.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Dude she never listens to shit people are saying. She scans your post at best and shes focused more on what SHE is going to say.

So she wont even take a minute to grasp what you are saying.

You are absolutely correct but even if you cite these facts she probably wont look at them anyway.

Drug addiction isnt a mental illness either. It is a disorder that can be influenced by untreated mental illness. Like me. A LOT of people with untreated PTSD like I have typically experience SUD(substance use disorder). Not everyone who experiences addiction has a mental illness.... there are a lot of people who get medically addicted (from a chronic medical condition) and have no underlying mental illness. Those people tend to do really well in recovery.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I did read it and I still don’t agree with your theory that it is the problem. I have since outlined what I think is.

It is not a theory. It is what judges, addiction experts, and police unions all say needs to be done. That is what we used to do until ignorant leftists turned it into a free for all causing the problem to grow vastly worse. You bastards literally caused this with your ignorant decriminalizition nonsense.

Biggie Smiles

Site Supporter
For a visual representation of what you are dealing with

sponge-bob-square-pants.gif

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
It is not a theory. It is what judges, addiction experts, and police unions all say needs to be done. That is what we used to do until ignorant leftists turned it into a free for all causing the problem to grow vastly worse. You bastards literally caused this with your ignorant decriminalizition nonsense.

Well, unlike you I’m not insane and blaming a political party (that I’ve ever been affiliated with or voted for) for putting a crack pipe or heroin needle in the hands of a mentally ill person.

Your blame game is childish.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
That sounds like a huge liability for the state, who would be held accountable if a prisoner died, considering a drug addict being forced into detox will experience dehydration, increased blood pressure and seizures.

I guess you are right and it is far better to let them die by the thousands on the streets. No need to try anything different.

Why do they always double down on stupid? We had a good system which actually worked yet they will refuse to go back to it because they don't want to admit they were wrong and made things vastly worse.

Last edited:

Biggie Smiles

Site Supporter
Well, unlike you I’m not insane and blaming a political party (that I’ve ever been affiliated with or voted for) for putting a crack pipe or heroin needle in the hands of a mentally ill person.

Your blame game is childish.
That's right Oerdin

How dare you subscribe to the ridiculous notion that people who are in charge set the tone for how their dominions of influence are governed

what is u ignarant or sumthin ?

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
You didn't even read my post, did you?
Welcome to a "discussion" with Murd.

She doesnt read or listen to shit anyone says.....she just keeps arguing and claiming you are the confused one while she doesnt even know what you are saying.

I once argued with her trying to explain to her that AIDs is advanced staged HIV. She thinks it's two different viruses and I was explaining to her that AIDs is a condition caused by HIV when you get under a certain Tcell count.

This is common knowledge but she didnt get it. I showed her about 4 reputable medical sources explaining what HIV/AIDs is.....you know what she said?

She said "I'm not looking at any of that. I know I'm right because I had to sign a paper at work due to someone who has HIV".

I shit you not. I was so floored and flabbergasted.

You cannot have a discussion with her about anything. She doesn't hear anything, she doesn't accept any info or facts that dont align with her. And she is proud of being like this. She thinks it makes her strong to be willfully and passionately ignorant and rude as fuck. Shes another one whose ego is so enmeshed in every exchange that she cannot communicate. Shes right .....you are wrong and she is here to tell you why you are wrong and it's not important what you are actually saying.

When you start to feel that "OMFG what is wrong with her?".....know that's normal.