Non-Americans ask, Do Americans really...?

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
My wife tried that, too. But it's 4 to 1 to 1 so it's not that much pork, and even if you just use more veal it's still not as good. Plus, taking out the bacon is a deal killer for sure.

I use the crispy bacon (and grease) for my grandmothers baked beans, which were sweet from brown sugar.

I still make her meatloaf with baked potatoes and baked beans. I used to tell my mom “let’s get baked” when I was in the mood to make it when I still lived at home.

deport_liberals

Banned
Banned
I'd definately take the pork out.
My wife tried that, too. But it's 4 to 1 to 1 so it's not that much pork, and even if you just use more veal it's still not as good. Plus, taking out the bacon is a deal killer for sure.

I make an exception for occasional bacon but we really dont eat pork over here lol. Not really for religious reasons but pigs eat garbage and all kinds of nasty crap.
Elhamdullah you too are ready for the triumph of submission to Islam.

Libs are gonna hate it!

deport_liberals

Banned
Banned
I miss Boston Market meatloaf with creamed spinach, mac n cheez, and potatoes and gravy. I wonder if BM is still good or if they've been ruined like everything else from my childhood...

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
I miss Boston Market meatloaf with creamed spinach, mac n cheez, and potatoes and gravy. I wonder if BM is still good or if they've been ruined like everything else from my childhood...

I haven’t seen a Boston Market since St. Louis nearly 10 years ago.

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
I prefer mine to have a thin layer of ketchup so that the meat browns nicely.

My mother and grandmother didn’t do this. They though ketchup didn’t belong on their hamburger:LOL3:

Blurt

Bastard of the Century
Site Supporter ☠️
Americans put ketchup on everything... even on eggs!

But I'll admit a thin layer of ketchup on a meat loaf makes a good bake.